IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

As the title says, please feel free to post all new or old Anime Blu-ray releases in this topic. Someone might be interested ?

If you spot a Steelbook and/or Limited/Deluxe Edition which has no individual topic yet, simply start a release topic in the appropriat section or mention here (whatever you prefer).

Want to talk or show your collection you can do so here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Nice @Grendel I recently bought the German Deluxe Version of A Silent Voice, but have not seen it yet. Sadly that is not friendly to International customers, only Japanese and German on it. Since I have high hopes for this one I also already bought the Soundtrack ?

silent.jpg

I also have that Ninja Scroll Steelbook, and I have still not seen it (I bought it when it came out) on some things I'm a little behind ?.

On my back catalogue adding project I just recently made an entry for this

One small favor I have to ask you, when you post these and include a Link can please only insert the complete link in URL part and insert something like Zavvi in the descriprion only. It make for a better read through the topic. I adjusted the others.

• Like 1

Thanks much for the help and the tip @extantsrevenge !

I will indeed follow your advice wrt establishing links.

A shame "A Silent Voice" sold out so quick!

I suppose we should have anticipated that though.

There's a nice "Limited Edition" at Kimchi but Korean/Japanese only and the only thing worse than my Korean, is my Japanese...?

The German release looks very nice though, many extras?

I spent a 5 year tour of duty in Germany with the Royal Canadian Air Force, my wife and I lived in a town near Baden called "Eisental".

We were the only Canucks in the town so we had a choice either learn German quickly or not talk to anyone.

We made out pretty good! heh heh, so I could possibly grasp a bit of the dialogue in your version (?)

Also, figured you no doubt had Ninja Scroll but all I've seen is my daughter's old dvd so looking forward to this!

Cheers!

Note: Gypsy picks up the word A-s-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e as a curse word! heh heh.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Seems to be a popular movie, has very high rating on imdb and all the big anime sites. I saw that Korean release as well, but without english subtiltes it's sadly a no go.

The German Deluxe is a Digipack with Slipcase, includes an Poster and 3 Artboards, I have not opened it yet. I only open stuff when I want to watch it, in case I find another version in the meantime I want to open ?

I hope you had a good time in Germany, we're normally really nice ?

• Like 1

I had a most excellent time in Germany my friend!

I'd even say that the tour was the "highlight" of my career!

It was back in the "Cold War" days when it was all our jobs to keep the "Soviet Horde" from dominating Europe but had a very strong and warm relationship with my Landlords in the two-story house in which we lived with them and made wonderful friends with all the townsfolk neighbours!

As Eisental is in the "Vineyard Belt", everyone in town grew grapes in the surrounding vineyards and of course, made their own wine as well as selling the grapes to the Winzergenoshenshaft in Buhl.

Oh, boy, some pretty incredible parties come "harvest season" ! ?

All the best to ya!

• Like 1

Well, I just ordered Vampire Hunter D. Bloodlust from AllTheAnime as I did not want to chance missing the Collector's Edition.
I realize that 80% of their releases end up also on Amazon.uk but that's not the same as 100%, so not gonna roll the dice.
The price is GREAT, only 20 quid, but the shipping, my gawd, the shipping...
So, I spent almost an hour looking through the rest of the catalogue to toss some goodies in the basket to dampen the shipping sting.
Either everything I liked was cheaper on Amazon or sold out.
Finally selected "Martian Successor Nadesico" Coll ed. that I got cheaper than anywhere else was offering.

image.png.0430f3586162a88dc2a90292f68ea486.png
I'm loving Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star so I think I'll enjoy this as well.
Hope so.
How was your evening?

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Yep, that's the spec ed I bought @extantsrevenge.

Nice they tossed in the OVAs and the film into the box as well!

edit: you haven't yet watched the Blu?

Oh Yeah, you only collect shows, not actually watch shows....1f644.png

Simply to much stuff to watch, that's why I warned you not to buy to many shows at ones ? I also never binge watch, only 1-2 episodes a week of a series, so that also takes time.

Just recently opened my Death Note Omega Edition US Blu-ray Set. It's awesome, I really like that series.

deathnote.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, @extantsrevenge, the original series of "Deathnote" looks to be a verified classic.

I need to get that eventually.

So far I've heard that except for Willem Dafoe, the American remake is a classic DUMPSTER FIRE!

gee, who woulda thought that would happen?

look under definition of "everybody who lives outside Hollywood"

Edited by Grendel

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
22 hours ago, DarthEd said:

If anyone knows of a nice/deluxe edition of A Silent Voice on Blu-ray that is Region A or Region-free with English subtitles, I'd love to hear about it. :)

That would be cool, I have not seen the movie yet, have the German Deluxe Edition (B no english subtitles). I wanted to buy the Korea Edition, but I noticed it had no English Subtitles ? it looks cool.

silentvoice1.jpg

silentvoice2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect many know of this but felt it should probably be posted regardless:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Complete Series Collection - Deluxe Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) Blu-ray

Artwork:

image.png.d0c2d46f791fdf7049ac4d92591a64cc.png

Available now: 100 BPS (British Pounds)

Link: Zavvi

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-complete-series-collection-deluxe-edition-zavvi-exclusive/11718350.html

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grendel said:

I suspect many know of this but felt it should probably be posted regardless:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Complete Series Collection - Deluxe Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) Blu-ray

Available now: 100 BPS (British Pounds)

Link: Zavvi

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-complete-series-collection-deluxe-edition-zavvi-exclusive/11718350.html

Argh! Region B only, if Zavvi is to be believed.... I could use a nice Stand Alone Complex Blu-ray release that's Region A or Region-free.

Awards

On 6/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, DarthEd said:

Argh! Region B only, if Zavvi is to be believed.... I could use a nice Stand Alone Complex Blu-ray release that's Region A or Region-free.

Unfortunately my friend, you are about 4 months late on an awesome Kimchi release of same (in two excellent REGION A  7-disc sets).

It's possible you might luck in on EBay or some of the Asian Blu-ray retail sites though.

I bought these off Kimchi in oh, I think it was February?

This is what you should look for;

Link: Kimchi

1.) https://kimchidvd.com/en/20946/v.kimchi?searchCnd=eng_title&searchWrd=Ghost in the shell Stand Alone Complex

2.) https://kimchidvd.com/en/20947/v.kimchi?searchCnd=eng_title&searchWrd=Ghost in the shell Stand Alone Complex

Artwork:

SAC 1B.jpg

SAC 2b.jpg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1