Basil

hmv in trouble....

thought people want to know this hmv in trouble maybe calling adminstrators,
i pray not dont need to loose another one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46699290

HMV on brink of second collapse in six years

Music retailer HMV is poised to enter administration for the second time in six years, a move that would affect 2,200 staff at more than 120 stores.

basil icon_surprised.gif

• Sad 1

Awards

On 12/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, ksosk said:

It is definitely not easy to maintain a storefront in this era for this trade.

HMV has moved out of majority of Asia countries.

i just read story hmv has to pay £15 million just in rent for all of its stores each year.

no wonder they got problems if they are having to pay that much rent.

i got bad feeling this may go the way of zavvi online only, think would be they only way the could begin to compete no matter how much we want a store.

i even had to cancel couple of pre-orders which i did not want to do but no way, i will end up out of pocket.

i would highly suggest anyone with christmas gift cards gets them spent quick and also any unspent points or they be down the drain too.

basil :)

Awards

@ksosk you are so right , our thought should go to those who might be jobless due to this disaster and not only on ones self .  

@Basil I would think those who are renting the store space out would communicate with the HMV chain to find a possible rent reduction solution ... i would think less is better then none.  IF HMV closes those storefronts alot of Renters will be out of cash as well , this would be a great time for those with deep pockets to show some compassion and help them as well as their selves. 

Thanks for the information ,it is interesting for sure !

Take care

John

I read the same 15 Million in rates each store 😞😞 .

I would hope that this second collapse like the first one will be stopped . 

The stores and staff are so helpful and friendly and go above and beyond to help customers 👍👊👊.

The business may move online to loose the shops on our already ailling UK High Streets will be another nail in our historic heritage 97 years of HMV .

The first 7 inch single Golden Brown = The Stranglers AND  LP CD  Queen A Kind Of Magic. Betamax  TAPE Raiders Of The Lost Ark  I baught At HMV Mansfield.  

I hope they can save as many jobs and stores as possible. 

The staff truly had no idea until the news broke Friday AM 😪😪

HEARTBREAKING 💔💔💔💔

• Sad 1

Just been to hmv today. Staff said they know as much as us. There  not getting any new stock in though. Theye quite a lot of 4k content reduced. Got a couple of bargains. There no longer accepting the pure hmv loyalty card. Which im a.bit selfishly disappointed about as I nearly had enough points for £50 store credit 🤔 got this for £22 though. 

IMG_20190103_163120.jpg