IGNORED

Dunkirk (2017)

nefilim

Director : Christopher Nolan

Cast : Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Mark Rylance

Plot : Evacuation of Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire, Canada, and France, who were cut off and surrounded by the German army from the beaches and harbor of Dunkirk, France, between May 26- June 04, 1940, during Battle of France in World War II.

1.thumb.jpg.99e0bcbac54389871434ef7de066c7f8.jpg

HD_TRAILER

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got back from seeing Dunkirk about half an hr ago . No Spoilers I promise. 

Not a lot of Dialogue it did not need it .

FAR more brutal Than Saving Private Ryan as in the suspense that the wait for rescue and being fish in a barrel .

Only thing I could pull it for is a few lines of dialogue where swamped by music.

The chronological order was a bit eeerrr as the switching from day to night and how that interacted with the story .

VERY Good ??.

Enjoyed War For The Planet Of The Apes more ?

11 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Got back from seeing Dunkirk about half an hr ago . No Spoilers I promise. 

Not a lot of Dialogue it did not need it .

FAR more brutal Than Saving Private Ryan as in the suspense that the wait for rescue and being fish in a barrel .

Only thing I could pull it for is a few lines of dialogue where swamped by music.

The chronological order was a bit eeerrr as the switching from day to night and how that interacted with the story .

VERY Good 1f49e.png1f44d.png.

Enjoyed War For The Planet Of The Apes more 1f60a.png

Thx Ann !

Wanna see this soooo much !

3 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Kids and me took my Mum thire Grandma. She LIVED through it and said the MOST REALISTIC Movie of the events  EVER .

Comments like that makes me wanna see it even more. And hats off to Nolan !

When I was in Greece few years back for 4 weeks I met elderly English couple who lived thru WWII years. I sat with them many evenings and we chatted about those times. They were so nice. And shared their memories of times I've not experienced. I have warm memories of them !

• 1 month later...

This is a remake of Dunkirk (1958) although it as been Nolan'd up.

I live in Weymouth, Dorset and some of the scenes were filmed behind my home, on the harbour and in the house behind me.

Last year in July I watched them setting up the harbour, this took them a week to do as besides the usual props etc they gritted the road, pulled up street lighting, had the local residents move all their cars from not only the scenes areas but front of my home for their equipment trucks, oh, and even the lifeboat had to move from it's mooring.

They then spent a further week filming various scenes and I when I could escape work I took these and many more pics from the rear back windows of my home (and I borrowed a neighbours window) and some on the front of my home.

Hope you enjoy them, thanks Graham.

IMG_3156 (2).jpg

IMG_3157.JPG

IMG_3159.JPG

IMG_3160.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3263b.jpg

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

IMG_3325.JPG

IMG_3354b.jpg

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3507.JPG

That must have been pretty cool (if inconvenient) to behold. Prop scenery's funny; I recall when I lived in San Francisco and they were filming The Pursuit of Happines in my neighborhood. For some reason they had made small versions of 70s vehicles (I would say like 2/3 scale) along with miniature parking meters to line the streets. I didn't quite get why they didn't just get real cars; but then Hollywood spares no expense! Maybe Will Smith is incredibly short and would have looked funny next to real cars. ?

AMAZING That close to the filming ??.

Get in here and look up 

@mr_wick @thomue1987 @sepultura007 @PRIAPISM @nefilim @Sicksol @psychoscot @Pbsw23 @atomicblonde @HAITHAM @Luvsteels @hdblueman @boobymcgee @Cymon @Pfeffer

@Darogal @howarmat @extantsrevenge @dafro77 @Hatori  @C.C. 95???

Any thanks to delped  PLEASE THANKS Gang ??

Archived