IGNORED

Kimchidvd Captain America: The First Avenger (Kimchidvd Exclusive #055) (WEA 3D/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

Benoit46

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@45Caliber

I don't get a lot of the MCU , watching one to follow whatever NOT my thing at all. 

We saw Dr Strange at the Cinema last Marvel before that was Blade . I wont go and watch Dr Strange in a Thor movie or any other as I get board with the whole super hero .

I like Chris Evans . I don't get Captain America like I dont get Superman .

The package Kimchi has put together is STUNNING for sure ??

@Scary Hair Strange is my favorite. I secured a BF Double Lenti & am hitting up a head psyco for the single & the Kimchi FS. I can't get into the sequels & the Avengers with all the crossovers and tangential storylines. It's all too bloated for me. Same with Justice League; Do we really need Flash when we have Superman?

• ★ Administrators ★

I love when they come together, especially if it is as good as the first Avengers. But I'm a harcore comic fan since I can think and have followed the storys so long in the comics, that it is simply awesome to see them on the big screen done right ? Sadly the comics are getting more stupid each month ?

Love the MCU and LOVE that its all connected like the comics, far superior to run the mill cinema junk! Smart films that takes some thought to place them all together. For me Cap 1 is the foundation and a far better film than either IM1 or Thor. Proper old school adventure film with a big heart and great love story. For me films with no love angle are epic FAILS, ALL OF THEM! This is a top 3 MCU film for me personally and the one I rewatch the most.

Awards

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I love when they come together, especially if it is as good as the first Avengers. But I'm a harcore comic fan since I can think and have followed the storys so long in the comics, that it is simply awesome to see them on the big screen done right 1f60d.png Sadly the comics are getting more stupid each month 1f602.png

I can certainly appreciate your perspective. I watch the films with only a vague knowledge of the mythos and enjoy them for what they are, but I like the more straightforward narratives the most.

12 minutes ago, psychoscot said:

Love the MCU and LOVE that its all connected like the comics, far superior to run the mill cinema junk! Smart films that takes some thought to place them all together. For me Cap 1 is the foundation and a far better film than either IM1 or Thor. Proper old school adventure film with a big heart and great love story. For me films with no love angle are epic FAILS, ALL OF THEM! This is a top 3 MCU film for me personally and the one I rewatch the most.

I'm definitely due a fresh viewing. I've only seen it the one time in it's 1st run and liked it but remember it feeling overlong; that could've been situational as well. I think moreso, I'm soured by the sequels. I watched them at home with my wife and we couldn't stand the endless banter between Cap & Black Widow in Winter Soldier and my attention span had trouble sitting through the entirety of Civil War. It just felt too overstuffed. 

1 hour ago, 45Caliber said:

I can certainly appreciate your perspective. I watch the films with only a vague knowledge of the mythos and enjoy them for what they are, but I like the more straightforward narratives the most.

I'm definitely due a fresh viewing. I've only seen it the one time in it's 1st run and liked it but remember it feeling overlong; that could've been situational as well. I think moreso, I'm soured by the sequels. I watched them at home with my wife and we couldn't stand the endless banter between Cap & Black Widow in Winter Soldier and my attention span had trouble sitting through the entirety of Civil War. It just felt too overstuffed. 

I'm not a massive fan of Cvil War, it was good, but overstuffed with plot threads and characters ready to build the next few films. Winter Soldier I have to side with the critics as THE Marvel film, absolute perfection in everyway and by far the best Marvel film to date. Taking a comic character and making an adult thriller was just sublime. The banter with Natasha "like the comics" was brilliant and held it together. By far the best Marvel film, and one of my top 10 films of all-time

Awards

1 minute ago, psychoscot said:

I'm not a massive fan of Cvil War, it was good, but overstuffed with plot threads and characters ready to build the next few films. Winter Soldier I have to side with the critics as THE Marvel film, absolute perfection in everyway and by far the best Marvel film to date. Taking a comic character and making an adult thriller was just sublime. The banter with Natasha "like the comics" was brilliant and held it together. By far the best Marvel film, and one of my top 10 films of all-time

I'm glad you enjoyed WS. I do recall your saying you were getting the First Avenger slip to match. It's just one man (and his wife's) opinion. She's way more critical than me, btw. She won't sit through 10 mins of a movie if it doesn't bring it immediately, along these lines:

I'm glad you enjoyed WS. I do recall your saying you were getting the First Avenger slip to match. It's just one man (and his wife's) opinion. She's way more critical than me, btw. She won't sit through 10 mins of a movie if it doesn't bring it immediately, along these lines:

She must hate a lot of films lol, as 99.9% of brilliant films, don't immediately hit, they build.

My partners fave films that she watches again and again

Perks Of Being A Wallflower

Chasing Amy

LOTR

Let Me In

None of which start strong, ok maybe LOTR does but the rest build

Awards

@psychoscot

It really is hard to get her to invest. At least she doesn't fault me for my likes!

Mine does ....................... Machete being one! LOL! She hated Star Wars too till I asked if shes watched them starting at 1 and she never made it to 4. She started at 4 with me along with Rogue One and is now a SW nut! as anyone that started with Ep 1 would think WTF!

Awards

8 minutes ago, psychoscot said:

Mine does ....................... Machete being one! LOL! She hated Star Wars too till I asked if shes watched them starting at 1 and she never made it to 4. She started at 4 with me along with Rogue One and is now a SW nut! as anyone that started with Ep 1 would think WTF!

Mine wouldn't give Machete the time of day and we live where it was shot!

I like to pretend SW 1-3 don't exist and I really don't want to buy 4-6 until the originals are released (hopefully, now that Disney owns them). I don't mind the clean-up, but a lot of the added CGI characters look terrible.

Mine wouldn't give Machete the time of day and we live where it was shot!

I like to pretend SW 1-3 don't exist and I really don't want to buy 4-6 until the originals are released (hopefully, now that Disney owns them). I don't mind the clean-up, but a lot of the added CGI characters look terrible.

I have the originals on Laserdisc with nothing added, she loves them. I know most of her tastes, so if I say by the end of the film she will love it even if it starts weak she will sit and watch, shes found many films she now loves through me that she would never have watched.

Oh theres only 4 real Star Wars films and Rogue One, anyone says otherwise is either a child or not a proper SW fan!

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
9 hours ago, psychoscot said:

Oh theres only 4 real Star Wars films and Rogue One, anyone says otherwise is either a child or not a proper SW fan!

That is quit a silly comment. I get that many do not love Episodes 1 to 3, but why would someone not be a "proper Fan" if he likes them as well. That would be like when I say everyone that thinks The Force Awakens is a Masterpiece is not a proper Fan, because it through 20+ years of Star Wars history out of the window.  They already told the continuation of Star Wars in books and comics and everything was official until Disney bought Star Wars and thought that would be too complicated, we can't work with that. I don't like that decesion, but I get why they did it and don't think that someone who does not know or cares about that is not a "proper" Star Wars Fan.

I guess, what I want to say is if you like one or the other part of something or the whole you're a fan and the word proper seems to be inappropriate in describing that.

Aside from that, I also was disappointed by Episode 1 it is not a really good Star Wars entry but it is still so much better than most other movies and Episodes 2 & 3 are great Movies at least in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

That is quit a silly comment. I get that many do not love Episodes 1 to 3, but why would someone not be a "proper Fan" if he likes them as well. That would be like when I say everyone that thinks The Force Awakens is a Masterpiece is not a proper Fan, because it through 20+ years of Star Wars history out of the window.  They already told the continuation of Star Wars in books and comics and everything was official until Disney bought Star Wars and thought that would be too complicated, we can't work with that. I don't like that decesion, but I get why they did it and don't think that someone who does not know or cares about that is not a "proper" Star Wars Fan.

I guess, what I want to say is if you like one or the other part of something or the whole you're a fan and the word proper seems to be inappropriate in describing that.

Aside from that, I also was disappointed by Episode 1 it is not a really good Star Wars entry but it is still so much better than most other movies and Episodes 2 & 3 are great Movies at least in my opinion.

Hate those films with every inch of my body, after seeing the original trilogy on release and being fanatical like many I waited a long time for more only to be gutted at the abominations that came. I'll never forgive Lucas. 

Awards

Archived