IGNORED

Hi from London, England!

Markyone

Hello there! I am Markyone from London, England and I am first and foremost a big movie buff primarily of the 1950s and 1960s because of my favourite genres - being the great epic (Lawrence of Arabia, Spartacus, Ben-Hur, etc,) war flicks (The Guns of Navarone being my favourite, along with The Bridge over the River Kwai, The Longest Day and The Great Escape) and spy movies, particularly the Flint movies. But my real favourite genre is SF, and the 1960s provided the best: Fantastic Voyage, Planet of the Apes, Seconds, and Colossus: The Forbin Project - a film which I absolutely love and rediscovered recently, so much so I have bought nine different DVD/Bluray releases because of varying special features and the recent soundtrack CD twice!! (I think Colossus has taken control of my thought processes) 

But what bought me here was my No1 all-time favourite movie ever...2001: A Space Odyssey. I have every incarnation and home entertainment release of this film stretching nearly 40 years and when I discovered this stunning Chinese limited release, I knew I could not let this go! It looks amazing. It will look good next to my four-volume Taschen limited edition book from four years ago...

So all-in-all, I have about between 400 - 500 DVDs and Blurays and a few books as well on films and filmmaking. My favourite time of viewing my collection is around Christmas so I will start going through as much as I can as well as watching 2001 many times!

That's it from me: I look forward to chatting with you!

• ★ Administrators ★

@Markyone thanks for the nice introduction. Very cool to hear about your interests and collection. I do like many of the classics as well, sometimes you get the feeling that they are forgotten with all the new stuff released today.

Very happy that you joined because of the WCL 2001 Edition, that one is going to be epic good.

If you like you to share some pictures of yur collection you can do so in this section, your 2001 collection sounds very impressive ?

Hope you enjoy our site and find even more items for your collection.

Archived