IGNORED

Sea Fog - 88Films Slipbox Blu-Ray [UK]

nefilim

9 hours ago, ksosk said:

No I have not!

Maybe @LONGTAKE has? 

Me, neither. ? 

I heard this film described the relationship in 2001 between Korea and China well, but failed to balance the genre between mellodrama and thriller. 

Thanks for tagging @ksosk. I never heard of 88 films before. ?

Awards

12 hours ago, huseyin said:

@nefilim hardly a spoiler! It’s based on true events that was in the news! Lol

Thats like me telling you the Titanic sinks in the movie Titanic. 1f602.png

It might have been in news where you live. But it wasn't in news where I live (Finland). And this hardly wasn't Titanic size news (!) ... don't you agree ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ksosk said:

Hehe. @huseyin loves Korean movies and has watched a lot of films.

I heard Taxi Driver is good, and I can't wait for a special release of Along with the Gods!!

@ksosk A Taxi Driver limited edition sold out on day one! I think it’s a pattern with Song Kang Ho movies

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

@nefilim Sorry you feel this way. What I always like about @huseyin's reviews is his passion for all the movies he features. 

We are so fortunate to see a Westerner reviews Asian movie after movie with so much commitment and positivity. 

The amount of details he put in to promote these films is fabulous. 

Hope you too can see that creating awareness for these Korean films is really what he has at heart ?

KS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, huseyin said:

@ksosk A Taxi Driver limited edition sold out on day one! I think it’s a pattern with Song Kang Ho movies

I think it's because he's considered as one of the greatest actors in Korea film history. I also feel so much emotions whenever I look at his smiling face from the movie. Plus his entertaining accents. 

Many people in here Korea trust watch or buy his movie. ?

• Like 2

Awards

5 minutes ago, ksosk said:

@nefilim Sorry you feel this way. What I always like about @huseyin's reviews is his passion for all the movies he features. 

We are so fortunate to see a Westerner reviews Asian movie after movie with so much commitment and positivity. 

The amount of details he put in to promote these films is fabulous. 

Hope you too can see that creating awareness for these Korean films is really what he has at heart 1f64f.png

KS

I have nothign against him. Truly. I just thought film was spoiled. Did not know better. I think you know that I have special place in my heart for asian movies too. Been collecting them for ages. Like I once wrote I have pretty nice collection of Hong Kong Legends dvds. Never gonna get rid of them. There were this site cdwow where you could get original region 3 asian dvds pretty cheaply. Shaw Bros Collection etc. Ordered madly from there. I think that went belly up. But me and missus have always like asian films. They have unique atmosphere and such. Hollywood could never make movies like Mr. Vampire, Bang-Rajan or Tetsuo ! So I ?anyone who appreciates asian/Korean movies too ! Make no mistake !

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nefilim said:

I have heard good things too. I haven't found any western release yet ... ?

I’m 80% certain it will get a UK release due to the success it’s had in Asia, if not there’s a HK release and I am certain FNC will do a Plain edition because of sales from the limited edition. But I’m hoping it gets a UK release

• Like 1

Awards

13 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Any comments on this film CURE [Kyua] ? will be released on April 23, 2018 - was about blind buy this one too ?! Thanks ! 1f44d.png

judge1.thumb.jpg.9aa67b9441862c94cdc5864e536c5ed8.jpg

@nefilim it’s a j-horror classsic Bong Joon Ho put it as his favourite film of all time. You should check out Kurosawa’s Creep another great Japanese thriller 

• Like 1

Awards

21 minutes ago, huseyin said:

@nefilim it’s a j-horror classsic Bong Joon Ho put it as his favourite film of all time. You should check out Kurosawa’s Creep another great Japanese thriller 

I have read about Creep. It hasn't got so great reviews as this one.

Edited by nefilim
typo