IGNORED

Terminator Genisys - 4K Ultra HD - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

nefilim

this artwork is gash just like the world war z, zavvi loves to pump out garbage and at that price tag super easy pass £30 for a boring stand alone steelbook of a film that I have the best edition release so far IMO from HDzeta imagine if zavvi did priemium releases you would be looking at £60-70-80 a release if not more keep up the bad work zavvi why change a habit of a life time lol 

Awards

10 minutes ago, Luvsteels said:

this artwork is gash just like the world war z, zavvi loves to pump out garbage and at that price tag super easy pass £30 for a boring stand alone steelbook of a film that I have the best edition release so far IMO from HDzeta imagine if zavvi did priemium releases you would be looking at £60-70-80 a release if not more keep up the bad work zavvi why change a habit of a life time lol 

Agreed complete garbage again and just a typical of Zavvi churning out past titles as cheaply as possible, all they think about is $$$ instead of collectors these days.

I Fully get a company needs to make money that’s the whole point but they are just in it for the money unlike others who are in it to please customers with something you can’t get anywhere else aswell as making money there has to be a balance I feel I know most prob still use zavvi as we are limited In the Uk to what’s Availble but 9 times out of 10 I could import the same steel for cheaper it’s even the same with exclusives you can get the 4k version of a film in steel from zavvi eg guardians 2 or the 3D about £25-£33,  Best Buy 4k 3D 2D in one steel I paid £30 with shipping zavvi squeeze collectors most others don’t right im done ranting 

Awards

32 minutes ago, Luvsteels said:

20 minutes ago, Rograt said:

Agreed complete garbage again and just a typical of Zavvi churning out past titles as cheaply as possible, all they think about is $$$ instead of collectors these days.

I understand where you guys are coming from but not everybody can afford to be a premium collector. 

I think if you would ask the average person they would think we are crazy for what we pay for some of the stuff we get. 

Hell, some people can barely even afford a $20 SB and wait until they are dwon to $10-12.  

1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

I understand where you guys are coming from but not everybody can afford to be a premium collector. 

I think if you would ask the average person they would think we are crazy for what we pay for some of the stuff we get. 

Hell, some people can barely even afford a $20 SB and wait until they are dwon to $10-12.  

Hi agree wholeheartedly with you KP but there are older and sometimes cheaper non premium versions of this available (not 4k but who's really bothered as many normal blu rays look as good if not better as 4k on todays upscaling tv's) which look a million times better with a lot more thought and worth gone into them so as a collector on a limited budget I would be going for them still instead of this as there is absolutely no thought gone into it other than a quick buck.

Im getting WWZ just because its WWZ im not proud of myself but some movies i really like i try to collect all the steel releases. The artwork on this collection is pretty naff but a new collector on a budget will probably enjoy it. There was another collection released not so long ago with basic terrible artwork but a lot of new collectors on Twitter was excited about it cuz it ment they could pick up steel titles they had missed and was now to expensive to buy! 

81bD-gGSHiL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.e3f2f10a502e9ca13375b8bea7c13044.jpg816xhMhgNzL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.08d985cf54efacee780880e447058555.jpg

1 hour ago, Rograt said:

Hi agree wholeheartedly with you KP but there are older and sometimes cheaper non premium versions of this available (not 4k but who's really bothered as many normal blu rays look as good if not better as 4k on todays upscaling tv's) which look a million times better with a lot more thought and worth gone into them so as a collector on a limited budget I would be going for them still instead of this as there is absolutely no thought gone into it other than a quick buck.

Uh oh you can't say that.  ?

I agree with you on that point to an extent. 

Here is my reasoning. 

If you are watching 4k on a tv under 50" from 8' away I think all as you will notice is a colour difference.  

But if you are watching it on a 70" screen you will definitely notice a difference in not only colour but texture and detail. 

Once you start moving into actual screens and a projector at 100" or larger it becomes quite obvious.  

12 minutes ago, Steelbookzombie said:

Im getting WWZ just because its WWZ im not proud of myself but some movies i really like i try to collect all the steel releases. The artwork on this collection is pretty naff but a new collector on a budget will probably enjoy it. There was another collection released not so long ago with basic terrible artwork but a lot of new collectors on Twitter was excited about it cuz it ment they could pick up steel titles they had missed and was now to expensive to buy! 

I'm the same.  I will buy everything I can find if it's a movie I like.  

Like I am collecting as many different Karate Kid(original series) multipacks, trilogies, and different artwork as possible. 

I also have an issue where I hate incompleteness.  

That SB series you are talking about I bought all 10 because I couldn't fathom the thought of not having the whole collection.  :D

In the end it's buy what you like and makes you happy.  

1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

Uh oh you can't say that.  1f602.png

I agree with you on that point to an extent. 

Here is my reasoning. 

If you are watching 4k on a tv under 50" from 8' away I think all as you will notice is a colour difference.  

But if you are watching it on a 70" screen you will definitely notice a difference in not only colour but texture and detail. 

Once you start moving into actual screens and a projector at 100" or larger it becomes quite obvious.  

Yup totally agree re. the screen size but of course most mere mortals will probably be 50-65" I'm guessing!

There's been big discussions elsewhere on about the HD v UHD and on normal TV's they say a standard blu ray can have by far better colour rendering and details compared to UHD but that's not my opinion as I can't personally compare these days ;):)

15 hours ago, Rograt said:

Exactly my point quick cash that’s all zavvis game is. that terminator £30 I paid I think £37 for the HDzeta priemium beast of a package £7 more it’s really not a whole lot if you can afford £30 fot that steel what’s another £7 for the nuts of you are an avid collector, my whole point is zavvi over price basic steels that should be bargain bin steels

Awards

12 hours ago, Rograt said:

Yup totally agree re. the screen size but of course most mere mortals will probably be 50-65" I'm guessing!

There's been big discussions elsewhere on about the HD v UHD and on normal TV's they say a standard blu ray can have by far better colour rendering and details compared to UHD but that's not my opinion as I can't personally compare these days ;):)

I got 65" and I can see the difference. (or I tell myself I can see - I have to see LOL.) But have to sit or lay on the couch a bit closer to tv. But that's no problem ...

1 hour ago, nefilim said:

I got 65" and I can see the difference. (or I tell myself I can see - I have to see LOL.) But have to sit or lay on the couch a bit closer to tv. But that's no problem ...

I got 65 too and honestly there's not one 4k movie that I've been truly blown away with and all my standard blu rays look just as good to my old naked eye lol I watched blade runner 2019 in HD then watched it again in 4k (can't watch at same time!) within a few minutes I released it was no way as good as the 1080p version the colours and details were off all imho though!

19 minutes ago, Rograt said:

I got 65 too and honestly there's not one 4k movie that I've been truly blown away with and all my standard blu rays look just as good to my old naked eye lol I watched blade runner 2019 in HD then watched it again in 4k (can't watch at same time!) within a few minutes I released it was no way as good as the 1080p version the colours and details were off all imho though!

Blasphemy !

?

...maybe my gear is just plain and simple better ?

? ?

(who am I foolin)

4 minutes ago, Rograt said:

Told you my latest LG is poop :( It's driving me crazy but I'm stuck with it because I can't see a way out without spending an absolute fortune :(

I got LG too. I DO NOT want to know what model you got ... it might be same as I got ... ?

It's ok I won't tell ;) I've had LG for years and did tonnes of research before buying, fat lot of good that did. the black levels and clouding when watching a dark movie in a dim lit room are the worst I ever ever seen in my life. Gutted as retailers have reduced the TV so much since I bought it 6 months ago I would barely get 30% back if I sold it :(

10 minutes ago, Rograt said:

It's ok I won't tell ;) I've had LG for years and did tonnes of research before buying, fat lot of good that did. the black levels and clouding when watching a dark movie in a dim lit room are the worst I ever ever seen in my life. Gutted as retailers have reduced the TV so much since I bought it 6 months ago I would barely get 30% back if I sold it :(

Ok put me outta my misery ... what model is it .. that is if you want ...

Archived