IGNORED

NOVA Gangs of New York (Novamedia Exclusive #24) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

Benoit46

• ★ Administrators ★

The Hub orders came in and unfourtantly i have some bad news which im hoping the Retailer can and will rectify. 

Due to not wrapping the OC boxes securly enough in Bubblewrap , all of the OC boxes has some sort of minimal damage to them.  

This is occuring due to the practice of the packing that NOVA uses.  

The OC Boxes are wrapped 2-3 times in very thin bubble wrap Vertically and Horizontally , unfourtantly this is NOT enough protection for the long journey , especially if you set them horizontally in the box , crammed next to each other and really no protection on top or bottom worth mentioning.  These OC boxsets are very prone to damage on the corners due to them being sharp edges.  Everytime that weak box hits the ground or other hard surfaces the corners take a whacking. 

For those of you who have received directly from NOVA you do know what im talking about with the wrapping , although im not too sure how they pack when sending singles to someone , it could be that they are alot better wrapped .

Im not trying to get anyone wound up here , this should only be taken as constructive criticism and nothing else. 

NOVA maybe if you could ask your fellow Retailers like WeET how they manage to send without having damages done to the boxsets... I can understand 1 or even 2 but not 5 from 5 

Anyway HUB members , i just wanted to give you a shout out and inform you of this as it does anger me to have to present these Editions to you .  Although the damages are minor its still frustrating for all involved when trying to get replacement empty boxes for the editions.

Take care

@ksosk @extantsrevenge @Kingd1127 @Wheels @ClassAct @Xeneixe

This is concerning the USA HUB members

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

Hi guys any news on the single edition? Mine has been stuck in Korea since 26th Sep?  It says "waiting to leave origin country" 

But for 2 weeks? 

Any idea what's going on... 

Occasionally  the shipping  does  not update  as fast as we would  like.

I have had Direct  shipping  before that say still in origin  country and i have had that item in my hands .

Give it a while yet Sweetheart ❤❤

On 10/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, Ehsan said:

Hi guys any news on the single edition? Mine has been stuck in Korea since 26th Sep?  It says "waiting to leave origin country" 

But for 2 weeks? 

Any idea what's going on... 

mine is at the post office (UK) for collection today. Got caught with an import charge, but hey ho, you win some you lose some.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RhodW said:

mine is at the post office (UK) for collection today. Got caught with an import charge, but hey ho, you win some you lose some.

Same buddy , hit with customs which kind of sucks

I've ordered direct from their Kimchi website in the past... and it gives you the option of what to display for Customs info

Believe it or not, you can stipulate $15 gift for customs purposes - and they did it (and I had no problems)

I think for direct shipping GBs ,  MP should look into asking member instructions (specific to each country) which can the be passed on to the retailer (similar to how our address is passed on, with some additional info). If Kimchi allow this extra information provision on direct ordering, no reason why GBs cannot accommodate this?

Many thanks

Edited by Ehsan
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

Same buddy , hit with customs which kind of sucks

I've ordered direct from their Kimchi website in the past... and it gives you the option of what to display for Customs info

Believe it or not, you can stipulate $15 gift for customs purposes - and they did it (and I had no problems)

I think for direct shipping GBs ,  MP should look into asking member instructions (specific to each country) which can the be passed on to the retailer (similar to how our address is passed on, with some additional info). If Kimchi allow this extra information provision on direct ordering, no reason why GBs cannot accommodate this?

Many thanks

Point taken! 

I'll discuss with Kimchi.

The truth is they are aware of the custom. Is there any new laws or custom practice at your side recently?

KS

10 minutes ago, RhodW said:

I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault I’ve been hit by customs on kimchi and BluFans in the past as well, I just put it down to luck. I pay far fewer times than I don’t. 

and just for full clarity asking Kimchi to put a lower value (if they offer or not) could get them in trouble if caught......

@ksosk no change on our side.. Royal Mail will always try and charge when they can

@RhodW I don't think it's an issue buddy, it's like requesting a sales invoice e.g. for VAT purposes (all business do it)

So to make something friendly is legit, moreover - if they offer this service on their website - they seem to be ok so far (as they surely haven't been in trouble for it lol.. )

Edited by Ehsan
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
18 hours ago, RhodW said:

and just for full clarity asking Kimchi to put a lower value (if they offer or not) could get them in trouble if caught......

@Ehsan unfourtantly this is correct.  Just because they offer it does not mean it is correct.  

Anyway please do not discuss things like this on our open Forum , this thread is for the release it self LOL, if you have any questions , complaints or tips you want to pass on please contact the member by PM.

Thank you !

• 3 months later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Was there not supposed to be replacement boxes for these getting sorted ? My box had quite a big dint on the front corner of my OC ?? It actually slipped my mind but just been moving some stuff about and seen it and now my OCD won't forget about it lol. Anybody ??? 

51 minutes ago, Basil said:

@DodgyDave⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

basil :)

Pass. 
Maybe John knows something about it. Sounds a bit late now though. 

• 11 months later...