ksosk

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

Umm... as well as it can probably be answered without seeing live pics or holding the actual product in my hands? haha  Thanks for investigating. I assume it will all make total sense once we see the in-hand photos.

As I understand correctly, the full black box to house all the items is meant to symbolise the monolith.

I am also eagerly awaiting for live shots =)

4 minutes ago, ksosk said:

As I understand correctly, the full black box to house all the items is meant to symbolise the monolith.

I am also eagerly awaiting for live shots ?

In a way, that almost feels like cheating, though, doesn't it? ;)

"Hey, look at this ultra-fancy boxed set of 2001!"

"It's, uh, just a plain black box."

"Exactly—it's, like, the monolith! Get it?"

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

In a way, that almost feels like cheating, though, doesn't it? ;)

"Hey, look at this ultra-fancy boxed set of 2001!"

"It's, uh, just a plain black box."

"Exactly—it's, like, the monolith! Get it?"

I prefer to see it as that Diskino can choose not to do that extract slip and have the box made with the box containing the HAL 9000 art, but chose to push the concept through and make it as 2 covers. 

Have to say that I'm underwhelmed and disappointed by the design of the outer slipcase. Maybe it will look better in person. I hope so. I'm not crazy about the design of the two booklet covers either.

I very much like the "Star Child" artwork and design used on the inner case for the discs, however! I find it slightly odd that it's actually the artwork from the cover of the 2010 novel though, but I'm OK with that.

ArthurCClarke_2010OdysseyTwo.jpg

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
36 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Folks, I think "in hand" this is going to look stunning.

Personally, I quite like it but then, my taste is assuredly an "aquired" taste,....?

1 minute ago, ksosk said:

Then that makes us two!

Three, I'm very impressed with this release already after Beauty shots and I think in hand it will be a terrific. I really feel like I get a complete awesome package, so much cool stuff included ?.

• Like 2

Hey @DarthEd !

Did you ever get around to reading "2061" ?

It's pretty good, lots of techno-babble, which I don't mind but had to get it (MANY years ago) so I'd have the full trilogy.

Track down the PB (or better yet the HC) if you haven't yet, it's worth it. ?

Now, to track down "3001" the final book !

Edited by Grendel

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Zombaid said:

Hi there,

as a newbie here, I've a question regarding Custom Fee and Shipping.

Is 548 CNY include shipping to germany and how frequently are these packages registered by customs?

Would really appreciate a short answer.

Thanks!

Hi. 548 CNY is the retail price of the item without shipping.

Maybe @Scary Hair or @thomue1987 can help you out with the custom process ?

They may pm you.

• ★ Administrators ★
11 minutes ago, Zombaid said:

Hi there,

as a newbie here, I've a question regarding Custom Fee and Shipping.

Is 548 CNY include shipping to germany and how frequently are these packages registered by customs?

Would really appreciate a short answer.

Thanks!

These are HUB shipping, meaning they will not ship directly from China to you. They will ship to a HUB responsible for you. So partial shipping, custom fees and shipping costs to you are on top of the retail price. Hope that helps a little.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

These are HUB shipping, meaning they will not ship directly from China to you. They will ship to a HUB responsible for you. So partial shipping, custom fees and shipping costs to you are on top of the retail price. Hope that helps a little.

How much would that be approximately?

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hey @DarthEd !

Did you ever get around to reading "2061" ?

It's pretty good, lots of techno-babble, which I don't mind but had to get it (MANY years ago) so I'd have the full trilogy.

Track down the PB (or better yet the HC) if you haven't yet, it's worth it. 1f642.png

Now, to track down "3001" the final book !

Yes, I read 2061 when it came out. I still have the hardcover. Actually, I didn't like it very much and never read 3001 as a result. 2010 is great though. I still have the paperback with the artwork shown above.

Awards

2 minutes ago, DarthEd said:

Yes, I read 2061 when it came out. I still have the hardcover. Actually, I didn't like it very much and never read 3001 as a result. 2010 is great though. I still have the paperback with the artwork shown above.

Please, people: don't read 3001. :)

If you want some 2001-related reading material, I highly recommend Michael Benson's recent book, Space Odyssey: Stanley Kubrick, Arthur C. Clarke, and the Making of a Masterpiece.

Edited by ethnosax

• ★ Administrators ★
On 10/24/2018 at 4:25 AM, Zombaid said:

How much would that be approximately?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

Since there are alot of variables involved in our GB we cannot give exact prices as this GB is not a direct delivery which would mean you would get the merchandise directly and have to deal with everything , like customs .  

Since this is a HUB only shipping it will incur those costs described in our GB Rules, which I hope you and others take the time to read.  It explains alot of our process. 

Also remember people this is a foreign currency meaning it goes up and down. Quoting a price in USD is almost senseless as we don't know the conversion rate yet for when we pay. 

Our prices are very competitive , our GB system has been around now for more than a Decade and for the majority of the members it has worked just great for them.

If you are a member on a budget we can work with you on that , but if you are one of those penny penchers where a couple dollars more or less wrecks your bank account , this release as well as our GB system might not be a good match. 

We strive to give our best at all times , as you will hopefully experience along the way with us.

Take CARE

John

• Like 2

can some of the moderators / administrators send me a private message to have an idea of the total price amount of it including shipping and customs to italy rome (extimation please)? I am seriously thinking of being the next one to add this GB but please help me gaining some more additional information, I read the rules but didn't catch the process very well (my limit sorry). Moreover, will there be a tracking number to use to track delivery status once shipped? THanks in advance to the MP staff that will answer my questions :-)

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, malkorgan said:

can some of the moderators / administrators send me a private message to have an idea of the total price amount of it including shipping and customs to italy rome (extimation please)? I am seriously thinking of being the next one to add this GB but please help me gaining some more additional information, I read the rules but didn't catch the process very well (my limit sorry). Moreover, will there be a tracking number to use to track delivery status once shipped? THanks in advance to the MP staff that will answer my questions :-)

Please check out this post from @Masterblaster, it might help you a little.

• Like 1