Jump to content
Tristan_Wang

Prefix-WCL WCL (World Cinema Library) series list

Recommended Posts

On 11/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, R1s1ngs0n said:

Dirty Harry 

Once Upon A Time In The West (only a 2001: ASO type of edition can do it justice)


@Tristan_Wang

For your kind consideration 😊
 

I know this has been posted for months , BUT i too would like to see these added to the WCL collection if possible.  I also agree that Once upon a time in the West can only be justified as a release like 2001 was !

 

Thanks my friend !

 

@Tristan_Wang

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2020 at 1:23 AM, Masterblaster said:

I know this has been posted for months , BUT i too would like to see these added to the WCL collection if possible.  I also agree that Once upon a time in the West can only be justified as a release like 2001 was !

 

Thanks my friend !

 

@Tristan_Wang

haha , i know , if i could, definitely deserve thick box like 2001 aso. but this film never release any edition (vhs, ld, vcd, dvd) in china. so HEAT first, it is like 2001 aso. Maybe you have see the pics of HEAT (very possible the last one 20 century fox production film). Now I still try to get some chinese classics and SILENT FILM.

 

On 2/20/2020 at 3:14 AM, wmcguire18 said:

Tristan 

 

What about A TOUCH OF SIN or BLACK COAL, THIN ICE?

very sad, a touch of sin is forbidden in china too.

and black coal, thin ice, do you know it is a cut version in china, shorter than berlinale version. and very pity, copyright holder doesn't admit that and won't give me longer version.

same situation like this director's new title "the wild goose lake". very stupid studio.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly we give suggestions but I will buy ANY Diskino WCL release of a Chinese film because the titles have been great and no one else is releasing them. I would like more period action and swordsmen films if possible but just keep doing these. I'm showing them to all my friends and we're discovering these movies for the first time.

 

Diskino is my favorite company right now

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just joined this forum to be involved with future groupbuys. The work you are doing is incredible, the quality of restoration of these 5th generation Chinese films is very moving.

I'm curious if there's any interest in releasing the films of Wu Tianming (吴天明)? Particularly Life(人生), Old Well (老井) and The King of Masks (变脸)?
These films have not had good video releases in the past. Most have never been released in the US, but King of Masks is presented cropped pan-and-scan in American releases :( They deserve Blu-ray with beautiful packaging like you've given to director Wu's produced films.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Hi there @Koi999;

 

Late in 2019, @ksosk was investigating the possibility of getting a Premium release for "Red Cliff".

To my knowledge, nothing as yet has come of that but I too would dearly love to see it get the 'Royal Treatment'. 🥰

 

And while we are tossing out wish lists for Asian films, I would so dearly love to see "Memoirs Of A Geisha" get the Premium treatment I feel it so richly deserves. 🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Grendel ,

I half expected someone to tell me Red Cliff had already been released and I'd missed it. Its good to know it could be a possible future release. I dont think at approaching 5hrs long  movies come much more epic! 

I haven't actually seen Memoirs of a geisha, but its now another one to go on the list!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you have shown interest in a few Asian films @Koi999, I thought I'd mention, NOVA and Kimchi have both just placed open for pre-order;

Farewell My Concubine in a very lovely Scanavo case with a gorgeous outer slip (English subs)

 

dda11ec6c5b593cb502f1411bf325e9d_1591919634.jpg

 

Nova Link: http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-farewell-my-concubine-full-slip-bd/2083/?cate_no=130&display_group=1

 

Kimchi Link:  https://kimchidvd.com/en/22353/v.kimchi?searchCnd=&searchWrd=

 

Note: If you are not familiar with these retailers, you may wish to look around while visiting their sites.

They've proven very worthwhile for picking up Asian films that strike my fancy over the many years.

Yes, you can order direct but of course with many suspended flights during the covid dilemma, items are slow to dispatch currently.

🙂

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aj101097 said:

#31 Roman Holiday!!...finally a blu-ray of this classic! Released towards the end of THIS year. And WCL...icing on the cake....can’t wait! Got this info. From another site from the person who reports on Chinese releases.   Very reliable.

the internship good job GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1888_v9_bb.jpg

Entering the mainstream world of John Waters.

<Cry Baby> and <Serial Mom> were two of John Waters's most recognised masterpieces after he gone into mainstream film-making.

In the 70s, John Waters released mainly unconventional films. However, his love for The Wizard of Oz exposed him to the Hollywood style of film-making. He understood how destructive pervasive films can be to cultures when common and simple daily ideas were presented in a distorted manner in movies.

 

That also lead to Johnny Depp claiming that <Cry Baby> was a hallucinogenic version of Grease.

In both <Cry Baby> and <Serial Mom>, John Waters created characters that were mainstream who made decisions that went against the normal.

 

Diskino is proud to announce that they will be working on bringing the works of John Waters to collectors!

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPCOMING TITLES!!

 

RICHARD POH :

  • Love and Duty (1931) [2K Restored}

 

HENRI-GEORGES CLOUZOT :

  • The Wages of Fear (1953) [4K Restored]
  • Diabolique (1955) [4K Restored]

 

HENRI-GEORGES CLOUZOT :

  • The Wages of Fear (1953) [4K Restored]
  • Diabolique (1955) [4K Restored]

 

WIN WENDERS :

  • Wings of Desire [2K Restored]
  • Paris, Texas [4K Restored]

 

KATSUHIRO OTOMO :

  • Akira (1988) [4K Restored]

 

ÉRIC ROHMER :

  • Tales of Four Seasons [2K Restored]

 

HUANG JIANXIN :

  • Back to Back, Face to Face [2K Restored]

 

 

AKI KAURISMÄKI :

  • Drifting Clouds (1996) [2K Restored]
  • The Man Without A Past (2002) [2K Restored]

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ksosk said:

1888_v9_bb.jpg

Entering the mainstream world of John Waters.

<Cry Baby> and <Serial Mom> were two of John Waters's most recognised masterpieces after he gone into mainstream film-making.

In the 70s, John Waters released mainly unconventional films. However, his love for The Wizard of Oz exposed him to the Hollywood style of film-making. He understood how destructive pervasive films can be to cultures when common and simple daily ideas were presented in a distorted manner in movies.

 

That also lead to Johnny Depp claiming that <Cry Baby> was a hallucinogenic version of Grease.

In both <Cry Baby> and <Serial Mom>, John Waters created characters that were mainstream who made decisions that went against the normal.

 

Diskino is proud to announce that they will be working on bringing the works of John Waters to collectors!

As much as I love John and ALL his movies, this is getting a BIT much! I prize my New Line set of his (Unfaithfully Yours...?) There was a sexy steel book of Serial Mom a few years back. And Criterion has recently gotten into his old 'masterpieces', which I begrudgingly bought as I love John's and his Dreamlander's commentary and all so much. But Diskino now....? Don't think it will have anymore than the old New Line releases. At least I hope not! Good for John though, the more the merrier! :)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ksosk said:

UPCOMING TITLES!!

 

RICHARD POH :

  • Love and Duty (1931) [2K Restored}

 

HENRI-GEORGES CLOUZOT :

  • The Wages of Fear (1953) [4K Restored]
  • Diabolique (1955) [4K Restored]

 

HENRI-GEORGES CLOUZOT :

  • The Wages of Fear (1953) [4K Restored]
  • Diabolique (1955) [4K Restored]

 

 

KATSUHIRO OTOMO :

  • Akira (1988) [4K Restored]

 

ÉRIC ROHMER :

  • Tales of Four Seasons [2K Restored]

 

HUANG JIANXIN :

  • Back to Back, Face to Face [2K Restored]

 

 

AKI KAURISMÄKI :

  • Drifting Clouds (1996) [2K Restored]
  • The Man Without A Past (2002) [2K Restored]

 

 

 

 

There is a lot of good cinema on that list ...........

 

Amazing.

 

We'll be alert.

 

Thank you very much!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Thanks very much @ksosk for the heads-up!

I read chat about a few of these titles coming down the pipe but I do appreciate you providing a list with confirmation.

 

I'm in for a LOT of these, if not most.

Most assuredly, "Wages Of Fear" (again), "Diabolique" (again), "Akira" (again),  a few others. 🥰

 

I'd be curious to discover if their plan is to do all 4 of Rohmer's "Seasons" tales (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Grendel said:

Thanks very much @ksosk for the heads-up!

I read chat about a few of these titles coming down the pipe but I do appreciate you providing a list with confirmation.

 

I'm in for a LOT of these, if not most.

Most assuredly, "Wages Of Fear" (again), "Diabolique" (again), "Akira" (again),  a few others. 🥰

 

I'd be curious to discover if their plan is to do all 4 of Rohmer's "Seasons" tales (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)?

Yes! 

All four seasons!!!!

 

I think of this whole list, that maybe the one to come out first 😃

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, ksosk said:

UPCOMING TITLES!!

 

RICHARD POH :

  • Love and Duty (1931) [2K Restored}

 

HENRI-GEORGES CLOUZOT :

  • The Wages of Fear (1953) [4K Restored]
  • Diabolique (1955) [4K Restored]

 

HENRI-GEORGES CLOUZOT :

  • The Wages of Fear (1953) [4K Restored]
  • Diabolique (1955) [4K Restored]

 

 

KATSUHIRO OTOMO :

  • Akira (1988) [4K Restored]

 

ÉRIC ROHMER :

  • Tales of Four Seasons [2K Restored]

 

HUANG JIANXIN :

  • Back to Back, Face to Face [2K Restored]

 

 

AKI KAURISMÄKI :

  • Drifting Clouds (1996) [2K Restored]
  • The Man Without A Past (2002) [2K Restored]

 

I think you left out Wim Wenders: Wings of Desire and Paris, Texas 🙃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy