HOW DO YOU KEEP YOURS

Scary Hair

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Lady lair sounds like a place I should keep things. Do you have pictures?

I wish I had one , I have to share my space ??.

Like a Man Cave done with Style and finesse . 

Fortunately I'm No lady in that respect . Out of my female friends I am the only one who has been on two stag night ?????.

NEVER EVER been on a hen night always been out with the Lads ??

@Scary Hair Ahh, I was imagining the kind of place James Bond would go to track down Pu$$y Galore. ?

Sadly, mine are on some cheap, rickety shelves in my office that have already had blu-ray slipboxes knocked off and dented from being bumped or whatever. Because of that I get plastic slipcovers now. They doesn't make them invincible, but they can help with a drop or fall. The plastic slip absorbs the hit before the true slip does.

22 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@Scary Hair Ahh, I was imagining the kind of place James Bond would go to track down Pu$$y Galore. 1f602.png

Sadly, mine are on some cheap, rickety shelves in my office that have already had blu-ray slipboxes knocked off and dented from being bumped or whatever. Because of that I get plastic slipcovers now. They doesn't make them invincible, but they can help with a drop or fall. The plastic slip absorbs the hit before the true slip does.

Shame On You !

lololol.gif.eb8481dc37557f1d2e2f194fc9695cce.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomicblonde said:

Meanwhile at my house.... I have no shelving, just got rid of a bookcase before I started collecting (whoops), and this is really the only place I can put them as I'm 4-5 months out from moving out of state sooooo no point in setting something up :/ 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I can see those stacks are falling  and I want to run and save them !

giphy.gif.7081e5a696eeb689e1bed34eaec6c422.gif

17 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I have no shelving, just got rid of a bookcase before I started collecting (whoops), and this is really the only place I can put them as I'm 4-5 months out from moving out of state

Ahhh!!!! Careful! I hope you don't have a cat or ferret. Same boat really, I don't want to buy more big furniture before we move. Mine are just some cheap modular things I got at Frys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Ahhh!!!! Careful! I hope you don't have a cat or ferret. Same boat really, I don't want to buy more big furniture before we move. Mine are just some cheap modular things I got at Frys.

I love Frys!! And I knooooow it's so bad. I'm gonna probably shift it to at least the floor soon. The steels will be packed up into their own container when I move and they'll be in the car with me instead of in the moving truck just to be safe. I do have one cat and two dogs.. Weirdly enough my cat crawls everywhere but when he's in my room he only stays in my bed, in the bathtub. the floor, or one of the windows. :P He prefers sleeping in the recliner in the dog bed in the living room lol. Funny you mention that, just got a brand new leather couch and it's a special one with electric reclining, cupholders, plug ins, USB ports, and all these other cool things. Now I'm gonna need some proper shelving as soon as I move. Probably gonna get some cheap bookcase or shelves from IKEA :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I love Frys!! And I knooooow it's so bad. I'm gonna probably shift it to at least the floor soon. The steels will be packed up into their own container when I move and they'll be in the car with me instead of in the moving truck just to be safe. I do have one cat and two dogs.. Weirdly enough my cat crawls everywhere but when he's in my room he only stays in my bed, in the bathtub. the floor, or one of the windows. :P He prefers sleeping in the recliner in the dog bed in the living room lol. Funny you mention that, just got a brand new leather couch and it's a special one with electric reclining, cupholders, plug ins, USB ports, and all these other cool things. Now I'm gonna need some proper shelving as soon as I move. Probably gonna get some cheap bookcase or shelves from IKEA :D

Avoid Ikea.

2 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

IMG_1629

This is my unfortunate situation. I need 2 more mod pieces for the top shelf and that's as high as I can go as the 5th shelf is already pretty wobbly. Also, I've already had to start demoting things to boxes in the closet.

Holy crap!!! I have similar shelves that are kind of cube sections. Haven't put enough in there though because I'm a flop. PM me where you got those shelves though, I really want something like that where it's like a bookcase but it's not tall it's wide. That's goals. But GOOD JOB and holy CRAP you have a lot of stuff lol!

6 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

IMG_1629

This is my unfortunate situation. I need 2 more mod pieces for the top shelf and that's as high as I can go as the 5th shelf is already pretty wobbly. Also, I've already had to start demoting things to boxes in the closet.

Philip Marlowe in me notises that many steels are missing ... not all your blu's are in that picture ... are they ? Mate !

• 9 months later...

I think that the safest way to store easily accessible and ready to open steelbooks is to use gaming towers made for PS4 or Xbox One whose cases have the same dimensions as a steelbook. As long as they don't have metal dividers. Here is how I stored mine for years and none of them have any scratches:

5beb09935534594.JPG'

It is a wooden tower, but has plastic dividers that are impossible to scratch a steelbook with. It also has holes in it, so that you can hang it on a wall, as long as you make sure the metal screw doesn't stick out and touches the steelbooks:

00096124abx.jpg

I imagine it also works with wooden dividers like this:

Real-Wood-Consoles-Games-DVD-Storage-Sta

But of course, if you don't mind storing steelbooks in a plastic case, you can store them vertically, next to each other on a shelf. I don't find dust to be a problem with scratching steelbooks by the way.

Edited by LeaveMeGlazzies

• 3 weeks later...