IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

Regarding my TOM 'cash back' usage.

I'm struggling VERY HARD with not ordering this immediately, as I personally think it is one of the most beautiful figs I've ever seen.

Price is intimidating ( $314 usd)  but considering the size (approx 17" tall) oh so very very nice!

I literally can't stop thinking about her; ?

Fortunately, she's not being released for almost a YEAR (Aug 2019) so I may have time to build my points yet.

Fate: Grand Order:  Avenger/Jeanne d'Arc [Alter] 1/7 Scale Figure

Link:

https://otakumode.com/shop/5b627ba6f8a4a869107a2b6f/Fate-Grand-Order-Avenger-Jeanne-d-Arc-Alter-1-7-Scale-Figure

Jeanne dArc 1.jpg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Hi @extantsrevenge and the rest of my friends;

Indeed, getting as much back in cash points is due to the current TOM "special" on right now, with 30x cash points being offered (for Premium Members).

Unfortunately, that deal ends tomorrow (30th Sep) at which time they go back to normal points reward.

Not much else I want at the moment though and they do have these type deals frequently so, by the time I want something else, hopefully another deal is on. ?

To join their Premium membership is $15usd for 4 months so not a bad deal if you purchase from them on occasion as the cash back on one large purchase is enough to redeem your investment.

As for the "Fate" series', I know nothing about them and I do realize they have been out for some time.

As I understand it, the "Grand Order" sub-series is based on their "game" which again, I know nothing about. They do have one stand alone  'tv special' released on Blu for Grand Order, Right Stuf even has an exclusive release for it put out by Aniplex. But, it has not received the best of reviews and is very pricey ($70usd for a 70 minute show).

However, I've also heard that the game, and the figures, have been selling so hot that they now plan to develop a series AND an Anime Movie for Grand Order in 2019!

I will be keeping an eye out for those and when I hear more, I'll post the info here.

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for the video @stanleydobson. I love Anime and I find it very nice that they release so many classis series here in Germany. But I find it very sad that most do not feature the original japanese language. I see all my Anime in japanese with subtitles, so sadly most of these editions are not for me. I bought the Captain Future Set, that is how a collection should be done. We get the stuff we know from the German showings (so everyone who wants to see that should be happy), but we also finally get the complete japanese version. That was really awesome to get. I wish they had done the same with Saber Rider (that is also one of my favorite from the old days), but on that only the German Version ? (I still bought it). It would be great if they include more japanese on these and present them with original Op/Ed songs and stuff, but also include the German Versions (so that no one is left out). I would love to have Blu-ray releases of the World Masterpiece series, but they currently only feature German language and have way to many episodes on 1 disc (I would never watch them in German), so no need to buy, which is sad, because they are awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

Not much to report this week as far as new purchases for myself are concerned but did want to mention this;

Today and for 2 days following, Tokyo Otaku Mode (aka TOM) is having a 40X TOM POINTS award spree happening.

Not much right now that interests me but there may be something for you to consider.

This applies to everything they sell, not just figures and films.

As for films, if you have been on the fence regarding the new Anniplex releases of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (box 1 and 2), coming soon, now would be the time...?

Do note, this applies only as a TOM Premium Member unfortunately.

I've also heard they have a mega sale planned for Black Friday next month, so that's also something to consider I suppose. ?

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

Hello Again;

Something else I suppose worth mentioning, but I'm stretching liberties listing the news here.

These two titles are not Anime but they are animated (?).

- The new Season One Blu of the series "Castlevania" is up on Amazon and a few other sights for pre-order right now!

Also;

- The animated film "Constantine: City of Demons" is also up on Amazon and other sites and is out now (I have it).

- I also bought the Deluxe edition of the new Justice League: Dark" animated show (which co-stars Constantine, with Bats and others) and it came with a small figurine of Constantine!

I don't think I could possibly recommend these too highly, if you love gothic fantasy and sorcery, heh...

Cheers!

• Like 1

Well My Friends;

So, I had to share the news, just bought this at TOM this eve, to get the 40% TOM Points.
Considering the size and beauty of the sculpt and that it's only twice as pricey as many figs with nowhere near as much detail (or beauty) I think I made a pretty good call. ?

Cost: $314usd. (free shipping thank gawd!!! since it's over $150 for basket total)

Received $126usd in TOM points.

And;

It's 16.9 inches high!

Link;
https://otakumode.com/shop/5b627ba6f...7-Scale-Figure

It will be some time before I purchase another figure and since this one in essence speaks for pretty much everything I want in a beautiful woman fantasy figure, I should be satisfied for quite some time (I hope! icon_wink.gif )

Now, gotta wait until Aug 2019 for her to arrive! ohnoes.gif

attachment.jpg

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Nice @Grendel you could not resist, but with all that cash in points it sounds like a good deal ?

Right Stuff has a new product for my ever growing Gundam Collection.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam Ultra Edition complete Boxset with extra stuff.

mobilefighterggundam

Mobile Fighter G Gundam Ultra Edition contains episodes 1-49 of the anime directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa. The physical extras include a hardback art book, Domon's headband, a Tequila Gundam shot glass, Shuffle Card Alliance patches, a G-Gundam Lanyard, and art cards all housed in an amazing chipboard box!

This Gundam series is completely different to many others, in Story and Art style but it's still a fun show to watch and it's very crazy especially in the later part ?. I will get this complete box, they also releases 2 single volumes with the series available everywhere.

Story:

"It is time for the "Gundam Fight" tournament! Each country sends a Gundam to Earth for this prestigious tournament in the hopes of winning power and glory for their homeland! But this time, there's an unseen evil lurking behind the scene. Domon Kasshu, Neo Japan's reluctant Fighter, is determined to uncover this evil and clear his family name! The fight to the top begins now!"

• Like 1

Hi there  @extantsrevenge my friend!

Thanks for the boost of faith in my fig purchase! heh heh.

I now have approx $250 usd built up in points with TOM, so any future big arsed Blu-ray Box set orders that scream BUY ME to my face I can probably afford to buy, for free!

I'm not going to just spend these hard earned points on casual stuff though. My ambition is to have enough so that any Monster sized Ultimate Edition (heh heh) comes along, I'll be ready. ?

My heartfelt congrats to you my friend on finding another GUNDAM release to add to your collection!

That is truly an INCREDIBLE set of goodies you will receive! My strongest congrats good buddy!

Unfortunately, there is FAR too much Gundam out there for me to start purchasing at this late date, as I could go broke catching up once I discover how much I would love it!

I do have my Big Mech itch scratched with something more affordable though.

I have the 3 Korean lenti box releases of the Patlabor movie series already, and the new complete OVA series "Ultimate" release coming (next month?) so I'll be well Mech'ed out for a while, heh heh.

I also received a Blu today of an older series that everyone I've chatted with loves;

- Angel Cop

I've caught a few trailers on You-tube before purchase to check it out (not enough to spoil it though) and I KNOW I'm gonna love this!

It's got a lot of cussing in it, like Black Lagoon (which I LOVE!) but it's not for my Grand-daughter this time, it's for ME!

I also received today box one of two from a friend that I purchased from. The series is called;

- Aria,  and is about some cute little girls that want to be Gondolier Pilots on an Ocean World in the future.

This one is absolutely for my girls (Daughter & Grand-daughter) and I got the entire series from a good friend in Germany (on DvD, which is absolutely fine) for only $40 usd total!!!

He's buying the new Blu-ray being put out by a "Kick-Starter" sponsor program so let these go cheap ( = Me, WINNING!!! ? )

Hmm, I think that's all the news I have for now.

All the best to the whole Anime loving group!

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel I can't wait to see what you will by for your TOM Points, that will be something awesome for sure.

Yeah Gundam has a lot, so much that even I have not waitched everything... but only because I did not like some of the new Series ? and somehow I have the feeling I still have to watch those someday so that I can say, yeah I watched them all ?.

I'm really thinking about getting this complete Patlabor Set as well, but I have so much to rewatch, so I'm not 100% sure.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

NIce @Hatori the series is awesome. I bought the Germany Single releases all with Foil Slip (not sure if those are in the box as well), paid a littel more but I sold my US Blu-ray so the German release was almost free ?. I can really recommend this series. The first adaptation was good but this second seroes is simply awesome.

• Like 1

I guess the big question @Hatori @extantsrevenge @DarthEd wrt the forthcoming KSM German box-set, is whether or not they will be getting the newly mastered Aniplex Blu-rays for it.

Considering the release date, I would think so but I have no knowledge one way or the other. ?

It's also a bit pricy for just a re-release so again, it might have the new discs.

Personally I'm sticking with the Aniplex releases offered by both TOM and Right Stuf but for a German translation, I suppose KSM would be the way to go. ?

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

You are probably correct @extantsrevenge which makes it all the more surprising they are doing this.

I mean they must know that a new re-master has been c/o and it wasn't that long ago they put out this Blu-ray set, so to what end are they doing this?

New shiny box?

I know that's the case with many other releases, and some folk will surely buy when they see a new box (ooohh! shiny!) but when you are competing with a new cut, it seems strange.

Ah well, time will tell I suppose...?

• Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
5 hours ago, Grendel said:

You are probably correct @extantsrevenge which makes it all the more surprising they are doing this.

I mean they must know that a new re-master has been c/o and it wasn't that long ago they put out this Blu-ray set, so to what end are they doing this?

New shiny box?

I know that's the case with many other releases, and some folk will surely buy when they see a new box (ooohh! shiny!) but when you are competing with a new cut, it seems strange.

Ah well, time will tell I suppose...1f642.png

I guess they are doing this to get new sales ?. Also the German market can't be compared with others as most Germans don't care for english on their releases at all and so most likely not many will even know that some new master is made.

Also where did you read that it is a new master? I have'n followed this new release at all, since I do have the German Editions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my Friends! ( @extantsrevenge, @DarthEd, @Hatori, @stanleydobson and Others!

I held off answering your last question @extantsrevenge re; new master of FMA:B  until I could verify. Well, I still don't have explicit 'proof' to point at but in my other Anime forums, I've been reading comments from those whom have received the new Aniplex editions and so far they all agree that the viewing experience is superior to previous editions.

Again, I don't (as yet) have a news release to point to, that states what they've done but folks seem to be impressed...🙂

Right Stuf has delivered most folks orders, I placed mine with TOM though and the latest seems to indicate it might be January before I see mine! 😧

Hope that proves wrong.

On a brighter note, I'd be interested to hear what folks have been selecting from some of the ongoing Black Friday sales?

Sentai has been an absolute barnstormer as of late, with some prices totally unheard of before for some sales!

Unfortunately, they don't deliver to Canada ( or overseas) so I missed out but in fact, I have a few Yankee friends that would have helped me out if there were any MUST HAVE titles.

Fortunately (for my wallet..🙂) there were none.

I would have liked to pick up the 2 "Anjin LE box sets" from them as they were dirt cheap but I can live without them.

Right Stuf has also finally started their sales, as have TOM, so I'll be going through their selections carefully .

All The Anime (UK) as well, but their shipping prices are horrendous to NA,  so I'll be very frugal at price matching anything they offer.

Let me know if you folk find any good deals, if you please!

All the best to you!

Grendel

• Like 2

Hi again folks!

Not sure if I mentioned this previous, but I finally purchased the 'Hunter' figure from TOM (pic below).

Well folk, I'm not overly impressed.

I suppose I should have done a bit more investigating before pulling the trigger.

It's a "Figma" figure from "Max Factory" and it cost me $120 Cdn.

Unfortunately, it is quite small.....🙁

I expected it to be about the size of my Knight from Dark Souls but it is at least an inch smaller.

Now the detail is lovely and it has the nice weapons to go with but sigh, to get the half-arsed decent sized fig would have cost $250+ and that's IF I could have found one available.

Alas, live and learn, n'est pas?

BB 1.jpg

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

😱 @Grendel those Sentai prices are not nice 😰, all the stuff I want I already bought and now they give them away for almost free. Space Brothers for only 4.99 a volume. I paid with shipping and import charges almost 40 Euro for each volume. I mean great for everyone who did not buy all those releases before but it really make you wonder why you even should consider buying anything for normal prices in the future.

I did see some of the Sentai releases reduced on amazon but the entire catalogue is reduce on the Sentai site (except a few Pre-Orders and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, I would be furious if that would have been reduced).

Anyway I can really recommend Chihayafuru Season 1 and 2 (the Series is one of my favorites, simply awesome). Also Knights of Sidonia is great (but as it looks only S2 available on Blu-ray on Sentai), and don't forget Clannad 😍

I did pick up Aura Battler Dunbine on amazon for 26.99 2 weeks ago (so at least that was chaeper than the current price 😅)

Anybody who was thinking of getting any of the items, should do it now.

Sorry to hear about the figure, it looks nice on the picture, but for such a price you really want something bigger 😥

• Like 1

Hello my Anime friends!

So, I haven't exactly been spending a lot of money on the Black Friday sales.

Most of what I am still interested in is only available as pre-orders.

I'm a bit miffed at not having Sentai deliver to Canada as their prices throughout their entire catalogue were insanely low!

Ah, well. I have enough money flowing out of my bank account as it is I suppose. Most certainly a lot of it due to Media Psycho GBs! heh heh. 😀

I did make one recent anime purchase though.

Managed to get Log Horizon: complete series for $33usd off of Amz.com. (reg price = $86usd). A great deal for a series I've wanted for some time!

On another note, I also ordered something that is gonna make you question my sanity (again!) but here goes;

As you tell from my Avatar, I am a HUGE fan of the film The Exorcist.

I have a number of memorabilia associated with the film, including a Poster signed by Linda Blair framed on my wall in my home theatre.

So, had to get THIS;

15 inches tall and it says 6 phrases in a VERY accurate voice from the film as well!

Yeah, It's a sickness, I know....🙂

Cheers!

Exorcist doll.jpg

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★

😂 @Grendel now that is a scary figure 😱, I would not want that in my room 👍 I bought almost nothing on Black Friday, they don't have such large price drops in Germany as they do in the USA. I guess next year I will buy less items when they come out and wait for the deals to come, with my luck all item I want are Sold Out at that time or will not have lower prices 😥

• Like 1