IGNORED

My introduction!

Sheikah

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd stop by and drop off an introduction. Caught wind of this place from a random poster on /r/steelbooks on reddit so I thought I'd check it out and it looks like a pretty nice community! I also somewhat browse Blu-ray.com's forums as well as hidefninja, but mostly I just lurk on those places since they're communities are already huge and established. I'm definitely more inclined to actually participate in smaller, tight knit communities so I hope to be a somewhat active member here!

As far as some information about myself, I'm located in the United States. Florida specifically. I started my steelbook collection a couple of years ago but I've always been a huge movie person and have a pretty decent size blu-ray collection. I think my first steelbook was either Fight Club or Shawshank Redemption. My current setup for movies is a Samsung KS8000 4k HDR TV, with a Denon 5.2-Ch 4k Receiver which is attached to some Polk Audio speakers (Two floorstanding towers, a center channel, and 12" PSW505), and I use my Xbox One X as my 4k blu-ray player. Nothing too fancy compared to a lot of setups I've seen in these types of communities but I enjoy it immensely! 

The last steelbook I purchased at this point in time was Blade Runner 2049. Loved this movie so much! (As you can probably tell from my signature). 

My second hobby in life (somewhat) would be audio/music. I also collect vinyl to a lesser degree compared to steelbooks, but I guess that still counts. I currently use my Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro's as my daily headphones, though that recently replaced my AT-M50X's which I used for years but recently started to fall apart. 

Anyways, I'll be browsing around and becoming situated with the setup and way this community works hopefully soon enough.

Thanks for reading!

Awards

1 minute ago, ksosk said:

Yeah! And it is simple; just copy and paste the gif link.

Ah, well I tried to post one a little while ago but it kept saying that it failed to upload! I also tried just pasting the link into the reply but when previewing it just showed the link...So unless previewing is showing up differently from the actual post then not sure what I'm doing wrong haha.

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Ah, well I tried to post one a little while ago but it kept saying that it failed to upload! I also tried just pasting the link into the reply but when previewing it just showed the link...So unless previewing is showing up differently from the actual post then not sure what I'm doing wrong haha.

Yeah, I had the same issue previously. You need to click on the google image and view the actual gif before you right-click and copy link address. 

If your link is correct, the gif will appear right after the link is pasted at your message area :)

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

Thanks! Curious, is your name a reference to "Nephalem" from the Diablo game series? Pretty similar spelling/sound to it! (Unless I'm pronouncing it wrong in my head haha).

... nope.

But I'm pretty sure Diablo programmers have taken from where I have ... Bible (yes) and from the band Fields of the Nephilim ...

wink.gif.71ebd8524ca003053e793ec9e8fd6808.gif

22 hours ago, ksosk said:

Yeah! And it is simple; just copy and paste the gif link.

YOU CAN DO THAT ???.

@Sheikah

THIS is what I love and adore about MP you get to know new stuff every day and it's even better that you learn it amongst friends ???.

A FANTASTIC introduction by the way PLEASED to say an official

HELLO

2 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

YOU CAN DO THAT 1f914.png1f61a.png1f61a.png.

@Sheikah

THIS is what I love and adore about MP you get to know new stuff every day and it's even better that you learn it amongst friends 1f44d.png1f493.png1f493.png.

A FANTASTIC introduction by the way PLEASED to say an official

HELLO

Haha, nice to meet you as well! Thanks for the welcome. ?

Awards

Archived