IGNORED

Lost in Space

nefilim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Started this yesterday. On episode 7 now. 

It's fine. It's nothing too special- I'm not dying to recommend it to anyone. 

The production values are astounding and most episodes I have seen this far have all been well directed. 

The first episode has a bit of a jankiness to it that is accompanied by an inherent shallowness because each character is thrust in to danger before you really get a chance to care for them.
Episodes 2-4 are a significant improvement. 

Umm... Watch it, I guess? If you're interested? If you miss it- then... it doesn't really matter. 

Awards

8 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

@FN-2187 I watched this out of curiosity ,  I saw the original TV series when it was  aired way back when, late 60's early 70's in B/W ... .....I quite enjoyed this new take on it  ........the robot is rather cool .... like you say nothing to write home about but worth a watch if there's nothing else.

I mean- that's kind of the point of what I was saying. 
The show is fine. But it wouldn't take precedent over literally any other moderately competent show that's out there.

There are a plethora of series' that I would recommend- and nearly every show imaginable would fall under a higher priority than Lost In Space. 
Lost in Space is alright- but there's no real discernible.... 'intrigue' to it. There's no clever twist on the genre, the characters aren't compelling enough to hold their own outside of the production values of the series, and the plot doesn't really spread beyond "Mechanical Problem Arises" -> "Fix Mechanical Problem". 

Again the show is entertaining but... yeah, if there is LITERALLY nothing else on your TV series watch list, then watching Lost In Space is better than staring at a blank TV screen. :P

Awards

Archived