IGNORED

UHD CLUB The Matrix (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#05) (Leather Edition) (4K/2D Blu-ray) [China]

extantsrevenge

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, howarmat said:

I noticed the wrapping really bends the case inward on this one.  Need to stuff more goods in there or make the boxes skinnier

Well, mine was the same too. To the point where it has 'cracked' the paint finish on the leather edge at the bottom on the spine of the slip. I can clearly see a thin white crack rise from the bottom upwards about 10mm on one edge and 15mm the other. Very thin, but still noticeable on the black finish. There is also a noticeable 'deformity' or mis-shape at the bottom where a lump swells out too compared to my Ghost In The Shell UHD. I have not even removed the shrinkwrap and can clearly see the issues.

Together with the 'notebook' (many empty pages of the booklet) that was not advised in advance of purchase, this has further dented my confidence in UHD Club products. I have no issue paying premium prices for premium product - and the actual concept & design is superb - but the execution just seems very hit or miss to me. I felt the same with the darkness of the print on the GITS booklet, but was willing to let that slide and hope things improved for future releases.

I can understand production flaws in product runs in the 1000's and tens of thousands, but with 'just' 200 pieces (and effectively the most expensive edition of the movie in the world today) to let this kind of quality issues reach the customer is not really on.

To end my comment on a positive note, the Media Psycho cards were a fantastic and welcome 'extra' (as with GITS). The addition of the '4kUltra HD printed on the spine of the slip is welcomed (it was missing from the GITS).

I'll continue to support UHD Club releases, but for how long, who knows?

• ★ Administrators ★
On 11/16/2018 at 6:42 AM, Dom said:

I just received, but not the number that I have ask.....

Now for the other 2 title that I suppose will ve release, we can have the same number or not?

Thanks for the answer.

Hi Dom,

sometimes it is hard to insure members get the "numbers" they want .  We have though been assured from UHD CLUB that matching numbers will be given on the upcoming 2 other Matrix releases. 

Take care

John

• Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
On 11/16/2018 at 6:49 AM, Dom said:

Another question, the 5d lenticular cover card It's inside the edition?

I ask before out there isn't.

Thanks for the GB.

It is not inside the edition , it was a freebie from KS .  I will insure you get it with the next edition .

Take care

John

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Morph said:

There is also a noticeable 'deformity' or mis-shape at the bottom where a lump swells out too compared to my Ghost In The Shell UHD.

8 hours ago, howarmat said:

I noticed the wrapping really bends the case inward on this one.  Need to stuff more goods in there or make the boxes skinnier

I was going to mention these issues in a PM as I also see the same on my copies... GitS was perfection but I assume UC is using thicker leather, so it does not wrap as neatly. Hopefully, this is something they can look out for and address. Also, the edges and corners seem rounder than GitS, which was squarer (heh), again this may be due to thicker material. Don't get me wrong, Matrix and SPR are great releases but it would be good to address the little things on future releases. To make a long story short, three areas of improvement:

1. Use spacers to eliminate bowing when the contents are thinner than the case (or make the case stiffer to withstand the shrink)
  2. Eliminate bulges on top/bottom of spine
  3. Reduce rounding of edges and corners

Looking forward to the next installment in the series, which I presume will be Schindler's List.

• Like 2

Awards

Perhaps you are all forgetting that these slips are leather which is subject to expansion and contraction so maybe ... just maybe UC have taken this Into account ....when its hot /Cold and you've all got youre central heating on they may also  be susceptible to sweating ...IDK . but it's a good idea to let it out of its wrapping  ... Just a thought id throw into the mix ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Perhaps you are all forgetting that these slips are leather which is subject to expansion and contraction so maybe ... just maybe UC have taken this Into account ....when its hot /Cold and you've all got youre central heating on they may also  be susceptible to sweating ...IDK . but it's a good idea to let it out of its wrapping  ... Just a thought id throw into the mix ....

unwrap it ????  Are you mad ?  It's a collectible.   😆😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

You mean a premium that actually gets better with age? That would be something! :D Seriously though, that is a good point. I hope you're right. Regardless, I love all four UC releases so far. OK, I'm off to get some carrots and greens for the Matrix bunny. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Le 20/09/2018 à 06:56, ksosk a dit :

Hey @howarmat,

The discs are as such and there is no digital. I have mentioned to UC for their future reference already. Thank you for bringing it up! ??‍♀️

20180920_123906

@ksosk, Do you know what audio languages are available on different disks? 

Disks are region free ? 

I went through this thread, but I didn't seen information about it

Many thanks my friend ✌️👍👍👍