• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

みなさん、こんばんは!

Sorry for not talking Japanese, and sorry for not talking about movies, but given it's the Japanese Room (similar to the German room), this could actually also be used about general talk, I guess. I had a very bad day today (not too productive at the job, not too productive at home, disappointing damaged package). But right now, I have a little "lift me up". Last month I decided to get to the next level with my Japanese. I learned my Hiragana and Katakana (and forgot most of the Katakana again), I did an audio lecture on important Japanese sentences (supposed for people travelling to Japan) and I did the really great Michelle Thomas audio course (all three of them), plus a little learning on YouTube and with a book, I got. But I somehow felt stagnating, and I wasn't too sure where to go next with this really basic knowledge.

So, last month I thought to myself to start with Kanji. I actually didn't want to learn Kanji and push it off as long as possible, because my main focus is speaking and understanding (so I can watch Japanese movies :D ), but I thought to myself, that a good guide could be to look up what the JLPT would be asking (it's debatable if this learning path is a sensible way to go, but I for myself thought, that if I wanted to see and measure some progress, it would be helpful - I probably won't do them, because I don't need them for nothing I could think of, but there are online tests, of previous years, so I could measure my progress against those).

Now, one week after start learning (with spaced repetition), I just tested all the things I have learned, and also counted them - and I was suprised by myself. Out of 220 Radicals, Kanji and Vocabulary they make up, with the different readings and meanings, as well as writing them myself (another thing - I don't think I'll ever need writing Kanji. Yet, because I learn best if I can write things down, I looked up stroke orders of all the Kanjis and learned writing them as good as possible), I just made 10 mistakes. And those aren't even big ones (e.g. mixed up kun and on reading, or things like しゅ and じゅ or ちゅ。Which, if I ever where to write Furigana on some Kanji might be bad, but given that they are all pretty similar pronounced (at least to my untrained ear of these shu sounds), I can live with that.

Now, even though it was a bad day, I can go to bed proud of myself. :)

おやすみなさい。よくねむる。

photo_2020-06-16_01-29-06.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

For your IMMEDIATE attention my fellow members !

MP is NOT the place to be posting your Political or Religion beliefs or thoughts . 

These types of disscusions just bring in alot of bad vibes which i do not want here at MP.

Anyone posting any form of text, pictures or anything else concerning these 2 topics those topics , posts will be deleted with no comment.

This includes making fun of the current "head honcho" of any and all countries , no matter where or who !  This only ignites fires that we dont want nor need.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter!

Take care

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Masterblaster While I totally agree with this (and would never intentionally do something like that), I still find it a bit strange though, reading it here in the Japanese forum, because in here no one ever did, did they? Why not have it prominently in the announcement thread? (Just a suggestion, without any ill blood or intent).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right heads up everyone last year UHD did wooden versions of dunkirk anyway some EMPTY cases have come up to mp so if you fancy one like i did for around $30 plus shipping. pics below go have a look in gb below. a really cheap way to make you own version up 👍

just in gb listing can ask for a wooden one on its own, no brainer if you ask me :D

edition A

378668870_DunkirkWoodenTypeA1.thumb.jpeg895969066_DunkirkWoodenTypeA2.thumb.jpeg

edition B

1883540918_DunkirkWoodenTypeB1.thumb.jpe

659893502_DunkirkWoodenTypeB2.thumb.jpeg

basil B|

• ★ Administrators ★

Happy Hey You GIF by Denyse®

Did you know that we have launched our own line of MEDIA PSYCHOS PROTECTIVE COVERS (MPC)?

You can find all the info about the differnt sizes here in the MEDIA PSYCHOS PROTECTIVE COVERS area.

Prizes for the different MPC slips will be revealed soon.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, we're happy to have a special giveaway running.

Check out the spoiler tag below for the full details.

Spoiler
15 hours ago, ksosk said:

OUR SPECIAL LAUNCH PROMOTION  

To celebrate the launch of our newest products, MP will be doing a

GROUPBUY GIVEAWAY

☀️

☀️

☀️

WE ARE GIVING OUR MPC PRODUCT FREE

WITH EVERY GB REQUEST FOR

UPCOMING RELEASES FROM RETAILERS!

EVERY REQUEST FOR A SINGLES EDITION WILL AUTOMATICALLY ENTITLE YOU FOR A MPC-FS COVER.

EVERY REQUEST FOR A ONE-CLICK WILL AUTOMATICALLY ENTITLE YOU FOR A MPC-BX COVER.

IN THE EVENT THERE IS NO MPC SUITED FOR THE BOX, YOU WILL BE GIVEN MPC-FS FOR EACH EDITION IN THE BOXSET!

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT YOU NEED TO DO

FOR THIS GIVEAWAY

☀️

☀️

☀️

GROUPBUYS THAT COME WITH THIS GIVEAWAY WILL HAVE THIS BANNER IN THE OP.

Banner.thumb.jpg.23208899ade8a71d86b7ae0caf5ea38e.jpg

HOPE ALL OUR MEMBERS CAN HELP TO PROMOTE OUR MPC SERIES, 

ESPECIALLY ON SOCIAL MEDIA

🙇‍♂️

♥️♥️

Simply

Scott Pilgrim Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Here in our announcement section you can find out which GBs are taking part in this.

We hope to have your support for these beautiful and stylish MEDIA PSYCHOS PROTECTIVE COVERS (MPC).

And are looking forward to your orders when these are available in our store.

And don't forget!

We would appreciate it if everyone could take and share pictures of your items (in our beautiful protective covers) with us here on

Media Psychos and Social Media.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

message from dodgydave regards blufans deadpool 2 Bills

post below

I have some box set tracking already. (You thought I was joking when I said they were shipping  :D)

I’ll deal with them when I can, and pass them to Brody @Count Dantes

Those of you that have still not paid your DL invoice, need to do so very soon. 
Shipping of those start this weekend. 
So I’ll be adding $10 late fees very soon. 

You have been warned !

tenor.gif?itemid=14993722

tenor.giftenor.gif

basil 👍

Edited by Basil
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Guys and Gals just a reminder for those who still do not know or understand .....

The MP Membership cards that have went out the previous weeks are those from the LAST cycle NOT the NEW cycle. 

So it will reflect your membership Tier from that cycle NOT from the new cycle which started 1st Sept.

Due to the Pandemic the cards were distributed alot later then normal and that might be what is causing the misunderstanding. 

Thanks for your support as always and please let other members know who might ask but not read this message ....

Take care 

John

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A note to “all” MP members! :)

image.png.4d9a0492a13473fe4596472964377473.png 

image.gif.310911c9fcb1ec08e9d34b7e623d2aeb.gif

I think this is good a time as any, because I’ve been seeing members lately that maybe need to bone up on MP GB rules & follow some great important info for them here...

Please read & follow these:

Group Buy Rules

Notice of Groupbuy In Update Phase Thread.....

Release News, Beauty Shots, Group Buys & Info

GROUP BUY - News & Infos

• 3 months later...

HDZETA WONDERWOMAN 1984 UPDATE PHASE

MESSAGE FROM DODGYDAVE

There seems to be an awful lot of members in the OP list that have not updated yet. 

Some of those names are long standing members. Some are Tier Members.

Pull your fingers out and update your request please.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Basil

to all members on this list bear in mind people that have not updated in due course MP usually BAN people that have NOT updated and kick them off ALL gbs they are on.

You have now been warned including all newbies

this will be posted in ALL the language rooms to reach as many people as possible

thankyou

basil 👍

image.gif.05b940e00de06165f4f7d04d9d6107

if admins of relevant rooms want to translate please feel free 👍

• 1 month later...

702D3243-151B-4127-9C1A-9C8885AAC1FA.thumb.jpeg.ca2b6c9b912c91fb568b05371a5adefb.jpeg

近々MP内で今年最後の大型セールが行われます。そのセールには先行アクセス権があり、そのアクセス権を入手するには色々な条件があるのですが、今なら1日限定(もう23時間切ったかな?)でアジアメンバーなら誰でも先行アクセス権を入手できるチャンスがあります。

もしセールに興味がありましたら、↓のスレッド内にて先行アクセスでセールに参加したい、セールに興味があるなどといった内容を投稿してください。

Edited by pan
  • Thanks 2