Jump to content
IGNORED

Hello from MrsR :)


Mrs.Robinson
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there, my dear fellow movie (and other) enthusiasts and collectors ?

 

giphy.gif

 

I got familiar with Psychos via Instagram and then the forum was also recommended by a friend, so of course I decided to join ;)

 

Collecting movies on VHS and regular visits to videostores was a family thing, so I guess that is how it all began for me. I've been collecting premiums and collector's editions for over 17 years now and grew quite a lovely collection. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for proper display options :( 

 

I am into creative, innovative packaging desgins - sounds a bit shallow, I know, haha, but I really like the look and the feel of various textures/materials used, and I am always intrigued by what kind of cover art we will be served next. I love mediabooks/digibooks/digipaks and premium steelbooks, especially the ones with quality lenticulars (but I did choose Kimchi's 5th element fullslip over the lenti ;) ).

 

I deeply love everything from slashers, thrillers, sci-fi, British period dramas to Disneys, so my ''top charts'' often look a bit silly. Also, I often see that my movie ratings are just the opposite of what 'tomatoes' say :P:D 

My all-time favourite pieces include the Middle Earth collection,  the Thai LOTR wooden chest, and the Hogwarts castle HP collection. Massive fanasty genre fan, so 'book lover' also comes with the package. 

 

Last seen:

Last TV Series: Godless 9.3/10 (I love westerns!), next up: Jamestown

Last TV: Brimstone 7.6/10, next up: Brawl in cell block 99

 

To conclude - very happy to be here, and I really look forward to exploring the Media Psychos Ward ;)

 

Edited by Mrs.Robinson
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

  • ★ Administrators ★
Just now, Mrs.Robinson said:

I am into creative, innovative packaging desgins - sounds a bit shallow, I know, haha, but I really like the look and the feel of various textures/materials used, and I am always intrigued by what kind of cover art we will be served next. I love mediabooks/digibooks/digipaks and premium steelbooks,

Woot! You're not alone ?

Welcome!!!

 

It will be fun to have you with us in our threads discussing those lovely packagings ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, ksosk said:

Woot! You're not alone 1f609.png

Welcome!!!

 

It will be fun to have you with us in our threads discussing those lovely packagings 1f601.png

 

I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am to hear that! :D haha

Yes, yes, yes, I swoon over them as if they were Jason Momoa in the flesh! ? (yes, I can't wait for Aquaman, even though I'm more into Marvel by default).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

@Mrs.Robinson

 

Brimstone

Movie with Guy Pearce ? Been wanting too see it since it came out. Guy is The Man !!!

 

Brawl in cell block 99

Want to see it desperately. Love Bone Tomahawk  (you do know there's cool UK steelbook) and waithing for Dragged Across Concrete.

 

Excellent taste ?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

I am into creative, innovative packaging desgins - sounds a bit shallow, I know, haha, but I really like the look and the feel of various textures/materials used, and I am always intrigued by what kind of cover art we will be served next. I love mediabooks/digibooks/digipaks and premium steelbooks, especially the ones with quality lenticulars (but I did choose Kimchi's 5th element fullslip over the lenti ;) ).

 

 

 

Awesome intro MrsR :) Yes s** if the movies ok it's those darn packaging that gets me everytime!!

 

Big fantasy fan too, love all things fantasy esp. Tolkien ;)  I even have a few custom leatherbound 1st editions from the great guy too :)

 

Looking forward to seeing you collection and welcome to the ward.. I'm sure you will fit in just perfect ;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, nefilim said:

@Mrs.Robinson

 

Brimstone

Movie with Guy Pearce ? Been wanting too see it since it came out. Guy is The Man !!!

 

Brawl in cell block 99

Want to see it desperately. Love Bone Tomahawk  (you do know there's cool UK steelbook) and waithing for Dragged Across Concrete.

 

Excellent taste 1f44d.png

 

Yeah, that's the one! It has its heavy moments, ones that make you wonder why would anyone even film that (seriously, it was much easier for me to watch Bone Tomahawk, which I also loved very much, Mr Kurt is daaaa man), but overall quite good. King of the North & The Red Woman are also in it, mind you ;) And the way the story is told is also quite compelling - worry not, I will not spoil it for you ;) But do watch it.

Sure I know the UK steelbook for Bone! Sadly, I don't have it (priorities still lie in those insanely expensive premiums for which we're still willing to pay, haha).

 

I'm watching Brawl tonight. I prefer Vaughn in serious roles (not having 2nd season of True Detective in mind, I'm pretending that never happened).

 

Thank you, haha, but like I said, I also adore films many others hate or would never watch, but I have my reasons for loving them and that's good enough for me ;) Like Kate and Leopold - it's a silly little rom-com-drama, but just imagine you're looking at Wolverine/Logan with a clean shave and a haircut, doing a Victorian era dance routine and Sabertooth/Victor Creed hillraiously falling into an elevator shaft! I mean, those two are just too precious. Btw, also loved Liev's Ray Donovan character. Pretty awesome dude.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

1 hour ago, Rograt said:

 

 

Awesome intro MrsR :) Yes s** if the movies ok it's those darn packaging that gets me everytime!!

 

Big fantasy fan too, love all things fantasy esp. Tolkien ;)  I even have a few custom leatherbound 1st editions from the great guy too :)

 

Looking forward to seeing you collection and welcome to the ward.. I'm sure you will fit in just perfect ;)

 

Aw, mighty kind of you to say, and thanks for the welcome!

Haha, oh yes... Sad (or glad) to say, I have a few editions, bought solely for the packaging, even if I'm not too crazy about the movie itself... 

 

Oh sweet, I LOVE Master Tolkien as well! I am still in the process of getting the nicest collector's editions (books), so for now I keep my paperbacks (translations only) close, but have my buy-now-finger ready for when I see something special ;) Oh that sounds hot - if I search the forum, are there any chances of me finding any pics of those leatherbound editions you're referring to? ;)

 

Btw, are you getting the upcoming releases of LOTR soundtrack? The red vinyls? ;) My gosh, those are so gorgeous!

 

I am waiting for a chance to set up a proper movie room, for now only the non-exclusive releases are on the shelves in two or three rows per shelf. It ain't a very pretty nor organized sight, I can tell you that, so I'll post pics of my collection once it's all good and ready to be adored, hahaha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

1 hour ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

Unfortunately, I am still waiting for proper display options :( 

 

You are not alone in that aspect. With so many great editions and movies out that, the display options and space allocation are constantly my challenges. LOL

 

Welcome to MP @Mrs.Robinson. We can't wait to see the pictures of your collections. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, DParadigm said:

 

You are not alone in that aspect. With so many great editions and movies out that, the display options and space allocation are constantly my challenges. LOL

 

Welcome to MP @Mrs.Robinson. We can't wait to see the pictures of your collections. :) 

 

@DParadigm It is a terrible terrible thing... Especially, when I need to keep the nicest things boxed up and waiting for a chance to shine. But it's all only temporary. I'm afraid you'll need to wait for those pics for quite some time, but it'll happen ;) 

And thank you! :D 

Edited by Mrs.Robinson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

26 minutes ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

Oh sweet, I LOVE Master Tolkien as well! I am still in the process of getting the nicest collector's editions (books), so for now I keep my paperbacks (translations only) close, but have my buy-now-finger ready for when I see something special ;) Oh that sounds hot - if I search the forum, are there any chances of me finding any pics of those leatherbound editions you're referring to? ;)

 

Oh no sorry they are not on here :( They are stored away somewhere in the loft I do get them out every so often and unwrap them for a touchy, feely, smelly session so next time I do that I will take some pics too ;)

 

27 minutes ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

Btw, are you getting the upcoming releases of LOTR soundtrack? The red vinyls? ;) My gosh, those are so gorgeous!

 

 

Yes they do indeed look truly juicy to add to the collection.. I do try to stay away from current releases of anything Tolkien, I much prefer the original classic things from yesteryear..however I may make an exception for those lovely editions ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • ★ Administrators ★

@Mrs.Robinson thanks so much for taking the time and make such a great introduction ?

 

giphy.gif

 

I'm also a hugh Fantasy (and almost every other Genre) Fan, I love LotR. I have the first release of the complete Recordings you mentioned. Really happy that they finally rerelease them, my brother was waiting to get them as well. My favorite Movie Soundtracks ?

 

I have the same problem you have, simply not enough room. At the moment new editions are only placed on the floor (I simply have no room anymore ? But I guess that is the problem most collectors share. The other one being spending so much money.

 

Premium Editions are really cool and I buy a lot of those as well, but my main wish would be that every movie I love get's at least a regular Steelbook release. I love that packaging option. Speaking of Digibooks and other Special Editions, we have a cool section about these as well. Maybe you find something you like.

 

Anyway, great to have you here, hope you enjoy your stay ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

 

Yeah, that's the one! It has its heavy moments, ones that make you wonder why would anyone even film that (seriously, it was much easier for me to watch Bone Tomahawk, which I also loved very much, Mr Kurt is daaaa man), but overall quite good. King of the North & The Red Woman are also in it, mind you ;) And the way the story is told is also quite compelling - worry not, I will not spoil it for you ;) But do watch it.

Sure I know the UK steelbook for Bone! Sadly, I don't have it (priorities still lie in those insanely expensive premiums for which we're still willing to pay, haha).

 

I'm watching Brawl tonight. I prefer Vaughn in serious roles (not having 2nd season of True Detective in mind, I'm pretending that never happened).

 

Thank you, haha, but like I said, I also adore films many others hate or would never watch, but I have my reasons for loving them and that's good enough for me ;) Like Kate and Leopold - it's a silly little rom-com-drama, but just imagine you're looking at Wolverine/Logan with a clean shave and a haircut, doing a Victorian era dance routine and Sabertooth/Victor Creed hillraiously falling into an elevator shaft! I mean, those two are just too precious. Btw, also loved Liev's Ray Donovan character. Pretty awesome dude.

 

 

Brawl is the first Vince Vaughn movie I have seen him in a serious role.  I like what I saw.  

I am in the same boat with liking movies others hate.  

Corny, cheesy, feel good movies are my favourites.  

Early Michael J. Fox movies like "Secret Of My Success", "For Love or Money, "Greedy" I can never get enough of.  

The original Karate Kid series is corny as all hell but it's my favourite movie series ever produced. 

Also a sucker for romantic comedies or simple boy-meets-girl movies.  But I will never admit that publicly. 

 

Welcome to Mediapsycho's and enjoy yourself. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 2/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, Mrs.Robinson said:

My all-time favourite pieces include the Middle Earth collection,  the Thai LOTR wooden chest, and the Hogwarts castle HP collection. Massive fanasty genre fan, so 'book lover' also comes with the package. 

 

 

 

Hi there @Mrs.Robinson!

 

Great intro! I'm super jealous of that Middle Earth Collection....really wish I could grab one but they're soooo pricey. Around $500 last time I checked was what they were going for. ? Ah well...Maybe some day. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

15 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Mrs.Robinson thanks so much for taking the time and make such a great introduction 1f44d.png

 

giphy.gif

 

I'm also a hugh Fantasy (and almost every other Genre) Fan, I love LotR. I have the first release of the complete Recordings you mentioned. Really happy that they finally rerelease them, my brother was waiting to get them as well. My favorite Movie Soundtracks 1f60d.png

 

I have the same problem you have, simply not enough room. At the moment new editions are only placed on the floor (I simply have no room anymore 1f61e.png But I guess that is the problem most collectors share. The other one being spending so much money.

 

Premium Editions are really cool and I buy a lot of those as well, but my main wish would be that every movie I love get's at least a regular Steelbook release. I love that packaging option. Speaking of Digibooks and other Special Editions, we have a cool section about these as well. Maybe you find something you like.

 

Anyway, great to have you here, hope you enjoy your stay 1f60a.png

@extantsrevenge So lovely to hear that! :D Oh you have them?! Wow, those are remarkable, you're a lucky man ;) 

I saw those threads, yes, thank you ;) Reading stuff, bit by bit, no rush.

Thank you, great to be here and thank you for the lovely welcome!?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

14 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Brawl is the first Vince Vaughn movie I have seen him in a serious role.  I like what I saw.  

I am in the same boat with liking movies others hate.  

Corny, cheesy, feel good movies are my favourites.  

Early Michael J. Fox movies like "Secret Of My Success", "For Love or Money, "Greedy" I can never get enough of.  

The original Karate Kid series is corny as all hell but it's my favourite movie series ever produced. 

Also a sucker for romantic comedies or simple boy-meets-girl movies.  But I will never admit that publicly. 

 

Welcome to Mediapsycho's and enjoy yourself. 

 

@Kingpin Same here. Absolutely the same! I never took Vaughn very seriously, but after yesterday, he made me a believer ;)

Hahaha, oh you are?! :D Neat! I LOVE Michael J. Fox in everything (Frighteners, Teen Wolf being my faves next to the ones you already mentioned, and BTTF naturally). Karate Kid was awesome. What do you mean it's corny? ??? ;) I love '80s films in general, there's just this good feeling about them, even the horror flicks were cute then.

Oh, I love your style, especially when you're (not) confessing, haha!

Thank you for the nice welcome, I sure will!

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

 

Hi there @Mrs.Robinson!

 

Great intro! I'm super jealous of that Middle Earth Collection....really wish I could grab one but they're soooo pricey. Around $500 last time I checked was what they were going for. 1f62b.png Ah well...Maybe some day. 

@Sheikah Hello!! :D 

Aw, thank you very much, I didn't think it would even get read more than maybe once or twice, haha. 

Middle Earth set truly is a piece of art, and with the OST being re-issued, I dare hope all those pieces together will make a darn fine collection... now I just have to figure out a way to afford those vinyls haha... I sincerely hope you get a fair price on this set soon - I waited for a very... very, very long time for the wooden chest to appear, and one day it just happened, it was back in stock (got a PM from a fellow member in the middle of the day, while working, I'll never forget the adrenaline while I rushed to order the last copy). This is how I now wait for the Japanese Godfather trilogy DVD digi wooden box to find its way to me hahaha. And Lost, the 'island' set... And the Deluxe Book of Shadows. Those three I am still missing and will never forgive myself for not getting them when they were still available. Hoping for a price drop isn't always the best idea, it turns out, haha.

So, fingers crossed you get your set on your shelf soon, all minty mint and gorgeous! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy