IGNORED

Monster Hunter World

Sheikah

Hey all!

Anyone else pick up this game yesterday? Been having a blast on it! It's my first MH game, and it's been a pretty tough learning curve but I've been playing online with a friend a little who's been playing the franchise for years so that's been helpful. 

The game definitely gives off some Dark Souls vibes in terms of toughness. Some of the monsters are pretty dang hard to kill!

I kinda wish though that the monsters had a health bar of some kind to give you an idea of how much life is left and what damage your doing, but I understand that's how the games always been. You're supposed to look at how the monster is acting in order to determine it's health I guess. Like when it starts limping then you know you're getting somewhere at least haha.

Apparently the game has some issues still with multiplayer and joining other people's games through matchmaking, but if anyone else on here has it on Xbox, feel free to add my GT: TheEmpireRyses. Would be cool to have a group from MP on the game!

Took some pictures of the steelbook that came with the preorder from Best Buy as well!

https://imgur.com/a/3735S

IMG_20180127_105933.jpg

IMG_20180127_105921.jpg

Awards

23 minutes ago, nefilim said:

@Sheikah this one is coming to PC too. Do you prefer playing on X or Pc ? I'm kind of torn ... it's cool to play on big screen, but pc games are more uptodate and one can update hardware.

So ???

It is indeed coming to PC as well! Honestly, I think this is the type of game you'd want to play using a controller. As I said in the original post, it has a very "Dark Souls" vibe to it so if you've played that game on PC and didn't mind using Keyboard+Mouse, then maybe it won't be too much of an issue for you. But from what I've read many people prefer to use controllers. Now, with that said, obviously there's a good chance you can still use a controller with it on PC. Best of both worlds then! If you have a great PC that can handle the graphics in the game and you don't mind waiting until it releases, then I'd say go for it! There's no telling how optimized it'll be on PC though. I'd wait for reviews on PC specifically to release before purchasing.

As far as how it plays on Xbox, I play it on an Xbox One X and the game is One X Enhanced. It gives three separate graphical modes to choose from..."Prioritize Resolution", "Prioritize Framerate", and "Prioritize Graphics". I've played mainly on the Resolution mode which ups the resolution to 4k (Or maybe checkerboard, I know PS4 Pro is checkerboard, not sure about One X) and it runs pretty well! Not 60FPS mind you, but it seems to stay over 30FPS reliably. 

Awards

Hi @Sheikah ,  X box controllers actually work with PC Games , I have an X Box 360 controller that I use and all the latest PC games recognize the hardware .......Trying to play the latest games with Keyboard and mouse is much too difficult , unless that's what you're used to ....also you can still customize the keyboard to be used for extra functions while using the controller as well .....best of both worlds ....

4 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

Hi @Sheikah ,  X box controllers actually work with PC Games , I have an X Box 360 controller that I use and all the latest PC games recognize the hardware .......Trying to play the latest games with Keyboard and mouse is much too difficult , unless that's what you're used to ....also you can still customize the keyboard to be used for extra functions while using the controller as well .....best of both worlds ....

For sure! I wasn't doubting a controller would work on PC for the game necessarily, more so how well the game in general will run on PC. Hopefully the delayed launch means it'll be stable but who knows!

Awards

Since I upgraded my PC last year by replacing the MB CPU Memory Graphics Card PSU , basically a new PC , much cheaper to DIY ,....games like Fallout 4 , Doom , Prey and the latest Wolfenstein all run  well in HD set on Ultra High graphics quality and run at around 60FPS I much prefer the PC platform over consoles , always have , I find the PC versions to be much cheaper and through steam are always up to date , also I find them easier to add or remove mod files and graphic enhancements ......will have to try this Monster Hunter out .........

Archived