IGNORED

Hi from Poland

one69chev

I am an American living and working in Poland and have a passion for good films, Batman, toys and collectibles, much to my wife's dismay.  On the plus side, my kids are now into steelbooks, so collecting has recently become something I can share with them.  I am looking forward to becoming part of the community ?.

Hi @one69chev!

Thanks for posting an intro! I'm a fellow American, currently live in Florida. How long have you lived in Poland for? Do you enjoy it there? 

And I know how hard this question can be, but do you have a single favorite piece in your entire collection that you're proudest of and if so, what is it?! Don't be afraid to post up photos too if you want to! Everyone here loves drooling over other peoples collections! ??

Awards

Yeah, no worries, thank you for the response.  It will be 4 years this June for us in Poland; we love it...the culture, the people, the history.  It is such a beautiful, undiscovered place in Europe.  The language is a tough one for sure, but the majority of people I interact with are very gracious as I fumble through speaking Polish.

In terms of my collection, it is a bit hard to say at the moment, most of it is in the States, but if I had to choose, I would say my current favorite is the Shaun of the Dead Mondo steelbook I picked up recently.  It changes with my mood of course and not having a proper Batcave here makes collecting a challenge, but I do love a nice steel.

I did bring quite a few Blu rays with me when we moved...vacuum sealed in my luggage, lol.  I am working here long term, but with Social Security and tax laws, we have to go back every 5 years or so and spend a minimum of 6 months in the U.S.  One benefit for sure has been having access to some cool non U.S. versions of my favorite movies.

16 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@one69chev great to have you join us. I'm sure you will find many like minded people here. You specifically mentioned Batman, that is cool. I'm a hugh Batman Fan myself. I think he is the best Superhero ever created 1f60a.png Do you also collect the comics?

I definitely heart the Dark Knight....I have been collecting comics since I was a kid in the '80's (dating myself a bit there, but wth).  Like most of my movies, all of my Batman comics and toys, along with my other DC Comics are packed up in the States.  I am patiently waiting until I can once again construct a worthy Batcave, but that will probably be a few years from now; until then, the Caped Crusader hides patiently in the shadows, dutifully protecting my mom's spare room ?.

1 minute ago, one69chev said:

I definitely heart the Dark Knight....I have been collecting comics since I was a kid in the '80's (dating myself a bit there, but wth).  Like most of my movies, all of my Batman comics and toys, along with my other DC Comics are packed up in the States.  I am patiently waiting until I can once again construct a worthy Batcave, but that will probably be a few years from now; until then, the Caped Crusader hides patiently in the shadows, dutifully protecting my mom's spare room 1f61c.png.

As a huge batman fan, which actor do you think has played him the best? (live action)

Awards

Just now, Sheikah said:

As a huge batman fan, which actor do you think has played him the best? (live action)

Wow, that is tough.  I definitely liked Bale's Batman as the best all around, even with the 'Batvoice', but I really liked Affleck in BvS; that fight scene towards the end of the film for me was the moment I had been waiting to see.  I wish the movie had been better, but I can watch that particular scene and still be thrilled.  I liked him in JL as well, but for my money, the Nolan trilogy is hard to beat. 

How about you?

1 hour ago, one69chev said:

Wow, that is tough.  I definitely liked Bale's Batman as the best all around, even with the 'Batvoice', but I really liked Affleck in BvS; that fight scene towards the end of the film for me was the moment I had been waiting to see.  I wish the movie had been better, but I can watch that particular scene and still be thrilled.  I liked him in JL as well, but for my money, the Nolan trilogy is hard to beat. 

How about you?

I'd definitely say I enjoyed Christian Bale's version the best. I didn't really mind the "batvoice". Is there anyone in particular you think should play Batman next? Seeing as how Affleck isn't doing it anymore?

Awards

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

I'd definitely say I enjoyed Christian Bale's version the best. I didn't really mind the "batvoice". Is there anyone in particular you think should play Batman next? Seeing as how Affleck isn't doing it anymore?

Yeah, another good question.  Honestly I don't know who I would like to see don the cape and cowl; I never thought I would like Affleck, but he surprised me and enjoyed his take on the role.  I don't care for how WB handles/interferes with their movie franchises, but so far I have been happy about their choice of actors.  Now if we can just get a decent Green Lantern, I'll be happy.

20 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I'm a new member myself but I still wish you a warm welcome!

Have you perchance discovered any "Premium Case" Blu-ray retailers in Poland?

Cheers!

Cheers mate.  So far I have found steelbooks and collector's editions at the usual outlets...Saturn, Media Markt or Empik, but nothing I would call "premium" exactly.  I try to find those via Groupbuys on sites like this one.

Welcome to the boards as well!

6 hours ago, nefilim said:

Hi and Welcome ! 1f44d.png

Do yourself & your family a favour and take a ferry cross the baltic sea and visit Finland ! The Best country in wor...eh... Europe ! 1f602.png

Have you traveld Europe a lot ?

Cheers,

Nef

Ps. Yes, I'm from Finland...1f61c.png

Cheers mate.  Thanks for the welcome!  We have done some traveling, but mostly in the countries around Poland.  Scandinavia and Finland, of course ?, is high on our list of places to visit (my mother's family is Norwegian), but that trip is not going to happen for a little while.  Of course you are more than welcome to visit Poland as well!

8 hours ago, Sicksol said:

source.gif.ee4a63ab1aad4a21c0ac7ba98eddd97a.gif

I would love to travel and explore Europe as I am Polish and German My moms maiden name is Sokolowski. For the record I enjoyed Val Kilmers batman. 

Thanks for the cool welcome.  Sokolowski is a neat name, the root is the Polish word for falcon, 'sokol'.  The area that we live in used to be Germany before WWII, so a lot of the towns and villages around us have 2 names, one in Polish and one in German.  It is a great place to visit and explore, especially if you have Polish roots.

Archived