IGNORED

Studio Ghibli Ultimate Blu-ray Steelbook Guide

extantsrevenge

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Grendel and @mjk see my new arrival here 😀

howls moving castle howl GIF

simply had to try and the good news is the first SB arrived in great condition, so the next one is one the way, I hope that also comes without any damage

GIF by Ghibli Fest 2017

I'm glad you jumped on it😁😁 the newer ones are also very nice in hand. I'm glad it arrived safely hopefully they all do 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel @mjk got my Nausicaä SB today, sadly my luck ran already out. 1 micro dent on the front (which would not have bothered me much), but also a bigger dent on the front and one dented corner at the bottom spine side 😭.

Now I have to think about this again. Do I try one more time with the third title, or do I stop now 😪

• Sad 4

• ★ Administrators ★
14 hours ago, mjk said:

@extantsrevenge they announced *Spirited away and *Castle in the sky. 

hayao miyazaki goliath GIF by mannyjammy

Fantastic News 😍

8 hours ago, Grendel said:

I suppose it's part of what makes this hobby as frustrating as it is, sometimes @extantsrevenge🙁

I'd suggest continuing your efforts buddy, as you will often be second guessing yourself if you don't, heh.

I of course, wish you the very best of luck with the others!

Yes, I will try again. I ordered Ponyo now, hope that arrives without problems. Can't give up already, I mean it is Ghibli 😍. Most likely will order a second Nausicaä at a later point.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Just letting people know there are 1000 copies of the Howl's Moving Castle 15th anniversary Collector's Edition Bluray available from amazon.co.uk for £75 which I'm hopefully getting. I got the previous 2 (Kiki's Delivery Service-still available & My Neighbor Totoro-which I have seen on ebay for an expensive price no longer on Amazon I think) any news on ocean Waves steelbook? I wonder if they'll release it before the new cgi studio ghibli movie gets a steelbook?! Also is it possible for the tag on these pages to be "studio ghibli" not "studi ghibli" as it is difficult to find otherwise.

Edited by Daniel_DOA4
Forgot to write something

• ★ Administrators ★

So I finally updated the guide with US Steelbooks for The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart, I also added the 3rd Ghibli Movie Earwig and the Witch which is getting a Steelbook release in the US

Strangely the OP had missing pictures, I added them all back, hope they don't vanish again.

What I think about that you can read in my comment on that topic ☹️

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ghiblish

Hi, 
I'm a huge Ghibli fan and have been collecting the steelbooks (UK) for a while now, but still have been unable to get the Princess Mononoke one. I've checked eBay but they are extortionately priced.
I'm aware they are also released in Australia and playable in the UK (as they are Region B), and have seen it as available on JB HIFI, but they do not ship overseas.
Is anyone able to help me in my quest to obtain the last mainline (hayao) bluray? I've only been collecting the Hayao Miyazaki ones, and it's not for the true "collector" or for resale purposes, I just want to have all of my favourites in one place.
Thanks and sorry for the confusing message.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Need some advice -  I have all of the 22 Studiocanal steelbooks.  I also have the 15 Disney (US) Studio Ghibli BR/DVD amarays +  Poppy Hill from GKids and Grave of the Fireflies from Sentai.  Unfortunately my shelf space is running low so I'm looking to sell off the US versions.  I do have a region-free player so keeping the UK releases is not an issue, but I'm actually considering swapping in the US versions into the steelbooks.

That being said, I read in another forum that the UK releases are better from an extras perspective and that the PQ between both doesn't differ by much.  Personally I'm not too picky on the PQ and I tend to watch with the English dubs.   Am I best to hold on to the UK discs instead?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
On 10/2/2021 at 7:38 PM, ajdornier said:

Need some advice -  I have all of the 22 Studiocanal steelbooks.  I also have the 15 Disney (US) Studio Ghibli BR/DVD amarays +  Poppy Hill from GKids and Grave of the Fireflies from Sentai.  Unfortunately my shelf space is running low so I'm looking to sell off the US versions.  I do have a region-free player so keeping the UK releases is not an issue, but I'm actually considering swapping in the US versions into the steelbooks.

That being said, I read in another forum that the UK releases are better from an extras perspective and that the PQ between both doesn't differ by much.  Personally I'm not too picky on the PQ and I tend to watch with the English dubs.   Am I best to hold on to the UK discs instead?

Thanks in advance!

I would keep the original items intact. Swapping anything is not for me, it will also give you no advantage to do so if you can play other regions. You will also not get anything for the US Versions with UK discs in them, so I would not change that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I would keep the original items intact. Swapping anything is not for me, it will also give you no advantage to do so if you can play other regions. You will also not get anything for the US Versions with UK discs in them, so I would not change that.

Thanks, will I lose out on any bonus features if I let the US versions go?

• Like 2