IGNORED

My Collection so far after a year.

Just now, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

@Kingpin

You have all of the Married With Children series so thats all i needed to see, fantastic collection sir.

Haha!  It's the good series with all the nice photos inside from Sony too.  

Cost me a lot more then the other set available.  

Now that I think about it I thought you would be an According To Jim fan.  

Probably my favourite series tied with Night Court and Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx Did you notice the original Batman tv dvd's from the 40's? 

I know you said you were into the animated stuff but this is classic Batman.  

IMG_20171030_140056.jpg

Oh yea, those are choice as well, But nobody taught me to hate my life better than Al Bundy, The Seinfeld is great too, Also used to have season 1 with the salt and pepper shakers. I want that terminator 1 so bad in my life 

3 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Oh yea, those are choice as well, But nobody taught me to hate my life better than Al Bundy, The Seinfeld is great too, Also used to have season 1 with the salt and pepper shakers. I want that terminator 1 so bad in my life 

FAC or the Black Baron's? 

6 hours ago, DParadigm said:

@Kingpin:wow:

that is a lot of movies. And I also noticed your HT. So much POWER 1f60d.png

Thanks.  Yeah it's a little crazy.  The 2 amplifiers for the subwoofers are in the basement so I don't hear them upstairs.  

2000 watts for each sub.  They use to be bigger when I had a basement.  

I built them myself.  

That's a friend of mine standing behind the original sub.  

IMG_20160816_174516.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Thanks.  Yeah it's a little crazy.  The 2 amplifiers for the subwoofers are in the basement so I don't hear them upstairs.  

2000 watts for each sub.  They use to be bigger when I had a basement.  

I built them myself.  

That's a friend of mine standing behind the original sub.  

IMG_20160816_174516.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Whao!!!! You build them yourself? That’s taking HT to the next level. Love it.

2 minutes ago, DParadigm said:

Whao!!!! You build them yourself? That’s taking HT to the next level. Love it.

Thanks it's a hobby.  

i've built a set of speakers in the past few years as well as 3 sets of subwoofers and 1 theater room from scratch. 

I don't mean throwing speakers in a box but proper plans, measurements and x-over design. 

I have all the parts for a no holds barred set of theater and movie speakers here but I don't have room to build them.  

If anyone is interested I can throw up some more pictures of that stuff.  

31 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Thanks it's a hobby.  

i've built a set of speakers in the past few years as well as 3 sets of subwoofers and 1 theater room from scratch. 

I don't mean throwing speakers in a box but proper plans, measurements and x-over design. 

I have all the parts for a no holds barred set of theater and movie speakers here but I don't have room to build them.  

If anyone is interested I can throw up some more pictures of that stuff.  

Yes. I am interested. Also, how long does it take you to build one set?

21 minutes ago, DParadigm said:

Yes. I am interested. Also, how long does it take you to build one set?

Subwoofers are pretty easy especially if they are sealed.  You just need to get the inner box size(air space) correct and brace it properly.  

Ported subs are tougher because you need to find out a specific tune yo are looking for and work that into the size of the port(s).  

Ported subs are also a lot larger in most cases as you can see and with a larger box the bracing is more intricate and more important.  

The big white subs I built in a couple weeks from start to finish.  

The sealed brown ones in my first pictures here I built and stained in 2 days.  

Speakers are a different story.  

I am not an electrical engineer or understand the mathematics of them so I can't design the most important part which is the x-over.  

I have had them designed to meet the specs of the speakers I am using.  

My first speakers took about a year to build from design plans to putting them into my room and even then they had no finish applied to them. 

The speakers I will build with the parts I have here took a friend of mine about a year to get the x-overs right.  

I shipped all the drivers to him across Canada and then he shipped everything back to me.  

Just the horn(waveguide) for each speaker takes about 6 months to get from Poland. 

I have 3 of them and they cost me almost $2100 alone.  

X-over materials $1800.

6 x 15" JBL woofers $1900.

Construction will cost between $600-$3000 depending if I go with wood or have the boxes built out of 1/2" aluminum like I want.  

It's an expensive build but we are talking speakers that equal the best that's out there like the M2 from JBL.  

I will start a thread in the home theater section with everything I have done maybe today sometime.  

I will tag you there when I do.  

Thanks for the interest. 

On 3/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, Kingpin said:

Subwoofers are pretty easy especially if they are sealed.  You just need to get the inner box size(air space) correct and brace it properly.  

Ported subs are tougher because you need to find out a specific tune yo are looking for and work that into the size of the port(s).  

Ported subs are also a lot larger in most cases as you can see and with a larger box the bracing is more intricate and more important.  

The big white subs I built in a couple weeks from start to finish.  

The sealed brown ones in my first pictures here I built and stained in 2 days.  

Speakers are a different story.  

I am not an electrical engineer or understand the mathematics of them so I can't design the most important part which is the x-over.  

I have had them designed to meet the specs of the speakers I am using.  

My first speakers took about a year to build from design plans to putting them into my room and even then they had no finish applied to them. 

The speakers I will build with the parts I have here took a friend of mine about a year to get the x-overs right.  

I shipped all the drivers to him across Canada and then he shipped everything back to me.  

Just the horn(waveguide) for each speaker takes about 6 months to get from Poland. 

I have 3 of them and they cost me almost $2100 alone.  

X-over materials $1800.

6 x 15" JBL woofers $1900.

Construction will cost between $600-$3000 depending if I go with wood or have the boxes built out of 1/2" aluminum like I want.  

It's an expensive build but we are talking speakers that equal the best that's out there like the M2 from JBL.  

I will start a thread in the home theater section with everything I have done maybe today sometime.  

I will tag you there when I do.  

Thanks for the interest. 

Yes, please tag me after you do. That white Sub is dope, buddy. I can imagine the power it pounds in your room. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived