IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel I also had a Panasonic Plasma but only 55", but that one had a spectacular image already. So it was a hard decision. New one is 65" did not want to go larger because I had the fear that the old Anime would not look good on an even bigger screen. Still have many on DVD.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Agree with you on size my friend. With my seating placement, 65" is MORE than big enough.

I also still enjoy many of my dvds (since for some shows, that's all that is out still).

In fact, I have some shows still only released on VHS that I enjoy. Mind, sometimes viewing those on a 65" screen, is like watching it through a screen door, heh.

Oh, where does your Panny plasma now reside?

I only have one viewing room, nothing upstairs other than my 2 computers.

Going down to the "Media Room" to me is like going to the Movie Theatre!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
7 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Oh, where does your Panny plasma now reside?

I only have one viewing room, nothing upstairs other than my 2 computers.

Going down to the "Media Room" to me is like going to the Movie Theatre!

At the moment it is in the attic, waiting for a new assignment, as I also only have 1 viewing room. Not watching movies in the bedroom, the kitchen or bathroom 😂.

• Haha 1

Hi Anime Lovers, ie @Grendel, @extantsrevenge, @stanleydobson, @Steelbook_Movielover and @DarthEd.

Anyone seen 'Made in Abyss'? From the trailer it looks absolutely amazing. It felt like a safe purchase, so I didn't think twice about ordering it. I went for the Collector's Edition from Amazon UK. Do anyone know of a second season coming? I know 'Made in Abyss: Fukaki Tamashî no Reimei' is coming in 2020, but I'm not sure if this is a movie or...

image.thumb.png.de473c6e9b68dbcbd95e40e8857f172c.png

Here's the trailer:

• Like 2

Awards

3 hours ago, Terje Iversen said:

Hi Anime Lovers, ie @Grendel, @extantsrevenge, @stanleydobson, @Steelbook_Movielover and @DarthEd.

Anyone seen 'Made in Abyss'? From the trailer it looks absolutely amazing.

I’ve not heard of it before, so no, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. The character designs are a little too chibi for my tastes, but it does look very pretty.

• Like 1

Awards

Good Evening @Terje Iversen, @DarthEd, @extantsrevenge @stanleydobson, @Steelbook_Movielover and all my Anime Loving Friends! 

"Made In Abyss" is a staggeringly good film. And the Soundtrack is perfection.

Very easy too google acres of info, so I won't go into it but yeah, if you don't own this, you should. 😀

I have the standard ed. (amaray) and have been waiting dang near 6 months for the Spec ed to drop in price.

Great pick-up Terje !

I've heard a few strong rumours on a sequel but no firm info released yet.

note: (shameless plug) New pics from my  Anime collection, in the "Grendel's Deeper Dungeon" thread! 😉

Link:  https://mediapsychos.com/topic/9842-grendels-deep-dungeon/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-167838

🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

@Terje Iversen great choice, I really like the series. I had some reservations because of the art style, but I forgot about it fast as it is an all around good series. It was supposed to get a second season now it looks like that was changed to a 3rd movie (first two are summary Movies of the series). Currently the movie is planned for 2020 😥, I really hope we get more of it.

• Like 3

Good Afternoon @Hatori and my other friends.

You may have heard about some of the controversy surrounding the Goblin Slayer Anime. Let's just say that in the first episode, the Goblins engage in some less than savory activities.

It had the desired effect though, as going by the adage "ANY press is good press" it certainly made the show a topic of discussion on every anime board out there.

I have not watched any of it yet myself but I've heard that the series has gained a fair sized following so, once you get past that first episode, I think you might quite enjoy it.

I need to ask, where are you getting that beautiful boxed edition from? Does it include just S-1 (I'm not sure how far along the series is).

Cheers! 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Hi Buddy;

Yep been keeping an eye on it.

RS has it right now for ~$65usd. Amazon is playing the silly game again and asking almost $100usd.

Of course, that price will plummet once it gets very close to release date.

As I mentioned before, RS is my last stop, not first, due to extra charges but if Amazon does something stupid and keeps the price high (can't see it happening) then I'll buy from RS.

They have some other titles I want real bad as well, such as;

- How Not to Summon a Demon Lord

- Devil's Line

- JoJo #4 (Pt-1), and

- dang, there was another good one I'm forgetting, ah well.

Oh, I also ordered the CE of "Perfect Blue" today from Zavvi.

It's on sale right now for 65 quid and if you use coupon code : 15GOGW  it's good for an additional 15% off, so about 55 quid total. 🙂

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
On 5/18/2019 at 6:27 AM, DarthEd said:

Has anyone seen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronja,_the_Robber's_Daughter_(TV_series) yet? If so, any thoughts? Studio Ghibli co-production, directed by Miyazaki’s son. It’s coming to Blu-ray in the USA on August 20th.

Later,

Ed

I tested when it was released. I was very excitet about this project as it came from Ghibli and because I saw the live action version so many times when I was a kid. But sadly this was a complete let down. The animation (completely CGI) is an atrocity and not what you expect from Ghibli. It could have turned out to be an terrific anime (the story is great), but I could not take it and stopped after I think 2 episodes. Very sad that they failed on this. Done right it would have turned out great I think.

• Thanks 2

On 5/19/2019 at 1:25 AM, extantsrevenge said:

I tested when it was released. I was very excitet about this project as it came from Ghibli and because I saw the live action version so many times when I was a kid. But sadly this was a complete let down. The animation (completely CGI) is an atrocity and not what you expect from Ghibli. It could have turned out to be an terrific anime (the story is great), but I could not take it and stopped after I think 2 episodes. Very sad that they failed on this. Done right it would have turned out great I think.

Wow, I had no idea this was CGI animated...

• Like 2

Awards

^^ It's not my type of show but I'm confident my Grand-daughter will quite enjoy it and she no misgivings (yet) wrt CGI.

I too prefer drawn animation, especially with this type show.

I can understand the need/preference by studios utilizing CGI for some shows (i.e. Gundam) and done right, it can look tremendous (i.e. Land Of The Lustrous) but not a show like Robber's Daughter.

Sigh, the times, they are a changin' my friends....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening my dear Anime Loving Friends!

I received the newly released Hellsing Ultimate: Funimation amaray yesterday from Amz.ca.

Unfortunately, they packed it with my order of The Official Complete Sherlock Holmes (HC) just released by the Sherlock Holmes Museum.

The book weighs almost 2 kilos and they packed the Hellsing amaray beneath it in the box!

Needless to say, the amaray is broken in a few places. It also came without a slip which for the price, is a disappointment as well.

Alas, Amazon, to my knowledge, won't do a replacement unless the discs are damaged and the discs are fine (on flipper leaves).

I planned on sending this copy to my daughter but I'll need to track down a new case first... frustrating.  🤨

As my gals have been eagerly awaiting this, I may just re-order one and bite the bullet on this one and keep it.

image.thumb.jpeg.5f8461dc6e49fccedad876a4bd8b7fa5.jpeg

• Like 1

On a brighter note, I just ordered the Vol-2 of the Berserk  (HC book) series being released by Dark Horse.

It should hopefully, be delivered second week of July.

Oh, wanted to ask, did anyone else notice that PA is releasing a spec ed of Mirai (PA 056)?

Unfortunately, Japanese and Korean only, which is weird for a PA numbered release.

Looks beautiful though!

Link;

https://plainarchive.com/collections/plain-archive/products/mirai-full-slip-digi-pak-2discs-pa056

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Oh, wanted to ask, did anyone else notice that PA is releasing a spec ed of Mirai (PA 056)?

Unfortunately, Japanese and Korean only, which is weird for a PA numbered release.Looks beautiful though!

Yes, it's the same with all of their anime releases. No English subtitles. Very frustrating.

• Like 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Grendel said:

Unfortunately, Japanese and Korean only, which is weird for a PA numbered release.

Yes I noticed and was very disappointed to see that it has no english subs. Not buying it without 😥

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Anime loving members @Hatori @Grendel @DarthEd @Kingpin @Terje Iversen and everyone else, the time has finally arrived 😍

Akira Premium Release with WEA Steelbook from Ive Entertainment & Kimchidvd :wow:

Release Topic here

Akira - WEA Steelbook - Kimchidvd -Media PSychos

I think I don't have to say it but

ALL IN 😂😍

Spread the word and let's make this release really successful 😊

• Like 3