IGNORED

Mr. B'ean'aldinho's 1st Steelbook

Bunaldinho

Hellow Fellows,

the injection came pretty early, when I started to collect blu-rays in 2008. My first blu-ray wasn't a steelbook tho.

However, my first steelbook could be "Leon - The Professional (November 2008)" OR "Fight Club (December 2008)". Im not sure because, I possible have bought Leon at a local store, so I don't have any receipt anymore, but my Amazon Accounts tells me that I've received Fight Club at the RLS-Date in December, for 5€! xD

Lil' interjection: Back then it was possible to send leaflets of local stores throughout Germany to amazon to get a "low price guarantee" and those prices were tremendously low compared to the normal price segment.

But(t) anyways... ^^

Leon OR Tyler was or were my first Steelbooks! German Steelbooks!

20171025_220111.jpg.d1ad77d33761a247f6708830cf202815.jpg

The first international Steelbook was the Future Shop Exclusive "Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen"

I've ordered it at ebay from an canadian seller immediately after its RLS-Date. Damn, that I was soooo excited to receive the parcel!

20171025_222912.jpg.a26c138e1776cfb01d214bcf0b7de235.jpg

After and meanwhile I bought more and more steelbooks and also got stuck into some groupbuys -> Propz @ John @Masterblaster.

I had the opportunity to meet John and chit chat with him, while picking up my "ordered" Steelbooks.

What an exicting moment, above all when nobody in your clique is a collector like you

:Bang:

The enthusiasm after became bigger and bigger. - That's a fact for sure! -

Watching yourself hunting and buying ONE movie multiple times, just because the artwork differs. **cough*thedarkknight*cough**

:Kaboomm:

Guess that's enough. See ya guys :P

Awards

vor 8 Stunden schrieb nefilim:

@Bunaldinho You have actually met John ? He really is a Real Person ? Not some online thingy ? You know, wake all the time ... watching (thru my web cam) ... contemplating ... alert... !?

59f307f6b1c11_AddEmoticons04277.gifc200-Copy.gif.2d92e050b2e6088ba4d9c6de26436aea.gif

59f30803a46c0_d29734c8123948ee8b9ff13322a7e262-Copy.gif.3839891ee410c2a05fac8cf333affdd4.gif

@Masterblaster@nefilim@Scary Hair@ukade2327@45Caliber@Benoit46@DodgyDave@atomicblonde@larson1977@Pbsw23@Sicksol@sepultura007@3rasus@Viper0210

810374343.gif

No. He is a cybernetic organism, living tissue over a metal endoskeleton, who is sent back from the future to protect all steelbooks from potential in-store customers to accomplish collective orders for metal ektoskeleton disc storage collectors.

Awards

18 minutes ago, Bunaldinho said:

@Masterblaster@nefilim@Scary Hair@ukade2327@45Caliber@Benoit46@DodgyDave

810374343.gif

No. He is a cybernetic organism, living tissue over a metal endoskeleton, who is sent back from the future to protect all steelbooks from potential in-store customers to accomplish collective orders for metal ektoskeleton disc storage collectors.

Fu....g knew it. LOL.

now gotta :

aaaagiphy.gif.e85aa9a281f5fff8088cfd46b0c9be84.gif

On 10/25/2017 at 3:37 PM, Bunaldinho said:

Back then it was possible to send leaflets of local stores throughout Germany to amazon to get a "low price guarantee" and those prices were tremendously low compared to the normal price segment.

I love doing Amazon price matches at local stores. You get the Amazon pricing without the poor handling; can cherrypick what I want off the shelf.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:37 PM, Bunaldinho said:

Watching yourself hunting and buying ONE movie multiple times, just because the artwork differs.

I'd love to see more of your collection for the artwork that appeals to an artist. I'm finding myself buying premiums for movies I wasn't even thrilled about just because I like the art so much.

On 10/27/2017 at 1:38 PM, Bunaldinho said:

who is sent back from the future to protect all steelbooks from potential in-store customers

I though his real purpose was to keep them out of scalper hands so they could find good homes .

vor 2 Minuten schrieb 45Caliber:

I love doing Amazon price matches at local stores. You get the Amazon pricing without the poor handling; can cherrypick what I want off the shelf.

The difference back then was, that amazon was aligning the prices for you by paying you the balance, even though the store the special price offer came from was 300 miles away...

I'd love to see more of your collection for the artwork that appeals to an artist. I'm finding myself buying premiums for movies I wasn't even thrilled about just because I like the art so much.

I do know this effect! I do the same. Sometimes months, years later at second hand retailers for cheap prices AND to give the movie a second chance, so if I like the movie this time more, I do own a cool collection of it :D

I though his real purpose was to keep them out of scalper hands so they could find good homes .

Correct!

Awards

Archived