IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Again all my anime loving friends! @KingRagnar @Hatori @Terje Iversen  @extantsrevenge, @stanleydobson, @Steelbook_Movielover @DarthEd (and any I forgot, heh);

Just one pick-up yesterday but a pretty nice one I think;

Ordered this from Tiger Labs, who have just recently focused efforts on Anime Original Soundtracks.

Link:

http://tigerlabvinyl.bigcartel.com/

- Berserk: OST (LP)

Unfortunately, it seems they have sold out of this one as of today, but they have a few others that I've ordered;

- Vampire Hunter D, Bloodlust and

- Devilman

image.png.b61aeb95e4ef1840dcfc3f8cf3db6fbd.png

image.png.fd802a2be75a90a67296240f9374c75f.png

• Like 5

Hmm, how did you figure out the play length buddy @extantsrevenge?

From the music titles on the CD? I could not see a play time listed.

Well, regardless, I bought it principally for the art, which is gorgeous imho and I'll be framing it after I copy it.

The Vamp D OST is a dble gatefold and with the amount of songs on it, I suspect it will be full length.

Here's hoping! 🙂

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel I have the CD and it has a run time of only 34 Min 😭. I just notice the LP lists 8 Tracks, the CD has 11, so the Songs are missing 😥, now we are looking at a run time below 30Min. But I agree the Art is awesome and it is still a cool item 👍.

14 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Received a few new editions today my friends; 🤩

- Blue Exorcist, S-1 box set
- Blue Exorcist S-2 Pt-1 Kyoto Saga ( Pt-2 still in the mail)
- Blood Lad, (CE) set

Nice 👍 I've been thinking about starting Blue Exorcist...Seems like something that would be right up my alley.

• Like 1

Awards

One of the fortunate things of having a region-free Blu player is of course, being able to track down deals offered by other companies outside North America.

The Blue Exorcist editions are a good example. Anniplex direct editions for sale via RightStuf, Tokyo Otaku Mode or Amazon, are exorbitantly priced in my mind and the English Manga titles, that bear the "Anniplex" moniker on their products, are of equivalent quality but usually far cheaper.

I've had a region free player for many years now (2 players actually) and never regretted the purchase price for in the long run, I've managed to both save money and also (more importantly) been able to purchase titles that just are not available in NA.

Winning!

😀

p.s. Blue Exorcist is Highly Recommended, excellent show!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Grendel said:

One of the fortunate things of having a region-free Blu player is of course, being able to track down deals offered by other companies outside North America.

The Blue Exorcist editions are a good example. Anniplex direct editions for sale via RightStuf, Tokyo Otaku Mode or Amazon, are exorbitantly priced in my mind and the English Manga titles, that bear the "Anniplex" moniker on their products, are of equivalent quality but usually far cheaper.

I've had a region free player for many years now (2 players actually) and never regretted the purchase price for in the long run, I've managed to both save money and also (more importantly) been able to purchase titles that just are not available in NA.

Winning!

p.s. Blue Exorcist is Highly Recommended, excellent show!

Yeah I've always thought about grabbing a region free player...Maybe some day.

Planning on starting Blue Exorcist today! Was looking around at some physical editions of the show and it seems pretty pricey for a 25 episode anime...Like this one for example: Link 

I mean, $140 for 25 episodes?  😅 I'll be watching the show on Crunchyroll thankfully so no need to purchase that, but usually I do like to purchase physical media for shows I really enjoy...So part of me is hoping I don't enjoy it TOO much if you get what I mean haha. 😂

• Like 1

Awards

Hi @Sheikah;

Yeah, Aniplex of America prices are ALWAYS high. The one consolation is, they are guaranteed to be of the best quality possible and equivalent to the Japanese releases (which are also always exorbitantly priced unless on sale).

You can sometimes luck in to a sale on RightStuf and occasionally Amazon but with Aniplex titles it's rare, because folk will usually pay the higher cost to get that level of quality.
unfortunately, to get the shows they licence on Blu, you either have to pay their price or seek out the show from another country (i.e. Manga in UK, Dybex in France, Dynit in Italy, etc...).

Hence the reason I have a region free player. 🙂

Here's Right Stuf's link so you can keep tabs on American releases;

https://www.rightstufanime.com/

🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks;

Regarding Akira, you may wish to read this;

Link:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-04/katsuhiro-otomo-akira-gets-new-anime-project-and-4k-remaster-of-1988-anime-film/.148651

Okay, I don't have any more info than what you read at this link, but it looks like Akira is getting a 4K remaster in Spring 2020 and it will become available in both Japan and USA (for starters) via SUNRISE.

So, with that said, what besides a gorgeous SteelBook is Kimchi offering us THIS year?

Well, no one really knows yet but it's gonna be worth keeping tabs on I suspect.

Cheers! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel 😳 they also mention a new project that is supposed to include the complete Manga 😍, I actually always hoped for a 52 episodes series or at least 26 to tell the whole story. Anyway if something like that is happening I really hope that the animation will be similar to the ones used in the movie. I hope no stupid bad CGI effects, I can't stand them. If it would look like the new Legend of the Galactic Heroes Series, it would be nice.

A 4K remaster sounds interesting, maybe Kimchi should wait for that, would make the edition even more interesing.

Also a new movie from Otomo 😳

And did you see the preview for the new Makoto Shinkai Movie :wow: that is getting me really excited

• Like 3

Il y a 4 heures, extantsrevenge a dit :

@Grendel 😳 they also mention a new project that is supposed to include the complete Manga 😍, I actually always hoped for a 52 episodes series or at least 26 to tell the whole story. Anyway if something like that is happening I really hope that the animation will be similar to the ones used in the movie. I hope no stupid bad CGI effects, I can't stand them. If it would look like the new Legend of the Galactic Heroes Series, it would be nice.

A 4K remaster sounds interesting, maybe Kimchi should wait for that, would make the edition even more interesing.

Also a new movie from Otomo 😳

And did you see the preview for the new Makoto Shinkai Movie :wow: that is getting me really excited

What's the 2nd YouTube link? 🙄

Because i really love it :o 

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
40 minutes ago, Magnifly said:

What's the 2nd YouTube link? 🙄

Because i really love it :o 

I love it too 😍 it is a Trailer for the new Makoto Shinkai Movie Weathering with You. First Part of the vidio shows previous work from him. He made some really great movies already. His last was Your Name (2016), he always does absolute beautiful animations and the colors are absolutely stunning in his works, besides that the storys are terrific. A real good director. Also very highly recommended Children who chase lost Voices (2011). If you don't know his work yet, do yourself a favor and check them out, you will not regret it ☺️

@ksosk have you see the trailer I posted above already? Looks awesome.

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Veum said:

@Grendel @extantsrevenge,

I'm really starting to enjoy these anime for the moment... do all of them come w/English language pray.gif?

It depends, the US releases will always have english subs, but sadly most the japanese releases don't feature english subtitles. Korea sometimes, but also often not 😥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

It depends, the US releases will always have english subs, but sadly most the japanese releases don't feature english subtitles. Korea sometimes, but also often not 😥

@extantsrevenge @Grendel, then since you all are very good at finding neat ones, what is my best way to navigate all of these animes to find those w/English language (I want to file this knowledge away for future purchases ;))?

Will I be able to file away knowledge?! xD

giphy-downsized.gif

Thanks so much! :)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

il y a 36 minutes, extantsrevenge a dit :

I love it too 😍 it is a Trailer for the new Makoto Shinkai Movie Weathering with You. First Part of the vidio shows previous work from him. He made some really great movies already. His last was Your Name (2016), he always does absolute beautiful animations and the colors are absolutely stunning in his works, besides that the storys are terrific. A real good director. Also very highly recommended Children who chase lost Voices (2011). If you don't know his work yet, do yourself a favor and check them out, you will not regret it ☺️

@ksosk have you see the trailer I posted above already? Looks awesome.

Oh okay, i don't specially like animes, only some of them ❤️ like "Your Name". Will show you my release if you want ;) 

And do you know when the anime comes out? :)  

So, lots of info here lately, and lots of questions, heh.

I assuredly agree @extantsrevenge that Makoto Shinkai  is awesome and I love the majority of his work.

I'll be keeping close eye on "Weathering With You" and I'll assuredly be picking it up when opportunity permits.  🙂

Now as for questions;

I noticed @Magnifly you stated you "don't specially like animes". Well, the one thing about anime I think you will find, as you become more familiar with them, is that there are numerous genres within it that can actually appeal to a diverse sense of tastes;

- Horror (i.e. Hellsing),

- Sci-fi (i.e. Ghost In The Shell)

- Fantasy (i.e. Claymore)

- Humour (i.e. One Piece)

- Slice of Life (i.e. Sempai & Bunny Girl)

- Drama (i.e. Your Name)

- many, many, many more

I'd first recommend cruising through some of the older posts in this thread and the accompanying "Anime Collections" thread for some ideas on shows that may appeal to you.

I think most of us wrote a bit about the shows we posted info on.

Of course, asking here for recommendations on a particular genre will also be of value since we are all VERY happy to guide you to your preferred show style. 🙂

And @Veum ditto all of the above!

If we have a clear understanding of the type of show that interests you, we can then better point you in the direction best suited to your wishes.

Hopefully we can even be of help! heh.

Cheers Folks! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Magnifly Weathering with You will open in Japan on July 19th I anticipate Blu-ray release end of the year and in 2020 USA & Europe.

54 minutes ago, Magnifly said:

After, my problem with animes is more than I look after a drawing style I like :/

I do that too, if the animations don't appeal to me I will not watch a show. But the good thing is you can always find short clips of everything to see if you like it.

Our Newbie Topic should give you some ideas already. As for Drama 🤔, the Movie A Silent Voice is in that Genre at it is terrific very powerful stuff. Also as for Series Clannad is a big one or Anohana: The Flower We Saw that Day, highly recommended.

• Like 2

il y a une heure, extantsrevenge a dit :

@Magnifly Weathering with You will open in Japan on July 19th I anticipate Blu-ray release end of the year and in 2020 USA & Europe.

I do that too, if the animations don't appeal to me I will not watch a show. But the good thing is you can always find short clips of everything to see if you like it.

Our Newbie Topic should give you some ideas already. As for Drama 🤔, the Movie A Silent Voice is in that Genre at it is terrific very powerful stuff. Also as for Series Clannad is a big one or Anohana: The Flower We Saw that Day, highly recommended.

A Silent Voice, i really loved too! Great anime, but sad story 😢 

I even bought the mangas to say haha! But still not rode...

In series, i watched Kuroko No Basuke, and an mini serie, don't remember the name.. huh

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...