IGNORED

What is your highest price steelbook?

This is interesting Thread. But my problem is how and where to evaluate the prices ? IMO ebay is very bad place to do it. People are asking insane prices. Stupid prices. And some are paying them.

Excample : Ebay is for large community, attracts lot's of people. So prices are higher. We have Finnish net auction. Very popular. Has rare items also.

Japanese Batman Begins Steelbook in ebay : €276 + shipping. In Finland €150+shipping. 

So what is the The Real Value of this release ?

591463683b618_dontgetit.gifc200.gif.1289497c27017b394bcbcd3750441dda.gif

Did I take this too seriously. LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Have to agree with @nefilim eBay is a very bad place to gage what is valuable. Last year all the Marvel Blufans were very high in price, this year they have fallen and often go for not much more than above cost in most auctions. Resellers that list them on "buy it now" at high prices relist them again and again as they just aren't selling. There are a few titles though that across the secondary market continue to sell at a very high price and this is one of the most sought after. Under the Skin is pretty much right now the one steel that if I listed it anywhere tomorrow would go for £80+. I've watched auctions on this start for as little as £1.99 and end at £90

DSC_0100.jpg

Another highly prized steel is the FAC of Elektra, very small number made and sells quickly often over £200

DSC_0001_8.jpg

• Like 1

Awards

My most expensive steel was My Blufans Pacific Rim .

Then I discovered something called a One Click :omg::omg: .

To me value is what I think of the meaning of the steel to me .

I have a few that I class as treasure for different reasons . 

One that has a forever home with me is a battered beat up French Deus Ex Himan Revolution Steelbook , just like the games hero Adam Jensen .

Thats the top one in this picture ??.

large.20170331_115641.jpg.bf326ca19f6b3e1df0e365e28cc013a7.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

My most expensive steel was My Blufans Pacific Rim .

Then I discovered something called a One Click :omg::omg: .

To me value is what I think of the meaning of the steel to me .

I have a few that I class as treasure for different reasons . 

One that has a forever home with me is a battered beat up French Deus Ex Himan Revolution Steelbook , just like the games hero Adam Jensen .

Thats the top one in this picture 1f60a.png1f493.png.

large.20170331_115641.jpg.bf326ca19f6b3e1df0e365e28cc013a7.jpg

Blufans Pacific Rim is just awesome :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've only been collecting since Oct 2017 I love the rarer editions way more than the churned out stuff from Zavvi/HMV etc

My highest prices so far are for the Korean Wurple Batman Begins & The Dark Knight which I managed to get for £180/$254. However like most things in life nothing should be valued on what you think it's worth, somethings value is only as much as what someone is willing to pay for it.

I agree, Ebay is a nightmare for serious collectors, people on there are usually asking crazy money and the problem is unwittingly some people are buying at those crazy prices which has a domino effect on other sellers boosting their prices too.

Rog

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, Guiltybyproxy said:

My most valuable is my As Above, So Below FilmArena, as well as my grail. However, coming soon will end up being my Fight Club Manta lab set. 

Same boat as you. As Above So Below FA. Personal grail (I absolutely friggin love the movie and I watch it a lot) and holy grail to many!

I don't know how to pick to be honest.  

Highest market value probably FAC Elektra. 

But I paid more for that original large White Godfather set in the picture under the Terminator Maniac box, Blade Runner set and Sucker Punch. 

Firday 13th tin and Matrix set with statue were also very expensive. 

IMG_20180417_142236_01.jpg

IMG_20180329_183825.jpg

IMG_20180219_123513.jpg

IMG_20180202_131157.jpg

CameraZOOM-20171122023001707.jpg

IMG_20180303_203433.jpg

IMG_20180303_203507.jpg

IMG_20180131_123040.jpg

IMG_20180131_122942.jpg

Edited by Kingpin
  • Like 1