IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

Hello again my Anime Loving Friends! @extantsrevenge, @DarthEd, @Hatori, @stanleydobson and all others!

Well, I managed to hold off long enough on the new purchases, then went quite NUTS this week-end...🤯

Right Stuf was advertising the new Aniplex re-release for Black Butler S-1 (ep 1-24) due for release near end Jan '19.

It will be a Collector's Edition box set with assorted 'shiny 'naff included. Price is $149usd on sale from $189usd.

Now, I've been researching the Black Butler series for a while now and it certainly intrigued me. Once I was able to figure out which bloody title was which season (courtesy of Wiki) I elected to dive in head first and ordered them ALL.

S-1: CE Box (ep 1-24)

S-2: (ep 25-36 + 6 OVA)

S-3: (Book of Circus, ep 37-46)

Book of Murder: (2 OVA)

Book of The Atlantic: (anime film)

Fortunately, ALL of them (except S-1) were on sale for 50% off, otherwise I doubt I would have pulled the trigger.

I'd be interested to hear if any of you fine folk have viewed this series?

I don't mind saying, the reason I've held off this long for them, is because the artwork on the covers, with Ceil (12 years old) and his Butler Sebastian, were giving me a creepy pedophilic vibe but in conversations with others, I've been assured there is none in the story (thank goodness!).

Cheers! 😀

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel you get a lot of stuff these days, I hope you're able to watch them all. I need somethimes really long until I get to my new purchases, so much to watch 😂. I have not watched Black Butler, not sure if I tested in way back in 2008. Please let us know how it is, maybe I have to check as I really don't know anything about it.

• Like 1

Am 6.12.2018 um 09:44 schrieb extantsrevenge:

Thanks @stanleydobson sadly still no japanese language with subtitles on it, so I will not get it. I really dislike that so many classics are available here in Germany on Disc, but don't include the original japanese 1f625.png

Thats fine for me, i only watch the classics in geman audio, no english, no japanese, because in my childhood i watched it in german, so...

Only transformers Generation 1 did i watch in english, because there are only a few episodes with german audio..

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

Found some interesting German Anime stuff recently and did some Release topics, did not know anything about all the Futurepaks and this retailer until I saw the GitS a week ago. Check it ou guys @Grendel @DarthEd @stanleydobson @Hatori @FN-2187 @ksosk and other anime fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

BLU-RAY / GALAXY EXPRESS 999 I, II (2 DISC + SCANAVO CASE)

So, as far as "new releases" go... this isn't exactly new to the world but I've heard that a new release by somebody (dang need to look up who) is coming out for this so I grabbed the NOVA copy from their Winter Festival sale for only $15usd (yep, still available too!).

Link:   http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-galaxy-express-999-i-ii-2-disc-scanavo-case/520/?cate_no=105&display_group=1

It has both films in a beautiful embossed slipcase.

And yes, it has English subs. 🙂

Gal Exp 1and 2.jpg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello @extantsrevenge, @DarthEd, @stanleydobson, @Hatori and our many other Anime loving friends!

I was wondering if you folk were aware, that "Dark Horse" is releasing the complete set of "BERSERK" Manga in Hardcover format this year and in continuance?

Vol 1, 2 and 3 is available for pre-order now via Amz.com (and hopefully other Amazon sites).

Price for Vol 1 is currently $27usd and will be shipping in March 2019 (I have it ordered, of course 🙂).

Vol 2 will follow in July '19 and Vol 3 in Nov '19.

Each volume will contain 3 volumes of the Manga, so at 39 Manga vols, I guess we can expect 13 HCs!

What an awesome library that will make!

As word of mouth gets around, you KNOW these are gonna sell out so best get your orders in soon I suggest.

With the way the releases are spaced out, it won't seem that expensive (less than the cost of a Premium Blu-ray and just as cool!).

Heres a link to the Amz.com site but I recommend also checking the Amazons in your respective countries.

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Deluxe-1-Kentaro-Miura/dp/1506711987/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1550864718&sr=1-1&keywords=berserk

Artwork:

Berserk vol 1 HC.jpg

• Like 2

On another note, @extantsrevenge and other fine friends.

I was exceptionally pleased to be awarded for all my lovely Premium Edition Blus this past week.

It assuredly helps bring the community together having opportunity to share our treasures!

On that note, I was wondering what your thoughts would be on an "Anime" award of some sort?

I realize that it would be unique to perhaps only a few members but then, isn't that what awards are for? 😉

As to what type... well one idea I had was an "Aniplex" award.

Their Collector Editions are pricey, unique, and gorgeous but... 10 of them might be tricky, not sure.

Any other ideas?

Cheers!

🤗

• Thanks 1

Just thought of another potential award in the 'Anime' genre that would probably be obtainable by quite a few as the movies are much well loved;

- Ghibli Award

You have at least 10 Ghibli Editions. Congratulations you’re a true Ghibli Collector.

- perhaps, add;

[ steelbook only] or

{ CE only}

I dunno, heh, thoughts?

(or to be even more unique, a "Miyazaki" award and just HIS films at Ghibli?

But, that would be 💀 perhaps....

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
10 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hello @extantsrevenge, @DarthEd, @stanleydobson, @Hatori and our many other Anime loving friends!

I was wondering if you folk were aware, that "Dark Horse" is releasing the complete set of "BERSERK" Manga in Hardcover format this year and in continuance?

Berserk vol 1 HC.jpg

😂 yes very aware of this release. I have 1 one Pre-order and will order all future volume if the presentation is good. I love that it wil be in Hardcover format, as that will be a first for the series, my only concern is that the color pages will be still in Black & White. Sadly I could not find any info on this. If they have the color pages it will be an amazing release.

10 hours ago, Grendel said:

On another note, @extantsrevenge and other fine friends.

I was exceptionally pleased to be awarded for all my lovely Premium Edition Blus this past week.

It assuredly helps bring the community together having opportunity to share our treasures!

On that note, I was wondering what your thoughts would be on an "Anime" award of some sort?

I realize that it would be unique to perhaps only a few members but then, isn't that what awards are for? 😉

As to what type... well one idea I had was an "Aniplex" award.

Their Collector Editions are pricey, unique, and gorgeous but... 10 of them might be tricky, not sure.

Any other ideas?

Cheers!

🤗

I love the award program and it is great to see members share their fantastic collections. We cleared all the major premium labels, so now we can introduce more specific awards as well + introduce the next stages on some of the other awards. An Anime centered Award is also on my wish list so it will come 😊

• Like 1

I don’t read any manga these days. The last manga I read was Lone Wolf and Cub about 25-30 years ago.

I did pre-order the US Blu-ray releases of Mirai and A Silent Voice. The latter I’ve already seen and would highly recommend. I ordered the former just based on reputation.

Remember my interest in the Gatchman: Complete Collection? It sold out everywhere before I got around to ordering it. Apparently, a fancy Collector’s Edition release is coming out in a few months for $99.95 MSRP. Here’s hoping the price of that drops by a third....

Re: Ghibli Award, that sounds like a great idea, but not feasible for me if it’s steelbook only, unfortunately. The Zavvi Studio Ghibli steelbooks are all Region B-locked, and I haven’t picked up any of them. And I haven’t seen much in the way of Region A steelbooks recently.

• Like 2

Awards

On 12/27/2018 at 1:50 AM, Grendel said:

BLU-RAY / GALAXY EXPRESS 999 I, II (2 DISC + SCANAVO CASE)

So, as far as "new releases" go... this isn't exactly new to the world but I've heard that a new release by somebody (dang need to look up who) is coming out for this so I grabbed the NOVA copy from their Winter Festival sale for only $15usd (yep, still available too!).

Link:   http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-galaxy-express-999-i-ii-2-disc-scanavo-case/520/?cate_no=105&display_group=1

It has both films in a beautiful embossed slipcase.

And yes, it has English subs. 🙂

Gal Exp 1and 2.jpg

I think Diskotek Media released this one just recently.

• Like 1

Awards

Studio Ponoc's anthology of short films will have a Japanese English friendly Blu-ray release 03/20/19. It's on preorder at https://www.yesasia.com/global/modest-heroes-blu-ray-english-subtitled-audio-japan-version/1072207042-0-0-0-en/info.html

GKIDS have secured distribution for the US market.

Edited by Terje Iversen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
On 3/7/2019 at 2:01 PM, Steelbook_Movielover said:

I bought this 2 via amazon.co.jp and I have to say that the image quality is a lot better.

Do both have good picture quality? I read that 2 has not such great quality. I was also thinking about buying these 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 2:39 PM, extantsrevenge said:

Do both have good picture quality? I read that 2 has not such great quality. I was also thinking about buying these 🤔

The second is slightly better than the regular blu ray but the difference is not as big as with the first movie. The first is on 4K a lot better in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Hoo boy, my wallet could take a real beating this week.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this beautiful release;

Devilman Crybaby, ep. 1-10 Limited Edition box Set.

Price: Y23,913 (~ $214usd) Just a tad pricey but omg, so gorgeous! 🤩

Link:   (Amazon.jp)

Amazon

(dang it, hey @extantsrevenge, please send me a PM on how to condense 'links' please?) Ta!

Art:

DM CryBaby 1.jpg

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
13 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Nice pick-ups @Steelbook_Movielover ! Sorry I'm late to the page , heh.

I sometimes wish I had 4K (sometimes, heh) as I'm sure shows such as these would look outstanding!

Thanks for posting! 🙂

You have to get 4K, it is awesome. First I was like "What again a format change but BD is already so great, I don't want to replace again", but since they announce so many great films so fast on 4K, and all the new ones get it anyway, I did not want to wait any longer. Got it late last year and it is amazing. Braveheart in 4K (one of my favorite movies ever) absolutely amazing. But it obviously depends on the title.

Nice pick up @Grendel 👍

• Like 2

Well, I am currently watching a Panny 65" 3D Plasma that I have calibrated perfectly (with 3 settings saved) and it it performing flawlessly.

So, I can't really justify spending the coin on the type of 4K I would want, right now....😉

Also, I'd need to upgrade my receiver (which would cost BIG for what I want as well) plus a new 4K Blu player which again, won't be cheap.

I'm pretty patient, heh. I've been purchasing a number of 4K discs already though, so I'll be well prepped when the jump happens. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2