IGNORED

UHD CLUB Ghost in the Shell 2017 (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#02) (Leather Edition) (4K UHD/3D/2D Blu-ray) [China]

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★
42 minutes ago, Morph said:

Ok, so I received my copy of UHD Club GITS. I was in the 'second wave'.

My thoughts. A stunning set to own, feels and looks ultra premium. Quality of the print on leather slip is superb. I don't know why but I expected to smell leather when I opened the seal, but alas not...it could be faux leather for all I know. I'm largely unimpressed by the scanavo cased set, it just doesn't feel like it belongs in such beautiful surroundings of the premium leather slip. I may substitute it for one of my steels. I enjoyed the Media Psychos 'extras' - a great touch.

A couple of things.... the book. The interior photos were printed very dark. To the point a fair bit of detail is missing from photos. I had access to the original studio HQ press images (where a lot of the book was sourced from) for journalists and magazines and looking at them side by side, the UHD Club book is very very dark compared to the original photos. I'm a little disappointed to be honest.

I've seen a few sealed copies (even on ebay..Grrr!) of this edition that seemed to come with a small card wraparound at the bottom of the set, I really liked this, but when my set arrived, it was simply shrink wrapped with no such card. Maybe this was just for the first 'wave' of purchasers, but I would really have liked one with my set.

To summarise. Ghost In The Shell is a movie I keep going back to. Maybe because I am a fan of the original 1996 animation, but as a stand alone, it is a work of art in its' own right. As a movie it has its' flaws, but overall it did justice to the original. Anyway, This beauty from UHD is a keeper. I'm happy except for those couple of 'niggles'...and looking forward to the Matrix.

Thanks to all involved at UHD Club and Media Psychos, in getting this superb edition to me.

@ksosk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ★ Administrators ★

Hi @Morph,

First of all, your feedback has been conveyed to UC :)

Thank you for taking the time to post that!

And, yes, UC made a batch of stock with the Chinese characters for the China market so those who has it are from that batch. 

Good news is that I'm able to get from UC ?

However, arranging for these add-ons to shipping always proves challenging because retailers tend to forget by the time the next release is prepared for shipping, so please kindly pm me again a week later to remind me ?

Love, 

KS

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ukade2327 said:

Happy .......How could you not be happy with an edition like that ... I'm more than happy with mine .....

Ummm... I only scored one copy? That is just not enough! ? It's a great release. Looking forward to SPR, now in transit... tick tock, tick tock... :D 

Awards

• 2 months later...

Archived