IGNORED

Blade Runner 2049

nefilim

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nefilim said:

I watched it second time and felt it was a little better. * 1/2 stars outta 5 -> ** 1/2 stars outta 5

But man it has flaws and is irratating at times.

I just watched it for what it was and enjoyed it ..... I like ALL the Alien films cos I love the franchise ............yes it has its flaws but don't most films ........... after all its only a movie and not to be taken literally.................Its entertainment.....why be super critical.........

11 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

I just watched it for what it was and enjoyed it ..... I like ALL the Alien films cos I love the franchise ............yes it has its flaws but don't most films ........... after all its only a movie and not to be taken literally.................Its entertainment.....why be super critical.........

I have to admit, I liked it for the most part. My main gripe is that I hated Katherine Waterston in it as Daniels. I've liked her fine in other things, but she was totally miscast here. Her doe-eyed mousiness just didn't fit the role at all. Kind of a shame she's so prominent in the otherwise awesome Manta steel. I did rewatch Prometheus after viewing this and have to say, it's a much better made film; which so guess isn't saying a whole lot.

@nefilim

I didn't have problem with cast. But the slipping and sliding and blowing up the landigng vehicle was...meh. Then the time in David's asylym. OMG. Dead crew member and David trusting alien and still captain trusts him. Who/what did lay those eggs ?

Why was the Davids ship crash landed when he was able to bomb the city ?

Etc ...

ARg !

What happened in the 30 years between the Blade Runner films?

Ahead of October’s Blade Runner 2049, director Denis Villeneuve has enlisted the help of other filmmakers to direct three prequel shorts that will be set between the events of the original Blade Runner and his sequel. The first one, directed by Luke Scott, has arrived.

The short, titled 2036: Nexus Dawn, takes place in the year 2036, and centers on Jared Leto’s character, Niander Wallace. In the short, Wallace introduces a new line of “perfected” replicants called the Nexus 9, seeking to get the 2023 prohibition on replicants repealed. You can watch it below.

NexusDawn

Just now, 45Caliber said:

Will need to check it out later. If those shorts aren't included in the various editions, heads will roll! (to the degree that I'm actually able to roll heads).

Agree. But as these are approved by Denis Villeneuve they will be. Or ... I'm with on head rolling. LOL.

It does look really good from the extended trailers I watched and I think if anyone's capable of replicating ? the tonality of the original, it's Villeneuv. My only reservation, at this point, is that the image is so clean that it immediately distances itself from the gritty, filmic quality of BR with its dense grain.

6 hours ago, nefilim said:

NexusDawn ?

How was T2 3D

No the international trailer for 2049, looks pretty good. I'll be avoiding all other content till I see the film, I hate add ons and extended trailers, I like to see just one and then see the film.Films get ruined now for me by excess trailers and promotions. I prefer to go in knowing basicaly nothing.

T2 3D was STUNNING! I wonder if Cameron knew back then he would basically invent the 3D tech we now use for films as T2 lends itself perfectly to it and in terms of effects hasn't aged one bit, absolutely brilliant in 3D and still one of the greatest films ever made

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

Archived