IGNORED

[DC's] Gotham

Jb162009

Just realised there wasnt a thread for this, my favourite current comic show. 

gotham_header_h_2015.jpg

Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?

Im guessing that just like Agents of Shield, people started to watch, got bored and never went back. I agree that S1 is very slow but it actually makes for an excellent S2 & then S3. Every season the villains are getting older (obviously) but they are also starting to resemble the batman villains that we love. For example, S2 had Hugo Strange & Mr. Freeze (both excellent long builds) whilst S3 has done excellent building of Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy and possibly Joker. I  would say that a Mad Hatter arc (S3) seems very strange and unnecessary but in the end, it does help expand many different stories and creates some excellent episodes.  

• 1 year later...

Archived