Alien : Covenant (2017)

nefilim

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nefilim said:

@Steelbookzombie what did you think ?

26 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Yes , SBZ what did you think .....?....or was your brain stolen by then , so you can't give away any spoilers....?...59172d8f094a1_th(5).jpg.b25db5ee8cdc82a462774128f02b134f.jpg

Yeah I really enjoyed it! I went in thinking I knew what was gonna happe cuz  I'd worked it out from watching the trailers, and trailer breakdowns on YouTube. But oh man was I wrong! 

Its not what you'd call a suspenseful movie it's more like a blood soaked thrill ride with some genuinely gruesome moments! It moves along at brisk pace not really giving you time to get distracted! And it answers so many questions but ultimately leaves you so many more! When it finished I found myself thinking "I want to see the next movie instalment now! The waiting is gonna kill me!" ??

? just got back from watching it.

The film has a good score and I think fans of the original films would be happy.

The film itself has a variable pace. It retains the horror and action genre very well. Returning to elements that make these films great. It does have gore and action scenes are plentiful and adequate.

I enjoyed the film but there are still plot points that need to be explained. Perhaps in the sequel. I would give it 7/10.

" Twentieth Century Fox is celebrating the early box office success of Alien: Covenant, which opened in theaters late Thursday night. Early reports have the Prometheus sequel opening at an estimated $40 million. While this is a far cry from the huge $70+ million opening of other recent franchises, it’s a modest amount that all but guarantees a lifetime domestic gross of $100 million. What’s important to note is that Covenant‘s budget was just under $100 million, which is a whopping $30 million less than Prometheus. If we were to use that film as a comp, it took in $400 million worldwide on a slew of negative reviews and rejection from fans. With Covenant‘s budget at $100 million, including marketing a $400 million worldwide gross would pit the film to just barely cross into profit territory. With the film already opening strong overseas ($46 million last weekend), and a release slated in the lucrative China as well, Fox should be happily moving forward on the next installment. "

so

Alien : Awekening could be happening !!!

xenomorph-005.jpg.75a8fe197a3b59509afa09b27ddd98c3.jpg

@ukade2327 @Steelbookzombie @extantsrevenge @Viper0210 @Scary Hair @larson1977

11 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

It is a no brainer to green light a sequel . Instant buy on Blu Ray . Our boy is still only 14 so he wanted to go .

Everyone else agreed it was not fair going without him and get it day one Home realise 1f60a.png1f44d.png.

That is Fair !!!

thumbsup.gif.0a8e8c81cf9fb3bfc1642d6faa432f07.gif

• ★ Administrators ★

Watched it yesterday... sadly I did not like it much. After the Prometheus disaster I had not very high expectations to begin with. But with Alien in the title and the return of a real Alien and not the stupid something from Prometheus, I started to get my hopes up. Which was a mistake, movie started off good, but then came a point I thought was not good and after a while there came another point that ruined the movie for me.

Alien 1 & 2 are 2 of my all time favorite movies, and even Alien 3 is depressing like hell, I still like it. Alien 4 is a nice action movie. So it is really disappointing when they make something new that lives not up to the expectations you have as a fan. I never liked the idea of making a prequel and try to explain the origin of all this, especially if it turns out stupid. Sure I will buy a steelbook, but I don`t think that I will watch it many times like the original 4.

Anyway I have to agree with @Viper0210 the score was really good, best part of the movie for me.

I guess the movie should work for anyone who liked Prometheus, since it is 100% a sequel to that.

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Watched it yesterday... sadly I did not like it much. After the Prometheus disaster I had not very high expectations to begin with. But with Alien in the title and the return of a real Alien and not the stupid something from Prometheus, I started to get my hopes up. Which was a mistake, movie started off good, but then came a point I thought was not good and after a while there came another point that ruined the movie for me.

Alien 1 & 2 are 2 of my all time favorite movies, and even Alien 3 is depressing like hell, I still like it. Alien 4 is a nice action movie. So it is really disappointing when they make something new that lives not up to the expectations you have as a fan. I never liked the idea of making a prequel and try to explain the origin of all this, especially if it turns out stupid. Sure I will buy a steelbook, but I don`t think that I will watch it many times like the original 4.

Anyway I have to agree with @Viper0210 the score was really good, best part of the movie for me.

I guess the movie should work for anyone who liked Prometheus, since it is 100% a sequel to that.

I have admit that liked Prometheus so ... but have to wait and see.

4 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I think it's a marmite movie either like it or not

Watched this at the cinema, really enjoyed it great gore and action.  Some great philosophical, high minded moments.  I enjoyed the tension between David and Walter both played by Michael Fassbender, good acting performance.  Leaves loads of room for further films in the franchise.  For me 8/10 can't wait for the next installment.

Managed to get one of these Badboys.

IMAG0274.thumb.jpg.f617e40d0b2815cfcefc7d2653c8fce9.jpg

:pow:?

Awards

Archived