IGNORED

Suspiria CultFilms (4K/2D Blu-ray FuturePak) [United Kingdom]

nefilim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI to anyone who cares -- this is NO LONGER a steelbook. I guessed as much when they released the concept image and everyone was freaking out, and instead of promptly addressing/disputing the concern they've now changed the title of the campaign and the title of all of the perks to "metal case". This is not a steelbook anymore. 

Glad I went with Synapse and that I didn't back at this point.

ALSO, I've updated the original post to put the new concepts recently released as well as change the title from steelbook to just metal case like they're calling it.

Aaaaaand I'm also moving this to the future pack forum.

Edited by atomicblonde

An update

We owe you an apology.

We incorrectly named the metal packaging where we’ll place the three discs (x1 UHD plus x2 Blu-rays) as a ’SteelBook’ and alternatively as a ’steelcase’.

We wish to apologise unreservedly if this has shown to be misleading. We can assure you that this was not intentional.

In the original pitch and perks descriptions, we intended to refer to a generic metal case and not a specific brand. 

However, whilst we naturally looked at several ‘metal boxes’, we preferred the overall look and the ‘feel’ of (what is indeed) a ‘FuturePak’ ® box. We also liked the way it opens flat...

Like most things these are subjective appreciations, but many online comments mention how the FuturePak ® box ‘feels heavier, more robust’ - an impression we agree with when we handled samples: all in all FuturePak boxes 

felt more like a unique object to us - and especially its 3D-embossed form which we are using to emphasise the newly commissioned artwork.

We searched far and wide for an artist and settled on Andy Fairhurst which has proved to have been the most rewarding decision! Andy’s new take on the Suspiria ballerina is simply stunning: we find it a fitting reboot for this new - and we trust definitive - edition of Suspiria.

We, ourselves, were also unhappy about the need to conceal this gorgeous artwork under a screen of CultFilms logos, we did it not to purposefully hide anything from our wonderful IndieGoGo backers, but because it was suggested as appropriate best-practice in order to protect the design (from being copied) before the manufacturing process started! 

We shall soon release the artwork, front, back and inside of course as well as give you a precise description of the new, additional extras being produced exclusively for this release.. We were recently in Rome visiting Stefania Casini and others who participated in making Suspiria and we are now waiting on the availability of the last contributors whom we’ve lined up - some who’ve hardly ever talked before about their crucial involvement and impact on the look and sound of SUSPIRIA..!

We are though able to confirm a booklet with new insight from Dario’s friend - and THE Argento expert - Alan Jones.

Argento’s Suspiria is to induce fear at 400 degrees: the heat is rising!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Kingpin said:

That's gorgeous.  i'm a sucker for red or red on black covers.  

What are the chances these are still available? 

IMO unfortunately it's sold out. But I'll post pics when I'll get mine with Argento's signature card ...

?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
On 5/25/2018 at 9:20 AM, howarmat said:

that is one nice thing about the other metal cases (futurrpak, metalpak, etc) the embossing is crazy on them

On 5/25/2018 at 9:34 AM, ukade2327 said:

Yeah ..... The Terminator Future Pak is the same ... Great  embossing on both ...

yeah its due to the futurepak being more durable , heavier then the steelbook where it would NOT be possible to do that type of debossling on it.

I remember seeing one come out in Germany , top notch , dont remember the title , and then i got the Godzilla with the Ton Futurepak , blew my mind what the embossing was on that ...

Enjoy all who got one !! 

Take care

John

• Like 1