IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

13 hours ago, deckard99 said:

OMG you bought an edition with a misspelled title?! 😱 The “g” in daughter is missing. This reminds me of another recent release with a slight punctuation issue. I hope you demanded a reprinted replacement edition from the retailer. 🤣🤣

Yeah, I noticed that when I opened the box. 😀

On the cover of the Mediabook it is also misspelled.

Alas, It is what it is and I'm over it, heh.

At least it wasn't as expensive as the UHD "Forest Gum" I purchased! 😉

I did at least luck in to a low number, 81/666.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a few lovely treasures today I thought worth mentioning;

- Room 1408 (CE) (gorgeous window box!, from amz.de)

- Sin City Ultimate CE box (A Dame to Kill for in 3D, lots of goodies inside, including 2 beautiful posters!)

- Venom (Amazon.ca excl little red book edition)

- Farewell My Concubine (Nova SE ed)

- Black Robe (amz.de, VERY hard to find in NA!)

- Piranha (Steel, Joe Dante's original)

- Suspiria (Nova, orig. I already have 3 releases but LOVE this cover!)

🤗

image.thumb.jpeg.7a830728308d3c8a789e62eeffa86edc.jpeg

• Like 10

• ★ Administrators ★

That's a nice looking Box Set from Blufans  @Robertm89

Your point about Blufans is probably valid, but there are two main reasons why Blufans sit at the top of the Marvel tree for collectors.

They have been supplying Marvel consistently from the beginning. Not just a title here and there. So collectors have been happy to keep collecting Marvel titles from them.

More collectors/dealers have started to collect Blufans Marvel from GBs like ours, because they are very expensive on the secondary market.

Driven by the limited quantities that they are released in, prices rise very quickly. A Dr Strange Box Set selling for over £500 on eBay, shows you that there is plenty of desire out there for Blufans Marvel, whether it is for profit, or just to collect.

Hence more and more people are trying to join GBs and thus driving the "desirability" through the roof. Vicious circle ! ;)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

A Dr Strange Box Set selling for over £500 on eBay, shows you that there is plenty of desire out there for Blufans Marvel, whether it is for profit, or just to collect.

Those are the people I can't stand. But I can see why they do it. I just couldn't. 

Did you get a chance to message blu-fans about my box or been to busy @DodgyDave?? 

2 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Those are the people I can't stand. But I can see why they do it. I just couldn't. 

Won’t get into it, as they’ll be a fair few here, but completely agree mate. Just trying to make a fast buck out of collectors who Actually want one is a poor show IMO. 

Open a shop if you want to buy and sell to make money, don’t try & rob collectors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

Won’t get into it, as they’ll be a fair few here, but completely agree mate. Just trying to make a fast buck out of collectors who Actually want one is a poor show IMO. 

Open a shop if you want to buy and sell to make money, don’t try & rob collectors.

Yeah defo mate... Genuine collectors eithers miss out or have to pay stupid money for an edition, cos you get wankers who will get a hold of 3/4 copy's, keep one for themselves and then add 💯% or more on top of cost price. I overpayed for a few things when I first started on stuff I missed but now I'm in the right place. I just cudnt rob people. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

A mean look at this mate. Pre order isn't even open on this yet. Not until tonight and it's on eBay already for nearly doubt the price it will probably cost. 

Screenshot_20190624_183341_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Robertm89 

@Pbsw23

I didn’t want this to break down in to a debate about the secondary market, and the people who supply it. 

The simple facts of economics mean that the retailer needs the secondary seller. Without both, the whole system breaks down. 

Cocaine is the simplest example. 

Manufacturer

Middle Man 

Dealer. 

Users. 

Without each other, it doesn’t work. 

The demand of the users filters its way back to the top. So the manufacturer has a reason to make it.

Very simplistic example. 

We should not enter into arguments based on envy. It is the buyers/users that are driving the market. Not the sellers. Steelbook dealers are no different to Antique dealers. They buy with their knowledge, to sell for profit. 

The point about selling something before you actually have it, is a separate point altogether though @Robertm89

That to me is totally wrong. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

@Robertm89 

@Pbsw23

I didn’t want this to break down in to a debate about the secondary market, and the people who supply it. 

The simple facts of economics mean that the retailer needs the secondary seller. Without both, the whole system breaks down. 

Cocaine is the simplest example. 

Manufacturer

Middle Man 

Dealer. 

Users. 

Without each other, it doesn’t work. 

The demand of the users filters its way back to the top. So the manufacturer has a reason to make it.

Very simplistic example. 

We should not enter into arguments based on envy. It is the buyers/users that are driving the market. Not the sellers. Steelbook dealers are no different to Antique dealers. They buy with their knowledge, to sell for profit. 

The point about selling something before you actually have it, is a separate point altogether though @Robertm89

That to me is totally wrong. 

Yeah I get what you mean @DodgyDave

It just bugs me as a collector that some people get ripped off because of bulk buyers who solely sell on for profit. 

That's why I'm not a fan of eBay and only buy off there if I think I've got good value. As a newer collector I missed some sold out and had to hunt for them best I could. In better news I've just ordered my filmarena a star is born and Bohemian rhapsody, filmarena pumping out the editions now after a slow start to year. 

giphy (20).gif

49 minutes ago, Hmcph76 said:

Special reception those days. I would like to thank specially @Benoit46 who had a lot of patience and answered all my new member question when I joined those four group buys. Special thanks to @Scary Hair too who was also very patient with me...

Those beauties just joined my collection and I'm glad.

20190626_150727.jpg

Any time you need anything you only have to message me @Hmcph76 it is my pleasure to help ❤❤💋

Looking 

giphy-downsized.gif

👍💋💋

• Like 2

Today’s delivery’s 😁 Many thanks MP !👍

78E7BAC6-EEC5-427B-9357-2C37B5F52D51.thumb.jpeg.187d4ee8e8377c552ff307dcee6782fe.jpeg

ECF298CE-91A3-4523-86A1-617486EA7EA9.thumb.jpeg.d58ca69812b3e0e1fce23b6c5a8652c7.jpeg

And a special shout out to the main man at Uk Hub 🇬🇧 @blu.steel33 ! Not just for getting this to me in perfect condition, but for also giving me his awesome empty blufans OC box for my DL’s free of charge. This is what makes MP a awesome place! Thank you mate I love it!

0522EBD4-3CD3-48F4-B9F9-B6673511152C.thumb.jpeg.d5d22a497debab1e401aa2b1d5e5bbbe.jpeg

4BFB1423-C138-43C0-9500-09968AC66F34.thumb.jpeg.0159a4d422dd5de5c4536aa2ee32ed1a.jpeg

Tagging you in this @Robertm89 - look Star Wars👆👆👆- I know you love it really mate 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Today’s delivery’s 😁 Many thanks MP !👍

78E7BAC6-EEC5-427B-9357-2C37B5F52D51.thumb.jpeg.187d4ee8e8377c552ff307dcee6782fe.jpeg

ECF298CE-91A3-4523-86A1-617486EA7EA9.thumb.jpeg.d58ca69812b3e0e1fce23b6c5a8652c7.jpeg

And a special shout out to the main man at Uk Hub 🇬🇧 @blu.steel33 ! Not just for getting this to me in perfect condition, but for also giving me his awesome empty blufans OC box for my DL’s free of charge. This is what makes MP a awesome place! Thank you mate I love it!

0522EBD4-3CD3-48F4-B9F9-B6673511152C.thumb.jpeg.d5d22a497debab1e401aa2b1d5e5bbbe.jpeg

4BFB1423-C138-43C0-9500-09968AC66F34.thumb.jpeg.0159a4d422dd5de5c4536aa2ee32ed1a.jpeg

Tagging you in this @Robertm89 - look Star Wars👆👆👆- I know you love it really mate 🤣🤣🤣

That star is born is awesome mate @RileyLad not a happy chappy I missed mine today. Not get a chance to get down the depot for a few days either ☹️

Star wars though what a load of 💩💩😜😂 box looks nice though. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

That star is born is awesome mate @RileyLad not a happy chappy I missed mine today. Not get a chance to get down the depot for a few days either ☹️

Star wars though what a load of 💩💩😜😂 box looks nice though. 

Thats a shame mate, but I will look forward to your reception pics👍

The bars been set now 🤣🤣🤣

Heres to UK Hub 🇬🇧 

B48D9D49-22FB-4C5B-9C6A-681114A8E2B5.gif.cfc35fb837ccc53bcde4579a88fe1e3b.gif

1 minute ago, RileyLad said:

Thats a shame mate, but I will look forward to your reception pics👍

The bars been set now 🤣🤣🤣

Heres to UK Hub 🇬🇧 

B48D9D49-22FB-4C5B-9C6A-681114A8E2B5.gif.cfc35fb837ccc53bcde4579a88fe1e3b.gif

To be honest mate... I just copy off others. I'm horrendous at taking a good photograph. There's actually a real knack to it lol ...  This is me trying to take pics 👇👇😂

giphy (27).gif

• Haha 1