Open Club  ·  80 members  ·  Free

DOUBLE DIPPERS
IGNORED

I gotta have that one as well ..............

ukade2327

Yer I feel right at home here! Cheers @ukade2327 !!! 😜😂😆 👍

I have seen both your  and @Scary Hair 

“The Thing” collections - absolutely awesome hauls!!!

I have got multiple copies of many films - it happens when you’ve been collecting for 9 years! There’s always another edition released that you really want. It’s even harder not to double dip now with such easy access to premiums thanks to MP. For example you may join a group buy for a film as they are the first to release it. But then another retailer announce there releasing the same film but with a WEA Steel, later another company release it but now with 4k and a DL or a special box to house it in 😆😆

For example I purchased Umania First Man in 4K - no regrets. But then I see Manta labs editions and I can’t resist so I’m in for a one click! Now I’m even wanting to join the Hdzeta first man group buy! This is for 2 reasons, first being that Hdzeta are my favourite retailer! And secondly I’ve heard off  @45Caliber that they have plans for new unused artwork for their release - and you know it will have a lush lenti on it !!!

So as you never get the full confirmed options from the start, ya just have to go for it! I’m not complaining but it does end up with you committing for more than you bargained for with yet another package 📦 coming through your door!

It will all be worth it tho so I can take a photo and put it in here! 😂😆😂

Happy days

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, RileyLad said:

Needless to say I love this film, but in my wife’s eyes this is “obsessive” apparently !!!!

We all have our obsessions. Some can never have enough shoes or wombats, for we it is movies. 

Personally, I’ve begun scaling back dramatically in how many multiples I need unless the transfers of the films or extras on the discs offer something new.

It’s not that I don’t “want” more editions, it’s just a matter of priority. For me, there are so many films that I love, that I’d prefer to spend the money on diversity of titles over slips. When I get 10 premium editions of 1 film, I end up not being able to afford 20 other new releases that I would like to have in my collection.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

It’s not that I don’t “want” more editions, it’s just a matter of priority. For me, there are so many films that I love, that I’d prefer to spend the money on diversity of titles over slips. When I get 10 premium editions of 1 film, I end up not being able to afford 20 other new releases that I would like to have in my collection.

I hear you @45Caliber and that’s my point exactly! I used to try and cover the board. Get at least 1 of each release of a film I want. But now because it’s unclear which will be the best one overall because now with all the options we have like 4k in WWA Steelbook, Bluray in a WEA Steelbooks or wait nearly a year after a films released for the retailer you wanted edition and take it however it comes!

Other problems like when Gladiator Hdzeta got cancelled but now it’s back on- you may have purchased the zavvi steelbook or the filmarena version - or worse yet bailed on filmarena only for edition to sell out and then Hdzeta cancel a announced future release. 

Same thing happened with Hdzeta Schindler’s list- thankfully now this and Gladiator are both back on! Hopefully this transition to 4k will hurry up and retailers will maybe put a 4k and Bluray in a Steelbook and not ask the earth for that privilege.

All I’m saying is that it is hard to get it right first time. And getting to watch a film you want without having to wait forever. I’m don’t want to come across like I’m complaining just simply explaining that it’s hard not to get caught out with a release you end up not happy with or having multiple copies of a film! I’m all about diversity too mate I really am but its a bit of a mine field sometimes, but like you said us it’s what we love so this is what we do 👍

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm still going to try and get this thread pumping blood.

A List Of Wants: ("gotta have that one as well");

FAC: GitS  no worries, I'll find one...I hope...

Blade Runner 2049: with Blaster (speaks for itself I guess, heh)

Sons Of Anarchy: the "complete" series ( some eds have cut content), @Skid Mark knows the drill....🙂

Lord Of The Rings: "Bookcase Edition" ( mind, if FAC come through for us, to thehells with that!)

Doc Strange: BluFans, dble Lenti or 1-clk

Roaring Currents (aka The Admiral): Korean spec ed Blu & DVD.

Last Emperor: WCL Ed.

Umm, I'll be back, my cat is eating my pizza...

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Been a while since anyone has posted in here, but as I picked up yet another edition of Once upon a time in Hollywood earlier this week, I decided it was worthy of a pic....

So with the Weet Fullslip, thats my OUATIH steelbook collection complete......

Yes I know there’s other non steelbook editions out there but I'm only interested in steel.....

20210214_140309.thumb.jpg.c2ce4f18d649b6f301d953b7df9c6f39.jpg

And the backs....

20210214_140517.thumb.jpg.77a2086d9e9f9969639e6da192e488f3.jpg

Only Question now is.....

Do I need Cine-museum OC when it's finally released??

🤔🤔🤔

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Been a while since anyone has posted in here, but as I picked up yet another edition of Once upon a time in Hollywood earlier this week, I decided it was worthy of a pic....

So with the Weet Fullslip, thats my OUATIH steelbook collection complete......

Yes I know there’s other non steelbook editions out there but I'm only interested in steel.....

20210214_140309.thumb.jpg.c2ce4f18d649b6f301d953b7df9c6f39.jpg

And the backs....

20210214_140517.thumb.jpg.77a2086d9e9f9969639e6da192e488f3.jpg

Only Question now is.....

Do I need Cine-museum OC when it's finally released??

🤔🤔🤔

Yep ... course you do ...

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

Here's a question. If Margo Robbie wasn't in this movie, would you like it less?

I'll be honest. I was way more excited to see it when I found out she was in it. 😁

Thanks buddy 😁

I think both Leo and Brad were great in this movie, Brad just pinching it for the Oscar 🏆

Margo was just the icing on the cake....

3o6ozsRMtbGFeWA5EY.gif.fdf65b284aa5f21580764df04dc39d36.gif

🤣🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

Here's a question. If Margo Robbie wasn't in this movie, would you like it less?

I'll be honest. I was way more excited to see it when I found out she was in it. 😁

Thanks buddy 😁

I think both Leo and Brad were great in this movie, Brad just pinching it for the Oscar 🏆

Margo was just the icing on the cake....

3o6ozsRMtbGFeWA5EY.gif.fdf65b284aa5f21580764df04dc39d36.gif

🤣🤣

• Like 1

When it comes to Double Dipping a Movie .................... wait ..I'm way past DD this one.....🤣......but heres a few new additions to the original Bladerunner collection..... Keep em coming.... and they will...

IMG_9811.thumb.JPG.58f63a28197f06f1812d4920363e4a23.JPGIMG_9812.thumb.JPG.209e7f9de3614d961949879632049a71.JPGIMG_9568.thumb.JPG.0b84e0ee4646a3cf0a59f528c7f110fc.JPG

I'm still chasing this one but the cost .......😧..............but one day it will be mine...

IMG_9659.jpg.7223dbcdd4a8f805a57c2858ce7c304b.jpg

I'm going to have to assemble all copies and get a bigger picture...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

@ukade2327 What is this one? I don't remember it.

image.png.a21ba81bba9de6a9915d2aecda68eb7b.png

Also for this one, I have the version with no frame, but there is another that has a frame/border, yes?

image.png.83fa084831df107eaddd02d50a50dc09.png

The top one is the HMV mondo edition with a 3rd Party  Lenti Magnet … and yes there is one with as frame border bu it was more expensive than this one …😆

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy