Jump to content
nefilim

This and That (General Discussion English Room)

Recommended Posts

@Robertm89 not yet, I have the awesome original Steelbook (including some extras 😅), the German SB, Ultimate Edition, US Set, so I wanted to wait until it is available for a lower price 🙄.

 

Are you opening this? If yes, please pictures 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Robertm89 not yet, I have the awesome original Steelbook (including some extras 😅), the German SB, Ultimate Edition, US Set, so I wanted to wait until it is available for a lower price 🙄.

 

Are you opening this? If yes, please pictures 🙏

@extantsrevenge Hahaha you have a few then. I used to have regular Blu-ray so was time to upgrade for me. It's a nice looking steelbook and has a nice little booklet inside with director interview. You know you want to add it to the collection ... 😉😉😜

IMG_20190625_121401.jpg

IMG_20190625_121414.jpg

IMG_20190625_121515.jpg

IMG_20190625_121508.jpg

IMG_20190625_121631.jpg

IMG_20190625_121540.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon all. Just on my lunch break so tryign to catch up with you all ;)

 

@Basil Pleased to hear you're loving your mats... hopefully not as much as you are enjoying Kit! Hahahaha. 

@Robertm89 I really enjoyed The Good Guys, but can't really justify this one. Scared myself this week by totting up what I have pending already..... and I only do single editions so I dread to think what you guys are racking up 🤣 Plus I have a Pop! addiction that is eating itnot he wallet. Think I need to curb this also (Stupid collectible exclusives) 🙄

I also agree with you about Blufans. Thier WEA's are 😍 (Though Manta's DP2 is Wayyyy better than BF) but some of thier slips etc. really aren't up to par with others (Nova, WeET) IMO.

@Veum I am in for Akira, and I have to admit this is a blind buy for me! This has been on my want to watch list for YEARS. Figure I may as well do it properly and "Psycho Style" 😁

@extantsrevenge As our resident Manga expert, what else would you advise to look for? I found myself watching Voltron on Netflix recently, but I am guessing this is a poor watered down kids version of what else is out there??

@Scary Hair Eh up Lass, sorry t'ear bout job 😂 I am sure there are hundred of potential employers that need a Scary Hair in thier ranks. ;)

@DodgyDave Alright fella? Did you open those FA boxes in the end? 😁 Also, do you know if we should expect Blufans DP2 in August still, and Antman & the Wasp and Solo to follow after (at some point)?

 

Cheers all! 🍻

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Robertm89 I really enjoyed The Good Guys, but can't really justify this one. Scared myself this week by totting up what I have pending already..... and I only do single editions so I dread to think what you guys are racking up 🤣 Plus I have a Pop! addiction that is eating itnot he wallet. Think I need to curb this also (Stupid collectible exclusives) 🙄

I also agree with you about Blufans. Thier WEA's are 😍 (Though Manta's DP2 is Wayyyy better than BF) but some of thier slips etc. really aren't up to par with others (Nova, WeET) IMO.

@Pbsw23 I Still didn't get around to seeing it but I'm gonna pass myself too. My pending ones add up too and I've just seen a GB for gangs of new york from nova today so I didn't even get to end of month before committing again, because that's a big fat yes from me 🤣. Totally agree with your comments there mate. Blufans just have that marvel factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good @Robertm89 👍, I guess I will end up buy this sometime 😁

 

tenor.gif

35 degrees in the shade already 😪

 

@Pbsw23 I have not seen the Voltron Netflix series, but I guess it is made more for the western marked. Anyway my first recommendation to anyone new to Anime is the Ghibli Movies, they are awesome 😍. As for anime series you can find something good to every genre that you can think of, there is so much out there 😂. I have a hard time to watch everything I want to see. But as with most stuff, there is also a lot of bad and medicore anime. From the new stuff I don't end up watching that many series from start to finish.

 

My favorite Series is Legend of the Galactic Heroes, absolute Masterpiece. When it comes to Sci-Fi I'm also a huge Gundam and Macross (Robotech) fan. One of the all time classics, that everyone should watch is Neon Genesis Evangelion, sadly the series is currently not available because of some legal issues. They did make some new movies as well, which are also good.

 

Also Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex are a good way to start. A recent series that is very good and has lots of followers is Attack on Titan. I could go on and on but it really depends on what genre you prefer and would like to check out.

 

If you're interested please vist our Anime section here, I'm sure other members also have some stuff to recommend.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

 

@Pbsw23 I have not seen the Voltron Netflix series, but I guess it is made more for the western marked. Anyway my first recommendation to anyone new to Anime is the Ghibli Movies, they are awesome 😍. As for anime series you can find something good to every genre that you can think of, there is so much out there 😂. I have a hard time to watch everything I want to see. But as with most stuff, there is also a lot of bad and medicore anime. From the new stuff I don't end up watching that many series from start to finish.

 

My favorite Series is Legend of the Galactic Heroes, absolute Masterpiece. When it comes to Sci-Fi I'm also a huge Gundam and Macross (Robotech) fan. One of the all time classics, that everyone should watch is Neon Genesis Evangelion, sadly the series is currently not available because of some legal issues. They did make some new movies as well, which are also good.

 

Also Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex are a good way to start. A recent series that is very good and has lots of followers is Attack on Titan. I could go on and on but it really depends on what genre you prefer and would like to check out.

 

If you're interested please vist our Anime section here, I'm sure other members also have some stuff to recommend.

 

Wow, Awesome! Thanks mate, I will def look some of these up. 

 

I have to admit that I gave Movie aductation of Ghost in the Shell a Wiiiiiiiiiiiiide birth after discovering that Lucy really wasn't for me. But now you mention it, I should proabably give the Anime version a look. Gundam is also another one like Akira that I has long been on my list to try, so will get on that one right away 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

 

 

@DodgyDave Alright fella? Did you open those FA boxes in the end? 😁 Also, do you know if we should expect Blufans DP2 in August still, and Antman & the Wasp and Solo to follow after (at some point)?

 

Cheers all! 🍻

 

 

 

Yes Paul, I opened the one Thor Hardbox. Just got to find a FA GotG2  Hardbox now. (got the 2 single editions).

With the other Marvel that FA have recently announced, I find I'm looking again at Hardboxes. I had stopped ordering them to a certain extent.

 

With regard to the Blufans, I have no confirmed info about them. I prefer to wait until I actually hear something from "the horses mouth", rather than comment on Social Media rumours. 

As we found with Venom, SM gossip said that there will be single editions for sale. Turns out it was like I had been warned, only the DL was available for single sale. Caused bloody havoc !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah it is nice.... 35 degrees 😮 I did hear that way was gonna get some real hot weather was on news last night. Hot weather warning. The UK is cool today. So we not getting it yet. 

 

supposed to be 31c down south thurs and 33c in london according to weather last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

14 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

You order that on there site to be sent to you ?? I know best buy don't ship over here but I take it target do?? 

 

Feel ya pain with invoices.lol 

 

Ordered BH rap and a star is born meself 

 

I order Target digibooks on here mate. But I think I’m going to stop due to the price... Captain Marvel was pretty eye watering for what it is, and that’s just 1st invoice! Will likely cost me £55 for a flipping digibook in the end. 🙈

 

Im in for 2 more which of course I will honour, but then I’m done with them after that I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

 

I order Target digibooks on here mate. But I think I’m going to stop due to the price... Captain Marvel was pretty eye watering for what it is, and that’s just 1st invoice! Will likely cost me £55 for a flipping digibook in the end. 🙈

 

Im in for 2 more which of course I will honour, but then I’m done with them after that I think. 

Yeah that's a bit pricey but then again... Once in hand you'll he happy with it. I ordered that so called premium box thing zavvi had on of captain marvel.

Be interested to see how that turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah that's a bit pricey but then again... Once in hand you'll he happy with it. I ordered that so called premium box thing zavvi had on of captain marvel.

Be interested to see how that turns out.

 

Oh did you?! I forgot about those. Will be interesting to see what people make of those. I passed purely because I’m sick of Zavvi spanking me with Marvel 😂 I cant start collecting yet another line of Zavvi Marvels. Already dreading the Imminent Thor & Avengers 4K releases.... must be strong.... 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

 

Oh did you?! I forgot about those. Will be interesting to see what people make of those. I passed purely because I’m sick of Zavvi spanking me with Marvel 😂 I cant start collecting yet another line of Zavvi Marvels. Already dreading the Imminent Thor & Avengers 4K releases.... must be strong.... 😂

Yeah they've done one for captain marvel and endgame but if they go back and start over I'm not getting them all there about £70 if I remember correctly lol. 

 

I hope there nice though. Something a bit different. Just worry about it getting to you perfect from zavvi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

 

I order Target digibooks on here mate. But I think I’m going to stop due to the price... Captain Marvel was pretty eye watering for what it is, and that’s just 1st invoice! Will likely cost me £55 for a flipping digibook in the end. 🙈

 

Im in for 2 more which of course I will honour, but then I’m done with them after that I think. 

 

 

I used to to get a digibook from Target in the earlier days when a Steelbook wasn’t always available for a film I wanted a copy of.

 

Mostly picked them up off eBay and they weren’t too pricey back then. Unfortunately over the years I have had to have a clear out to free up space or get money in for group buy commitments. The best I ever did was sell my Target The Dark Knight rises Lenticular digibook for £89 to a guy in Italy!

 

 

A9900421-AB88-470D-BF26-8423CC73386C.jpeg.973e1997c4cfc89c8a43665de1db88a9.jpeg

 

 

 

So you never know @Pbsw23 sometimes a digibook can be a good choice to go for, especially with something as collectible as Marvel 👍

 

241E6F39-1D7B-4E8A-83CB-24E888790F77.jpeg

Edited by RileyLad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About us

We are a great site committed to bringing together Collectors from all around the globe . We offer Groupbuys at Cost.  We offer many more things then your average Community. Come in and try us , we are sure you will Like us for sure.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? We are here to help in any way we can

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy