Maverick

What are you reading?

12 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

20181210_154921.jpg

:cool: I thought about gettint the colossal HC of the Busiek run some years ago, but didn't, so when this was announced I passed as well. But I did pre-order the new Marvel Omnibus Editions for Conan and Savage Sword of Conan. I always wanted the original series. Roy Thomas is an awesome writer and the art from that time is simply terrific. I had many of these comic in German Editions so I'm really looking forward to those omnibus editions.

Enjoy 👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

:cool: I thought about gettint the colossal HC of the Busiek run some years ago, but didn't, so when this was announced I passed as well. But I did pre-order the new Marvel Omnibus Editions for Conan and Savage Sword of Conan. I always wanted the original series. Roy Thomas is an awesome writer and the art from that time is simply terrific. I had many of these comic in German Editions so I'm really looking forward to those omnibus editions.

Enjoy 1f44d.png

Got this and Conan The Cimmerian, Missed out on the first Colossal Conan which now is impossible to find under like $300+. But these two books are amazing, not only some amazing new stories but also adapting some of the original conan writings and poems is stunning. Plus the book itself is MASSIVE

• Like 1

Awards

19 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx I hope they will be available for a little while, I might get them later, but first I want to read the old ones 1f60d.png

Sorry my friend, not only are they out of stock and out of print now with a very low print run. Dark Horse no longer owns the rights to Conan. so they will never be printed in this form again. Marvel may print these stories, but marvel never makes these amazing oversized hardcovers so if you see one I recommend you jump on them, they are stunning.

20181210_154916.jpg

• Thanks 1

Awards

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx I actually wondered why Dark Horse would still publish them so close before losing the license, a low Print run explains how that was possible. Damn I should have bought them. It's not like I instantly read all the other stuff I buy, so 2 more wouldn't have made any difference 🤣. Glad you got them, I will have to wait for Marvel.

26 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx I actually wondered why Dark Horse would still publish them so close before losing the license, a low Print run explains how that was possible. Damn I should have bought them. It's not like I instantly read all the other stuff I buy, so 2 more wouldn't have made any difference 🤣. Glad you got them, I will have to wait for Marvel.

I did see them still in stock on amazon.de nit long ago, also I got mine on Amazon.co.uk, usa sold out during preorders, some were even canceled due to lack of copies so I'd check if you are interested. I highly recommend them

Awards

10 hours ago, PRIAPISM said:

Do you recommend them Chad?

I like them, particularly the second as it’s from the other side’s perspective, the investigating agency. The third seems to be pulling the threads together of the expeditions, the agency and the Annihilation event.