ksosk

hdzeta-png-220042687586ccca1d0acf8bc4c6182b First Man (HDZeta Silver Label Exclusive #??) (WWA ??? Blu-ray Steelbook) [China]

18 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

It’s actually called trolling when people are talking about something like like and people jump in just to dump on it. Just sayin’ 😉

Surely also it is expanding  the realms of discussion 😁.

Lets face it the more discussion we get the better .

Even more so when everyone plays  nice 😊🤗

Just like the AMAZING  set HdZ will put together for First Man .

Now I just need to  get them to do the same for Bohemian Rapsody 

giphy-downsized.gif

4 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

Lets face it the more discussion we get the better .

Toxic discussion is pernicious, the internet's already full of it and there is no good reason for it. If I don't like something, I don't go looking for topics where people do just so I can tell them why they're wrong. If more people spent time talking about what they like then what they don't, the internet would be a far more inviting place to all.

Heh, heh, WCL puts out a gorgeous release of a totally fictitious event (2001: A Space Odyssey) and everyone loses their minds.

HDZ is bringing a gorgeous release of probably one of the greatest achievements in the history of the Human Race and folks say, "ho-hum, seen it, whatever, boring!"

Well um, I love them both. So will own both. 🙂

And yes, I too was glued to our Black & White television screen as the events played out in real time.

Probably the greatest thing I've seen, this lifetime...🙂

YMMV....

All I can say is that the discussions help fill out a thread, with humorous chat, that was fairly empty before.

As long as folks express it as their opinion, and only their opinion, then they are fully entitled to do so.

I originally made the point about the film/release because of the subject matter. I haven't seen the film, I will probably never watch it. 

I referenced Titanic because it is a prime example. IT SANK. Unless you change the facts to fiction, films that are factual, or based on facts, only have one outcome. 

Which is a bit boring when you already know that outcome. In my opinion of course. 

As for buying a copy. Then yes, I will definitely get HDzs release. a) because I collect HDz.  b) because HDz never dissapoint me with the quality of their releases.

And I'm with Ade on this....

Musicals should be banned from being made into films.

If you are sad enough to watch Musicals, got to the bloody theatre. Keep our Cinemas free of the drivel. :D

Just my opinion of course. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

I referenced Titanic because it is a prime example. IT SANK. Unless you change the facts to fiction, films that are factual, or based on facts, only have one outcome. 

Which is a bit boring when you already know that outcome. In my opinion of course.

I think that can also be said about most fictional movies. I mean is anyone really wondering if the good guys will win in the next Superhero Movie?

I like to watch movies about actual events too. If they are well made have great production value and good actors, it is also entertaining to me. But I have to admit, they don't tend to have so much rewatch value, compared to a good blockbuster.

Anyway First Man was really good, I especially liked the effects as they did not look like effects, was a worthy winner of the effects oscar.

18 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

Amazing devotion to a film that really has nothing of interest in it.

5 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

the discussions help fill out a thread, with humorous chat, that was fairly empty before.

You betray your intent with these conflicting statements. It was not empty, it was just empty of negativity.

…and your idea of humor needs some work.

And musicals are an important contribution in the filmmaking world. Personally, I am particularly excited about Spielberg's forthcoming remake of West Side Story. Hater are free to stay home and watch Goggle Box on their 2K TVs while the rest of us enjoy cinematic achievements on the big screen.

39 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

And musicals are an important contribution in the filmmaking world. Personally, I am particularly excited about Spielberg's forthcoming remake of West Side Story. Hater are free to stay home and watch Goggle Box on their 2K TVs ....

Yes these new fangled colour televisions are a massive leap forward from the old black and white. 

10 hours ago, Grendel said:

probably one of the greatest achievements in the history of the Human Race

The internet claims that Stanley Kubrick staged the whole thing and he evenly cheekily references the rumors by having Danny Torrance wear a NASA sweater in The Shining.

A great achievement either way. 

25 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

Yes these new fangled colour televisions are a massive leap forward from the old black and white. 

Hardly necessary for watching shows about people sitting around complaining about everything.

In the mid '70's I remember during my Air Force "Trades training" (next step after boot-camp) we would each lunch and race back to the barracks to watch...

"Leave It To Beaver".

Okay, I'm talking about a rather testosterone filled room with (about 30) rather large men, all watching Leave it to Beaver until we had to form up and march back to training centre.

Wild....