IGNORED

Spider-Man : Homecoming (2017)

nefilim

On 27.5.2017 at 2:59 AM, Pbsw23 said:

Guess what... ALL films are made to make money.

Hollywood is all about money. But in many countries there are systems that help indie and art films and directors that are not supposed to be profit but are seen imporant in anohter ways. For excample in France that system works brilliantly.

On 27/05/2017 at 11:36 PM, Pbsw23 said:

Oh cheer up FFS. Wishing for a "massive failure" when you're supposed to be film fans. Why start a thread and then rain on it. Pointless. 

I Hope it's Awesome. Why? Because I'm a Movie fan. Never watched a film and hoped that its bad in my life.

Been a die hard Spidey fan for over 35 year, but I cannot support this film or Marvels choice with Holland. I detested him in Civil War, so yes as someone who supports a character being done right on the big screen I do hope this film flops "It won't" That has nothing to do with being a film fan. I support the medium done right, not the medium just done for the sake of it.

Awards

1 hour ago, psychoscot said:

Been a die hard Spidey fan for over 35 year, but I cannot support this film or Marvels choice with Holland. I detested him in Civil War, so yes as someone who supports a character being done right on the big screen I do hope this film flops "It won't" That has nothing to do with being a film fan. I support the medium done right, not the medium just done for the sake of it.

Dude, I find that Amazing?! I mean, each to their own & I value oposing opinions etc, but why do you "detest" Holland as Spidey? I too have been a die hard Spidey fan for over 30 years, but for me Holland was Perfect! I guess it's down to how you read a comic, or portray the voice/character in your head etc, in much the same way people can read a text and take it the wrong way.

I honestly & firmly believe Hollands portrayal is head & shoulders above Maguire's & Garfield's. All 3 have done a decent job, but Holland plays the "Cheeky Kid" which Parker always was perfectly. And this is just from a cameo too date. 

12 hours ago, nefilim said:

Hollywood is all about money. But in many countries there are systems that help indie and art films and directors that are not supposed to be profit but are seen imporant in anohter ways. For excample in France that system works brilliantly.

Completely understand what you are saying Nef, and yes you are right. But we are talking about a Marvel movie here. No different to a DC, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Bond or Fast & Furious movie. It's a franchise and it's created to put bums on seats & make money. It's as simple & straight forward as that.

No point in hating or wishing ill of it. Especially if you're a fan of the franchise? Also it's not as if they've made it all up or thrown it together. The beauty of the Marvel/DC movies, is that the story lines have been in existence for decades. It's not a new writer hashing it all up.

17 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I guess it's down to how you read a comic, or portray the voice/character in your head etc, in much the same way people can read a text and take it the wrong way.

Very true mate. For me the period that I really collected on mass books wise, were the early 80's through to the McFarlane books of the 90's and onwards. So for me Garfield completely captures the Parker of that Period right down to basically looking exactly like what most artists were and are still drawing. You are 100% correct, everyone has an image in their head of what a character like this will look and sound like. For me Garfield was 99.9% spot on. Tobey 10%, Holland I'm affraid 0%. Garfiield also played it cheeky with many great one liners when suited up. I thank Raimi for bringing him to the screen and for the first time seeing him thanks to special effects in action, but I can't forgive the casting, especially Mary Jane who is after the 80's an absolute red headed bomb shell out of the league of everyone and they cast DUNST! Shes a good actress, but shes not a model and Mary Jane for me basically has to be borderline Jessica Rabbit in looks and figure. Garfield for me won't be beaten, his films weren't stunning although I do appreciate the visual aspects and sound of the second one as it really did match the 90's McFarlane style and is very stylish to watch. Emma Stone NAILED Gwen and you could hear a pin drop in the cinema when that scene comes round. She like Garfield is everything I wanted in Gwen Stacy. With Marvel getting Holland in, I can now see them getting every other character that I want to see wrong too! There was early talk of Mary Jane being made African American just to be PC, but I think they dropped that and thank God they did.

We All have our visions of fictional characters from the page and how we want to see them on screen, for me Holland just isn't it, hence I can't support Marvels choice and I do hope its not a roaring success because he is a big enough character that he could be recast again, which is what I hope happens.?

Awards

• 4 weeks later...

Well for those interested,

The good news for those looking forward to this film is the reviews are starting to come in from all the big hitters like Empire and the major movie review media "Sorry blogs are worthless" and its 4 out 5 or 5 outa 5 with most praising it. This "should" be a MASSIVE hit.

The bad news for those not looking forward to this, is the major critics love it and its now bound to be a big hit.

Awards

9 hours ago, psychoscot said:

Well for those interested,

The good news for those looking forward to this film is the reviews are starting to come in from all the big hitters like Empire and the major movie review media "Sorry blogs are worthless" and its 4 out 5 or 5 outa 5 with most praising it. This "should" be a MASSIVE hit.

The bad news for those not looking forward to this, is the major critics love it and its now bound to be a big hit.

Was about write the same. Well good reviews do not mean hit.

5 minutes ago, psychoscot said:

True, but it's Marvel and it's Spider-Man lol it will be. Expected opening weekend gross is sky high. The Marvel fanboys have been waiting for this since Iron Man came out. They alone will see it into good profits

59565631ed3a9_shrug6_zps395270b1.gifc200.gif.1c07500d0796960cd3f38a6ab9047f25.gif

Well, watched this on an early morning staff only screening and I have to admit I can see why it's getting a lot of praise. It's a good film, it's well made, funny, great cast"mostly" and shys away from earlier films in its tone completely. Still not sold on Holland but he's adequately likeable in the role. It's definitely a lot better than the trailers suggest. 

It's definitely found a unique angle to bring Parker in, "What would it be like for a kid to grow up in an Avengers filled New York" 4/5 

Awards

6 minutes ago, psychoscot said:

Well, watched this on an early morning staff only screening and I have to admit I can see why it's getting a lot of praise. It's a good film, it's well made, funny, great cast"mostly" and shys away from earlier films in its tone completely. Still not sold on Holland but he's adequately likeable in the role. It's definitely a lot better than the trailers suggest. 

It's definitely found a unique angle to bring Parker in, "What would it be like for a kid to grow up in an Avengers filled New York" 4/5 

00000.jpg.1e47a63e3134986ae86e2e6acf1062da.jpg

Spider-Man: Homecoming 2

Speaking with the Toronto Sun, Kevin Feige revealed Marvel is looking at a “five-movie storyline” for Tom Holland’s Spider-Man.

We are looking at a five-movie storyline — Civil War, Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, untitled Avengers, Homecoming 2 — or whatever we end up calling it — as an amazing five-story journey for Peter Parker. In the way that the events of Civil War directly inform the opening of Homecoming and his state of mind as he goes back to high school, so too will the events of the next two Avengers movies as he continues with high school. This original 22-movie arc ends with the untitled Avengers in May of 2019 and then two months later it will be Peter and Spider-Man that usher us into the aftermath and how things proceed from there.

Archived