IGNORED

A Bittersweet Life [BUDBLU Exclusive BBE #001] (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

MP GROUP BUY HERE

A Bittersweet Life [BUDBLU Exclusive BBE #001] (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

Release date: 13th September 2018. 
Pre order Date : 2018, Aug, 10th, Friday at (PM 2:00 Korean Time)
Purchase link: Type A Type B
Price: USD 39
Note:
Total Print Run : 4,2000 copies
STEELBOOK Full Slip A-Type : (2,100 Copies)
STEELBOOK Full Slip B-Type : (2,100 Copies)

A-Bittersweet-Life-A.thumb.JPG.adb1ce21edd09c90df71707b167243df.JPG

A-Bittersweet-Life-B.thumb.jpg.b78da47cd946bf6578e7b65b7eb9c622.jpg

Edition Specifications for both Type A & B:

FULL SLIP (A-Type) Limited 2,100 Copies STEELBOOK, (Director's cut Version)

BLU-RAY 1 DISC, 40P BOOKLET, SCENARIO BOOK, 5 PHOTO CARDS, 5 CHARACTER CARDS, LIMITED NUMBERING ID CARD.

※40 Pages Booklet and Scenario Book in Korean and English.

• Region code :(ALL)
  • Aspect Ratio :Widescreen [2.35 : 1]
  • Running time :120 minutes
  • Audio :5.1 DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO
  • Language :Korean
  • Movie Subtitles :English, Korean, Japanese, (Off)
  • Commentary :Korean
  • Commentary-1 :(Subtitles) English, Korean, Off | (Commentary-1 with Director and Actors)
  • Commentary-2 :(Subtitles) None (Commentary-2 with Director and Cinematographer, Art director)
  • Commentary-3 :(Subtitles) None (Commentary-3 with Director and a film critic)
  •  
  • Extras (176 mins) :Making of A Bittersweet Life (25 : 36), Style of A Bittersweet Life (68 : 36 mins) : Art, Music, Sound, Action, Gun Smith, Special Art, CG
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (23 : 28), A Bittersweet Life in Cannes (30 : 22) Sweet Sleep(03 : 32)
  • EPK (26 : 48) : Music Video, Soundtrack Videos, Teaser, Trailer, TV Spot
  • Extras Language :Korean
  • Extras Subtitles :English, Korean, Off
  •  
  • Making Commentary :(Subtitles) English, Korean, Off | (Making of A Bittersweet Life : Commentary OFF)
  • Making Commentary 1 :(Subtitles) English, Korean, Off | (Making of A Bittersweet Life Commentary-1 with Director)
  • Making Commentary 2 :(Subtitles) English, Korean, Off | (Making of A Bittersweet Life Commentary-2 with Crew's)
  •  
  • Deleted Commentary :(Subtitles) English, Korean, Off | (Deleted and Alternate Scenes Commentary with Director)

English subtitles are provided for the extras and commentary-1 from the Steelbook version of Budblu.

Please note that the English subtitles may seem mistranslated in some parts due to the unclear voices, but we did our best to express these situations through context. We especially tried to eliminate repetitive words such as pronouns, conjunctions, determiners, etc. as well as fix some of the parts where the actors or director may have misspoken.

Release announcement:

Dear valued customer,

Here is your BUDBLU (BBE) #001 EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK Pre-order information.
"A Bittersweet Life", is a Korean noir a film masterpiece directed by Kim Jee-woon.

■TITLES : A Bittersweet Life (2005)
■Director : Kim Jee-woon
■Staring : Lee Byung-hun, Kim Young-chul, Hwang Jung-min
PRE-ORDER date : 2018, Aug, 10th, Friday at (PM 2:00 Korean Time)

■Release date: 2018, Aug 30th

25b6.pngSTEELBOOK Full Slip A-Type : (2,100 Copies), at $US 39.00
25b6.pngSTEELBOOK Full Slip B-Type : (2,100 Copies), at $US 39.00
※TOTAL : 4,200 Copies

The item contains:
- (Illustration Design) Full Slip Case
- Exclusive Steelbook
- 1 Blu-ray Disc
- (Korean & English) 40P Booklet
- (Korean & English) Scenario Book
- 5 Character Cards & 5 Photo Cards
- Limited Edition Numbering Card

Thanks for stopping by and tell your friends.
-The Budblu team

• extantsrevenge changed the title to A Bittersweet Life [BUDBLU Exclusive BBE #001] (WWA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]
  • ksosk changed the title to A Bittersweet Life [BUDBLU Exclusive BBE #001] (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]
  • ★ Administrators ★

A Bittersweet Life was a ground-breaking Korean film during the period when Korea media and entertainment was receiving huge attention.

I remember it being very stylised and artistic. Most scenes were framed with careful planning and the linear story captivating.

I am very glad this film receives a surprise exclusive treatment. Regardless whether you like the packaging, I feel it is a really great film to have in

a collection. Split between the two rather similar covers, but went for Type B in the end as I hope it will come with some great texture in the final product!

Just hope to introduce you guys to this great film =)

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@ksosk I also went for Slip B, since it is different to the Steelbook Art. The Director Jee-woon Kim also made I Saw the Devil, The Age of Shadows, both excellent Korean Movies. He made The Last Stand with Arnold Schwarzenegger as well ? and is responsible for the Live Action adaptation of Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade to be released this year. He is quite good and so is this movie. Some time since I saw it, but I love that we get a release for an older Korean Film in Premium Format. I hope someone will also make The Man from Nowhere and Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War as well.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@ksosk I also went for Slip B, since it is different to the Steelbook Art. The Director Jee-woon Kim also made I Saw the Devil, The Age of Shadows, both excellent Korean Movies. He made The Last Stand with Arnold Schwarzenegger as well 1f60a.png and is responsible for the Live Action adaptation of Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade to be released this year. He is quite good and so is this movie. Some time since I saw it, but I love that we get a release for an older Korean Film in Premium Format. I hope someone will also make The Man from Nowhere and Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War as well.

Wow. You managed to squeeze so many movie titles in that one short paragraph!! Haha.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for posting @ksosk. :wow: these are ultra thick, from the pictures I think I made the right choice, Full-Slip B looks very cool and it looks like A has no Embossing.

..... wait a minute. The finish to A looks very interesting ?, now I get why you changed to 1-Click @ksosk ?

• Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★

From BudBlu:

Dear our valued customer,

Thank you VERY much for ordering "A BITTERSWEET LIFE" Steelbook from Budblu.
We're REALLY sorry to inform you delay the release information.

The release date has to delay by (Sep, 13th) instead Aug, 30th that reason we got a final sample on last week, but there are a couple of things have to improve and it requires extra between 1-2 weeks for final completed.
We're sorry again for any delay and inconvenience with your order. Please accept our most sincere apology, and kindest regards,

The Budblu team

P.S : We attached some of the sample pictures.

And, we get some extension for GB too ?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...