IGNORED

The Silence of the Lambs - Criterion Collection 4K [USA]

nefilim

Release Date : February 13, 2018.

Price : $39.95

Purchase Link : Amazon.com

Notes :

• NEW 4K DIGITAL RESTORATION, approved by director of photography Tak Fujimoto, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Alternate 5.1 surround soundtrack, presented in DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray
  • Audio commentary from 1994 featuring director Jonathan Demme, actors Jodie Foster and
  • Anthony Hopkins, screenwriter Ted Tally, and former FBI agent John Douglas
  • NEW interview with critic Maitland McDonagh
  • Thirty-five minutes of deleted scenes
  • Interview from 2005 with Demme and Foster
  • Inside the Labyrinth, a 2001 documentary
  • Page to Screen, a 2002 program about the adaptation
  • Scoring "The Silence," a 2004 interview program featuring composer Howard Shore
  • Understanding the Madness, a 2008 program featuring interviews with retired FBI special agents
  • Original behind-the-scenes featurette
  • Trailer
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Amy Taubin along with, in the Blu-ray edition, a new introduction by Foster; an account of the origins of the character Hannibal Lecter by author Thomas Harris; and a 1991 interview with Demme

190191_front.jpg.5a600cd0df9b142b1d79c492d7a333b5.jpg

9 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I don't really care for Criterion releases 90% of the time but this one is a must. Awesome art, a new restoration, and a stellar movie. And it comes out in February which is good timing 1f601.png

Bite your tongue Josie. 80% of what they release is pure gold. Best retailer in the world IMO.

41 minutes ago, nefilim said:

I think these might become those OOP CC that people seek. Like The Man Who Fell To Earth CC Blu.

So mad I sold my Chunking Express Blu at one point. Now it's unattainable but for scalper prices.

Also my Coup de Torchon, The Killer & Hard Boiled DVDs. Golden Harvest is garbage.

2 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Bite your tongue Josie. 80% of what they release is pure gold. Best retailer in the world IMO.

So mad I sold my Chunking Express Blu at one point. Now it's unattainable but for scalper prices.

You did ?

For that reason you should banned for a week.

dWAfyNg.gif.78787ef2c9aa546d249c5c4195b2b434.gif

5a0ee94ee779f_4_1_72.gifc200-Copy.gif.de080bbac321645073227530439586b2.gif

1 hour ago, 45Caliber said:

Also my Coup de Torchon, The Killer & Hard Boiled DVDs. Golden Harvest is garbage.

Ehhhh I'm not really into most much older films and 90% of the time that's what they're releasing. I did see the Twin Peaks Criterion when I was at Fry's though and I'm going to go pick that up in January most likely if it's still there. I make special exceptions. One of my friends is nuts about Criterion though and goes crazy buying pretty much every release as well as going wild during their big sales during the year. I'm certainly interested in picking up any restorations of films I like from them plus films I like period from them. Maybe I'll check out all the Criterions released and see if I missed any movies I like since I don't really pay attention to them.

1 hour ago, 45Caliber said:

I have my The Killer and Hard Boiled (factory wrapped) !!!!

6 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

Ehhhh I'm not really into most much older films and 90% of the time that's what they're releasing. I did see the Twin Peaks Criterion when I was at Fry's though and I'm going to go pick that up in January most likely if it's still there. I make special exceptions. One of my friends is nuts about Criterion though and goes crazy buying pretty much every release as well as going wild during their big sales during the year. I'm certainly interested in picking up any restorations of films I like from them plus films I like period from them. Maybe I'll check out all the Criterions released and see if I missed any movies I like since I don't really pay attention to them.

Come on, there are true gems, like Guillermo Del Toro movies, Terence Malick, Charlie Chaplin, Terry Gilliam, Stanley Kubrick ... etc etc etc ...

That's why I've been wondering why no more members are exited about these freaking awesome releases in this forum. They have the best extras and are not plain amarays. IMO these new both releases are gonna be digipaks.

43 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

Ehhhh I'm not really into most much older

[insert cultural item here…books, movies, music] 

Unfortunately, I hear this too often these days and it's the reason why no money generally goes into preservation/restoration of culturally significant titles. Thankfully there are companies like Criterion that take this mission on themselves, helping to keep things around for future generation to experience and hopefully enjoy and be influenced by.

Archived