IGNORED

extantsrevenge New Steelbook Arrivals

@extantsrevenge Some nice editions you got there my friend I’m still thinking about the Hulk boxset...lol I got the Incredible Hulk steelbook though. 

Got some nice Filmarena editions the other Day got MI Fallout and Secret life of pets... got enough for my first Filmarena award have posted it on the Filmarena award page...

Have you received yours yet?

• Like 3

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
21 minutes ago, StrikerEureka79 said:

@extantsrevenge Some nice editions you got there my friend I’m still thinking about the Hulk boxset...lol I got the Incredible Hulk steelbook though. 

Got some nice Filmarena editions the other Day got MI Fallout and Secret life of pets... got enough for my first Filmarena award have posted it on the Filmarena award page...

Have you received yours yet?

Not yet shipped 😪 I hope soon. Oh cool, Filmarena Award, I will check that soon 👌

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Oh, oh.

2nd copy was dented? Dare I ask what the condition of the first was? 🥴

Glad you got a replacement my friend. Did you by chance order direct from Anime Lmtd?

I ordered two copies and 1 came in good condition the other with a large dent on the back. I did order from amazon. As shipping turns out to be cheaper.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

alison brie omg GIF

Can you imagine, I did not post new arrivals since June 11th 😱. Here are the new items from the last few weeks.

Jaws 4K SB

Princess Pride Mediabook 4K (I read that the relaese has Disc problems, have to investigate further 😪)

Mad Max Fury Road Titans of Cult

Attack on Titan Season 2 Vol.2

Newsteelbook 295 - Media Psychos - Jaws 4K - Mad Max Titans of Cult - Steelbook

• Like 9

• ★ Administrators ★

And Part 2 of my new arrivals, the last two Filmarena shipments 😍, I actually have another MI6 Box to open, so I can add the individual slips to my collection. But with my injuries, I was not motivated enough to open at the moment. And yes that stupid banner on Inception is annoying 😪

Newsteelbook 296 - Media Psychos - Filmarena - Inception - Hobbs and Shaw - MI6 - Secret Life of Pets 2

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Never really got time to post my new stuff these days 😥

But herea re some new arrivals. I already have the US BD from Angelic Layer and MSG0083 but I thought the UK versions are cooler with the boxes and stuff. Also got Wild Plams 😍, Spartacus 4K and Maria-sama ga Miteru complete BD collection 😍

Newsteelbook 299- Media Psychos - Spartacus 4K - Wild Palms - Anime

tumblr_olw69kE6E71w5657yo1_640.gifv

• Like 10

Wonderful new pick-ups @extantsrevenge  🤩

I agree, those Boxed eds look beautiful!

Now, I CANNOT afford to get into Gundam!!!

I enjoy the few shows I've seen of course but it would be as difficult as tracking down all the One Piece or Bleach titles so I ain't goin' down that rabbit hole!! 😛

It's bad enough, I'm considering picking up The varied "Fate" series(s), heh.

Maria Watches Over Us I've heard of, of course but haven't picked it up. I may do so and then forward to my Girls.

Same with Angelic Layer, so thanks much for the push! 🙂

Spartacus, I'll await the EB ed, as I already have 3 previous copies.

Also thanks for the reminder wrt "Wild Palms". I need to put that on my Short List.

Cheers Buddy.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, Grendel said:

Maria Watches Over Us I've heard of, of course but haven't picked it up. I may do so and then forward to my Girls.

Same with Angelic Layer, so thanks much for the push! 🙂

Maria-sama is awesome, beautiful animations, likeable characters and sweet story. I think your girls would really like this.

Angelic Layer is also great, very cute.

4 hours ago, Grendel said:

Now, I CANNOT afford to get into Gundam!!!

I enjoy the few shows I've seen of course but it would be as difficult as tracking down all the One Piece or Bleach titles so I ain't goin' down that rabbit hole!! 😛

It's bad enough, I'm considering picking up The varied "Fate" series(s), heh.

Yeah, if you want to see all Gundam it will take some time 😅. Maybe go for the Main Part the Universal Century series. Features some of the coolest charactes in Anime. I recently finished my BD run of the MSG0080 OVA (I posted here before) and it is one of the best anime pices in history. I was really moved again by how awesome it was.

I also try to stay away from the other really long running series. One Pice, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Detective Conan, I really don't want to watch hundreds of episodes of some shonen action 😅.

I do watch Gintama which is often very fun and good, but can have really stupid stories as well. I'm at 142 and it has over 360 episodes, so still some to go 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning @extantsrevenge  🙂

I appreciate your suggestion wrt "Gundam". 😀

To say the amount of titles available is substantial, would be a huge understatement.

The only 'Mech' show I have in its entirety, would be Patlabor, which I very much enjoyed.

I may pursue a bit of Gundam, based on your recommendation but if you could go so far as to specify which Blus to actually purchase, that would be very much appreciated my friend!

The other two we mentioned, 'Maria' and 'Angelic' I will probably order tomorrow. 🙂

Oh, I received one of my newly ordered Anime artbooks today buddy! I'll post my pics/synopsis in the "Anime Related" Thread.

It's so, so gorgeous I'm dang near speechless!

Cheers!

p.s. I personally like to post new arrivals in their appropriate Thread, then I'll xfr those pics to my own collection forum after.

I for one would appreciate you doing the same, as it is far easier to do comparisons within the subject thread than it is in your collection thread.

So yeah, short answer, post 'em twice buddy!  🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi @Grendel,

the first ever Gundam series Mobile Suit Gundam was released in 79 and has 43 episodes. This is the start of the UC timeline and it is available

in 2 collections

61mC6kkNRcL.jpg61uROyzfHvL.jpg

they also combined the series into 3 movies with some new animation added and stuff. I'm not really a fan of such movies, since so much is missing and they mostly feel like a condensed longer episodes, that don't make sense 😅. Which is not the case with these films. They are all over 2hours long, so you get all the important things and they have a real movie feeling. I actually saw them before I got hold of the series. For someone that is not familiar with Gundam and wants to check it out, these would be a good choice if you don't want to commit seeing a complete series.

716apcjsgjL._SL1139_.jpg

The Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket OVA (is the first Gundam OVA made) and is taking place during the end of the One Year War. As I mentioned it is hard to find a better OVA Series.

71rNSev01uL._SX342_.jpg

Another OVA taking place during the end of the War is the Mobile Suit Gundam 8th MS Team Series. Absolutely amazing and highly receommended, so good.

61St7E0ALHL.jpg

Sunrise did in recent years a Prequel OVA Series that is showing us the story of some main characters before the original series and what led to the one year war. It is based on the Origin Manga.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin is available in 2 collections (4 and 2 episodes).

71901KXCBFL._SX342_.jpg51e016TB0TL.jpg

For any Gundam Fan this series is a dream come true 😍

Of course that is not all, we also got MSG 0083, MSG Z, ZZ, V, Char's Counterattack, F91 and Unicorn in the Main timeline.

Add to that the countless alternate timelines/settings like Gundam Wing (which got me startet with Gundam), MSG 00, Seed, Seed Destiny and more (which are partly not so good 😅).

I hope that helps you a little.

• Thanks 1

:wow: Yeah, that helps A LOT @extantsrevenge! Thanks very much for your efforts compiling such a great list.

I won't be placing any Gundam orders tomorrow, heh but at least now I have an idea of where to start looking, which is half the battle.

Thanks again buddy. Should I have any more questions in this regard, I now know who to pester... 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

excited chris hemsworth GIF

Got a nice package from @icewire 😍🙏

This takes care of my 3 most wanted editions. Thor 1 & 2 Blufans 1/4 and John Wick 2 1/4 :wow: I already have Thor 3 1/4 (but only in the Box Set, so it is nice to have a loose copy to go with the other 2) 😀. The Venom 1/4 is also so that I have a loose copy outside the Boxsets. With the added Thor 1 & 2 I now have a complete MCU Blufans Set with all editions 😃

John Wick 2 1/4 is making the John Wick Nova Collection complete (I already have 1 1/4 and Lenti, but I bought both later and the condition of the shrink wrap is not so great, so these will take care of that problem 😂).

Newsteelbook 300- Media Psychos - Thor Blufans - John Wick Novamedia

Another fun fact is that this is my New arrival picture #300 since I started taking them in early 2016. Could not have been a cooler package

Here is the first I made from 4 years ago, also with Thor 😀

newsteelbook1.thumb.JPG.228b1823a32ed69c64a9bd6282047661.JPG

• Like 8

Spoiler
3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

This takes care of my 3 most wanted editions. Thor 1 & 2 Blufans 1/4 and John Wick 2 1/4 :wow: I already have Thor 3 1/4 (but only in the Box Set, so it is nice to have a loose copy to go with the other 2) 😀. The Venom 1/4 is also so that I have a loose copy outside the Boxsets. With the added Thor 1 & 2 I now have a complete MCU Blufans Set with all editions 😃

John Wick 2 1/4 is making the John Wick Nova Collection complete (I already have 1 1/4 and Lenti, but I bought both later and the condition of the shrink wrap is not so great, so these will take care of that problem 😂).

@icewire we are going to have a chat my friend, i'm pretty sure you sent this package ⬆️ to the wrong address and i'm not happy about it 🤬 also if memory serves right this might be the second package that has been sent to the wrong address, the first one might of have a certain edition that Mr Squirrel already had, in 3D...

• Haha 3

• ★ Administrators ★
32 minutes ago, Count Dantes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@icewire we are going to have a chat my friend, i'm pretty sure you sent this package ⬆️ to the wrong address and i'm not happy about it 🤬 also if memory serves right this might be the second package that has been sent to the wrong address, the first one might of have a certain edition that Mr Squirrel already had, in 3D...

jack nicholson laughing GIF

sorry @Count Dantes it went like this

ComplicatedWhoppingGermanspaniel-small.g

Big Smile GIF by memecandy

You will see more in his new arrival update 😀

• Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
Révélation
Le 05/08/2020 à 14:26, extantsrevenge a dit :

Another fun fact is that this is my New arrival picture #300 since I started taking them in early 2016. Could not have been a cooler package

Here is the first I made from 4 years ago, also with Thor 😀

newsteelbook1.thumb.JPG.228b1823a32ed69c64a9bd6282047661.JPG

Fantastic Hall Nils 😍

• Like 1