Suspiria CultFilms (4K/2D Blu-ray FuturePak) [United Kingdom]

nefilim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 45Caliber said:

I dropped support after reading it was the same as previously released 4K transfer that was poorly received.

Same here. I was really rushing to preorder but then I lost interest after seeing that. I'd rather get the release from Synapse instead. This certainly won't be a grail with how large the print run is and with the poor transfer anyway.

18 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

Same here. I was really rushing to preorder but then I lost interest after seeing that. I'd rather get the release from Synapse instead. This certainly won't be a grail with how large the print run is and with the poor transfer anyway.

You sure ?

How big is for excample print run on that grail iron man ? and how many cares about picture if they do not open the the steel anyway. Synapse picture quality is not certain yet as it's not out.

18 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

...and @atomicblonde do not understand at all your comment about large print run ? Synapse 6000 / Cult Film 950 !!! Pls comment !

...and when I include my Dario Argento signature card (by Culf Films) it most certainly will be a Grail !

• Like 1

Might be that Cult Films Suspiria isn't going to be grail, but then neither isn't synapses. IMO. Cult Films has all the nice goodies. And it has reached it's secondary goal so theres gonna be :

"if with your support this campaign reaches £25,000 we will make this Limited Edition even more special!  We'll add an additional disc of bonus features by filming and editing our own extra features and/or  sourcing and reviving long-disappeared iconic documentaries on Dario Argento - and more depending on funding and production budget!  This will mean that you will get more for the same amount pledged and that every penny will go towards making this project your own unique definitive edition!  So, spread the word! "

Goal now £27,605 GBP raised by 761 backers

Cool !

?

• Like 2

...and @45Caliber @atomicblonde I'm not upset or anything. We all are welcome to our opinions. (Atomic sounded just So Sure about this not becoming Grail)

My opinions is, PQ does not matter does one become grail or not. Some still collect dvd grails. AND PQ of Cult Films is not that bad. Actually What I've seen not bad at all.

What does matter IMO is :

• Print run. Cult Films vs Synapse : Winner Cult Films.
  • Numbered or not. Winner Cult Films.
  • Overseen by Director. Winner Cult Films.
  • Exclusive Extras : TBA (note : Culf Films will have brand new extras made with D.Argento) plus Director signed cards !
  • Embossed / Debossed : TBA (Cult Films is Embossed)

So I'd say Cult Films is doing pretty well !

@Masterblaster @ukade2327 @RhodW

• Like 1

To be honest £30 for a decent release of an Argento I am happy to pay.

Grail or not. I’m excited to see what they do. From my perspective would be nice to have a few more premium editions developed locally (Europe) so I’m all for supporting that! (Have all EBs releases, but lost faith with steelarchive after Prisoners and don’t really need to comment on how FA are doing)

Let’s see what they deliver and then I’m sure the community will pass judgement.

• Like 2

Okay, let me clarify because I've gotten about 3-5 tags within the span of 7 hours even though I haven't responded yet. I was only interested in this release depending on the transfer used, the print run, the art, and the cost. After getting more info, I am not as interested in this release. Synapse is using a far better transfer. I know Synapse' art and I love it. I feel good backing it. I cannot justly back this particular release because the transfer is not great, I don't know the art, the print run is rather large anyway (I would care more if I thought I couldn't get it later and I'd regret it but I'm doubtful), and I don't care about numbering. I buy Best Buy steels and really enjoy them all of the time even without numbering. 

I respect that you're passionate about this release but you (Nef) also need to respect that people will have differing opinions. Steelbooks aren't worth getting riled up over. Posting several times as a push to say why cultfilms release is better several times and adding the Argento signature (which is absolutely awesome I agree -- but I personally cannot justify it right now financially) does not mean that cultfilms is better nor is my opinion wrong. Just like your opinion isn't wrong either. You just gotta let it go and accept that I like Synapse and this release was always in the backseat compared to Synapse for me and that's just how it is. Can't justify several Suspiria steels right now honestly, and if cultfilms used a better transfer I would definitely have been more apt to entertaining it sooner or later.

Who knows, my mind might change and I might pick up a copy before the indiegogo campaign ends or if they release copies for general sale I might pick one up. We'll see. But just live and let live and enjoy your very personal and very special Argento signature and eventually the steelbook that's gonna be on its way sooner or later. :) 

43 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

Okay, let me clarify because I've gotten about 3-5 tags within the span of 7 hours even though I haven't responded yet. I was only interested in this release depending on the transfer used, the print run, the art, and the cost. After getting more info, I am not as interested in this release. Synapse is using a far better transfer. I know Synapse' art and I love it. I feel good backing it. I cannot justly back this particular release because the transfer is not great, I don't know the art, the print run is rather large anyway (I would care more if I thought I couldn't get it later and I'd regret it but I'm doubtful), and I don't care about numbering. I buy Best Buy steels and really enjoy them all of the time even without numbering. 

I respect that you're passionate about this release but you (Nef) also need to respect that people will have differing opinions. Steelbooks aren't worth getting riled up over. Posting several times as a push to say why cultfilms release is better several times and adding the Argento signature (which is absolutely awesome I agree -- but I personally cannot justify it right now financially) does not mean that cultfilms is better nor is my opinion wrong. Just like your opinion isn't wrong either. You just gotta let it go and accept that I like Synapse and this release was always in the backseat compared to Synapse for me and that's just how it is. Can't justify several Suspiria steels right now honestly, and if cultfilms used a better transfer I would definitely have been more apt to entertaining it sooner or later.

Who knows, my mind might change and I might pick up a copy before the indiegogo campaign ends or if they release copies for general sale I might pick one up. We'll see. But just live and let live and enjoy your very personal and very special Argento signature and eventually the steelbook that's gonna be on its way sooner or later. :) 

?

You are absolutely Correct. On some points.

But. When you say Synapse is using far better transfer and being a moderator. I would like to have some proof. Side by side pictures etc ... Not just IMO.

Link(s) ?

And still you demand Culf Films print run is big. Wow. 950 as Synapse is 6000 !

I am not passianote about this release. I'm passionate about this film. Just check the threads. Both. I want what's most original.

You are the one who said " This certainly won't be a grail " I wonder how you can be so sure ? IMO a bit arrogant ! I'm following few other blu-ray forums aswell and Cult Films release is gathering more interest than Synapses.

48 minutes ago, nefilim said:

...but when you say there are bad reviews. PLS. gimme a link(s). that is not too much to ask for. we provide links here all the time.

Everyone has an opinion . Mine is yet to be formed as I have never seen it .

Your passion sometimes comes accross the wrong way .  This is one of those occasions .

WE ALL HAVE A POINT OF VEIW AND A right to it . So please take a breath before posting again .

Feel free to P.M Me I am about ?? 

I feel its not going to be a grail because the print run isnt all that low and its a niche movie as it is.  In todays steelbook market grails just dont exist that much.  Sure this is going to be a great release and really good price too for that matter but this wont go on the top 5 list with Iron Man and Rambo as grails IMO.  And it doesnt need to either.  If you want to consider it a grail for you then do it, no one can stop you.

Awards

• 1 month later...