WCL 2001: A Space Odyssey (WCL Exclusive #17) (4K + 2BD) (Digipak) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Here is a look at the spectacular Media Psychos gift Lenticular everyone on the Group Buy for this edition will receive ? Simply amazing, thanks go to @ksosk for this, it turned out amazing ?

The Group Buy is still open, so if you also would like to get one of these (aside from the amazing release Diskino has prepared for this movie), JOIN NOW.

You guys at Media Psychos are amazing!

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, malkorgan said:

Ok @ksosk, how is it going? What's next for we that joined the groupby? I just can't wait to have more News :-)

Funny hobby right? Some editions get released by retailers reasonably quick and others take months. I even forget what I sign up for sometimes xD Then one day a box just shows up at my door, bam! 

• Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, deckard99 said:

Funny hobby right? Some editions get released by retailers reasonably quick and others take months. I even forget what I sign up for sometimes xD Then one day a box just shows up at my door, bam! 

And some days, bam! you get 2 boxes of the same item! Haha

• Haha 3

So apparently WB is recalling discs that are already out in the wild, have delayed further pressings, and created a new UPC code? 

Now I don't mind waiting as long as we get the fixed discs, but are we promised the fixed discs? Or can we get more details? WB has said it's just a manufacturing delay, but they wouldn't recall discs, or make a UPC if that were the case, right?

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Servo086 said:

So apparently WB is recalling discs that are already out in the wild, have delayed further pressings, and created a new UPC code? 

Now I don't mind waiting as long as we get the fixed discs, but are we promised the fixed discs? Or can we get more details? WB has said it's just a manufacturing delay, but they wouldn't recall discs, or make a UPC if that were the case, right?

My Best Buy preorder was cancelled (it's back up now) and I did hear something about a very minor 2.5 second fade out disc issue, but the main problem seems to be that they underestimated the demand and can't make enough. This has been available in the UK for a while now and I haven't heard anything about a recall. 

I was surprised when I saw the end of the space station scene. That reminds me that the very first VHS release of the film dating back from 1980 (from the US which I bought from ebay two years ago) contains about a minute or two's additional footage of VFX shots in the EVA spacewalk scene which is not seen in any other home entertainment release of 2001! They must have been among the scenes Kubrick had trimmed after the Washington and New York's premiere screenings. I have the recent steelbook and R1 release of the film: the BR is stunning but I will be getting an external 4KUHD drive soon 🙂

• Like 2

sorry to inform all of you fans, 2001 a space odyssey WCL exclusive edition will be delayed one month. We are informed today, there is a problem with the UHD and main feature BD, The final finished master was missing an original film editorial fade to black insert in the film – it should have had an 18 frame fade to black [0.7 seconds]. No footage is missing from the feature and audio remained in sync. The mastering team has fixed the issue. We are waiting for the new version discs. We don't accept the wrong disc and cut version feature, it's not match our concept. We insist on replace the new discs. sorry for delay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12

Awards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...