IGNORED

Cypheria’s new arrivals !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wow: What wonderfully bizarre (but very cool) pick-ups @cypheria078 !

Very happy for you my friend! 🥰

That Kimchi: Monsters Inc looks suitably impressive.

Assault and Terrifier I have on order (have had for some time) so it's just the waiting game at this point.

Eventually they'll arrive, heh.

Congratulations buddy!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a 4 minutes, Grendel a dit :

:wow: What wonderfully bizarre (but very cool) pick-ups @cypheria078 !

Very happy for you my friend! 🥰

That Kimchi: Monsters Inc looks suitably impressive.

Assault and Terrifier I have on order (have had for some time) so it's just the waiting game at this point.

Eventually they'll arrive, heh.

Congratulations buddy!

3 movies with 3 different genres, I know it seems bizarre. 
I’m not a horror movie fan, but I bought terrifier because it’s an exclusive Steelbook from the CM exclusive line and I could’t imagine getting The Goonies with an incomplete line 🤪

• Like 2

^^ Once again, you've managed to track down some very unique and beautiful releases my friend @cypheria078 🤩

I'm quite fond of that MLIFE Minority Report, and the WCL 12 Grumpy Old Men and Fargo, you betcha...

Seeing your Steel of Angel Heart made me once again check on my Zavvi order for it.

It says 'dispatched' but not when. Hopefully it shows soon. 🙂

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
Il y a 5 heures, Grendel a dit :

^^ Once again, you've managed to track down some very unique and beautiful releases my friend @cypheria078 🤩

I'm quite fond of that MLIFE Minority Report, and the WCL 12 Grumpy Old Men and Fargo, you betcha...

Seeing your Steel of Angel Heart made me once again check on my Zavvi order for it.

It says 'dispatched' but not when. Hopefully it shows soon. 🙂

I'm still waiting for some nice releases to complete my collection, hard to find for a fair price, but I didi it 😉

I'm looking for some old diskino's releases but prices are too crazy for me, so I hope a new release from other retailers as It will be done for Beetlejuice 😉

• Like 2

Just now, cypheria078 said:

I'm still waiting for some nice releases to complete my collection, hard to find for a fair price, but I didi it 😉

I'm looking for some old diskino's releases but prices are too crazy for me, so I hope a new release from other retailers as It will be done for Beetlejuice 😉

Heh, trying to decipher your semi-cryptic notice there buddy, I hope you're not referring to those FACs we discussed a while ago?

Those are still a bit pricey for value but then, value is always relative, isn't it? 🙂

Indeed, that Beetlejuice announcement caught me a bit off-guard but should prove interesting.

Now, obviously when we find ourselves double and triple dipping, unless it's an upgrade, we're doing it for the art.

Something that is increasingly more difficult to pigeon-hole, as to what impresses us most.

Yes, there's some shows I've purchased over ten release versions of and I know there's many on here whom have done the same.

Will I forever keep ten different versions?

Probably not but I'm not in any hurry to put them up for sale, either.

As @Veum is fond of saying, "I'm a collector, so I collect..." is a mind-set I find myself quite sympathetic to.

And so for now, I have my 5 Aquamans or 15 Blade Runners or even 8 copies of Gladiator to ogle and admire and I'm happy with that.

For now...🥰

p.s. nice of ya to help a fellow collector there @larson1977, good on ya buddy! 🤭

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Heh, trying to decipher your semi-cryptic notice there buddy, I hope you're not referring to those FACs we discussed a while ago?

Those are still a bit pricey for value but then, value is always relative, isn't it? 🙂

Indeed, that Beetlejuice announcement caught me a bit off-guard but should prove interesting.

Now, obviously when we find ourselves double and triple dipping, unless it's an upgrade, we're doing it for the art.

Something that is increasingly more difficult to pigeon-hole, as to what impresses us most.

Yes, there's some shows I've purchased over ten release versions of and I know there's many on here whom have done the same.

Will I forever keep ten different versions?

Probably not but I'm not in any hurry to put them up for sale, either.

As @Veum is fond of saying, "I'm a collector, so I collect..." is a mind-set I find myself quite sympathetic to.

And so for now, I have my 5 Aquamans or 15 Blade Runners or even 8 copies of Gladiator to ogle and admire and I'm happy with that.

For now...🥰

p.s. nice of ya to help a fellow collector there @larson1977, good on ya buddy! 🤭

Hey @Grendel,

I need your assistance w/your superior knowledge compared to me hehe 😉, are there any books out there on The Dark Knight that are not comic in nature on their pages but are a serious novel (not graphic novel) on the story of the Dark Knight. You know like the novels of say Dark Shadows by Marilyn Ross

Dark Shadows the Complete Paperback Library Reprint Volume 1

Dark Shadows the Complete Paperback Library Reprint Volume 1

I also would love to find/that they would make different Premium versions of  The Dark Knight as it is my favorite Batman story... Heath Ledger is superb as well as Christian Bale, Gary Oldman,  Michael Caine & Aaron Elkhart.
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a 18 minutes, Grendel a dit :

I hope you're not referring to those FACs we discussed a while ago?

Don't worry, I don't referring to those we talked about 😉

I'm just waiting releases I bought before the lockdown through my german channel 

The 4 FAC releases missing are too pricey yet, as you know, I have to wait July now before spending too much money, but I keep an eye on good opportunities 😉

About double ou triple dipping, it's not a problem for me, I own a lot of releases from different retailers for the same movies and I keep them all (7 Venom, 9 Gladiator, 6 Wonder Woman..)

• Like 3

Hi @Veum ;

There's a significant amount of materials written and released on Batman: The Dark Knight and I could fill a thread with some of the offerings, heh.

Suffice it to say, that even if you should pull up Amazon.com and peruse "The Dark Knight" under "Books" (vice Films) you can quickly become overwhelmed buddy.

But, that is the first place I recommend you searching. 🙂

Now with all that said.

One of the most influential books written of Bats in the past 30 years would be  Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns", as it is essentially the renaissance for when Bats once again, turned "Dark".

It is a 'graphic novel' but I think most would say, if you like your Nolan Bats, this is where he came from and certainly worth owning in your fan collection.

There's other key moments in the Bats universe of course;

- The Breaking of The Batman

- The Killing Joke (death of Robin)

- Batman Ninja (surprisingly well done!)

- The Red Hood saga

- and many more.

Note; it's difficult to pinpoint non-animated story-lines simply because Bats was born and thrives in a visual medium... but they do exist.

Regardless, the ones I've highlighted are perhaps considered by some as KEY story arcs for the current generation.

Cruise around my friend. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Veum ;

There's a significant amount of materials written and released on Batman: The Dark Knight and I could fill a thread with some of the offerings, heh.

Suffice it to say, that even if you should pull up Amazon.com and peruse "The Dark Knight" under "Books" (vice Films) you can quickly become overwhelmed buddy.

But, that is the first place I recommend you searching. 🙂

Now with all that said.

One of the most influential books written of Bats in the past 30 years would be  Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns", as it is essentially the renaissance for when Bats once again, turned "Dark".

It is a 'graphic novel' but I think most would say, if you like your Nolan Bats, this is where he came from and certainly worth owning in your fan collection.

There's other key moments in the Bats universe of course;

- The Breaking of The Batman

- The Killing Joke (death of Robin)

- Batman Ninja (surprisingly well done!)

- The Red Hood saga

- and many more.

Note; it's difficult to pinpoint non-animated story-lines simply because Bats was born and thrives in a visual medium... but they do exist.

Regardless, the ones I've highlighted are perhaps considered by some as KEY story arcs.

Cruise around my friend. 🙂

You just do not want to make it simple for me do you 😂... you want me to use what little brain cells I have left to search don’t you mouhahaha

Alright, I’ll go search but I’ll get you my pretty & your little dog too hehe

very funny lol GIF

• Haha 1

^^ I gave ya some of the best titles out there to begin with buddy.

I don't think your efforts will be too tedious... 😉

edit: oh, now if ya want the true blood on Bats, @extantsrevenge is a hard-core groupie and could probably detail exactly what editions of what books to pursue. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 1

^^ More absolutely gorgeous new pick-ups @cypheria078 ! 🤩

That HDZ T-1 box is a beautiful collector piece, to be sure!

I have the lenti from that set and the FS Black Barons ed, as I was still too intimidated by the price of 1-clicks when this came out...🙄

Regardless, very happy for you!

You should be coming close to completion of your Terminator sets my friend.

Hope to see a pic of them all together when opportunity permits! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a 8 minutes, Grendel a dit :

^^ More absolutely gorgeous new pick-ups @cypheria078 ! 🤩

That HDZ T-1 box is a beautiful collector piece, to be sure!

I have the lenti from that set and the FS Black Barons ed, as I was still too intimidated by the price of 1-clicks when this came out...🙄

Regardless, very happy for you!

You should be coming close to completion of your Terminator sets my friend.

Hope to see a pic of them all together when opportunity permits! 😀

Thanks my friend, a terrible hunt to find it and I have sweat a lot because it was sent 3 months ago 😓

I still looking for the T3 boxset, the last one and my boxset collection is complete 😬

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a 6 minutes, Grendel a dit :

^^ Thanks for your reply buddy.

Do you have a lead on the HDZ T-3 box or would you like me to keep an eye out for it?  🙂

I have no lead yet, I requested to all my channels without success. If you find it, you will be my hero 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1