IGNORED

Manta Lab Dunkirk (Manta Lab Exclusive #16) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Scary Hair

3 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I'm being serious, these Beauty Shots are boring. Now with that said I'm sure the finished product in hand will be nice. ML definitely has more hits than misses when it comes to the quality of their products.

It's just that since UHD Club has already used this artwork for their release it would have been nice to see something more fresh, but I know ML has no control over artwork approval.

Eventhough what's presented is nice, I'm just not overly excited like how I'm normally with their Beauty Shot releases.

With you Hollywood completely and utterly underwhelmed by it tbh think the sl should have been the dl for a kick off 

Just nothing aspiring here tbh  

The steel was the weak start imho and all the waiting and there hype train.

And it's like a formula one car running on milk, dont think I have a better anecdote than that.

No money saved and manta severely misfires what a shame.

Now waits for @DodgyDave wade in 😄

Basil 🙂

• Like 3

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
7 minutes ago, Basil said:

With you Hollywood completely and utterly underwhelmed by it tbh think the sl should have been the dl for a kick off 

Just nothing aspiring here tbh  

The steel was the weak start imho and all the waiting and there hype train.

And it's like a formula one car running on milk, dont think I have a better anecdote than that.

No money saved and manta severely misfires what a shame.

Now waits for @DodgyDave wade in 😄

Basil 🙂

Who ? Me ? 
As if I would. :D

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, txfosho said:

@LeGonze

For reference purpose, I ordered a 1click of Manta Lab last release, BOP, direct from their website and it was $30 shipping from Hong Kong to Texas. I am new here, but have also heard nothing but good things about the USA hub here and hope to use it in the future. 

That’s great! Thanks man!!;)

OOR... as always...xD

• Like 3

I agree UHD pulled off a better release but my philosophy is no steel, no deal 🙃

Love the rear image for the fullslip, but can't stand the lack of contrast between the second half of the title and the background. That is such a pet peeve of mine. The double lenticular has so much potential for depth. Decisions, decisions...

new girl decisions GIF

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

6 hours ago, mjk said:

Ikr noting new to see here I like the Steelbook but weak slips 

🙄

debbie downer GIF

5 hours ago, Koi999 said:

UHD Clubs Dunkirk release seems to be the one to own looking at this.

4 hours ago, Mattrivers95 said:

Really like the oc, I was expecting some duplication of images so the steel book using the same front shot doesn’t bother me really and I’m still surprised this release is actually happening at all, the uhd club might have stolen its thunder somewhat but that’s also using a previously used image. I’m going to keep the full slip, the oc box and uhd club so that should keep my Nolan boner in good shape till uhd club release the rest of his films.

1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

I had already assumed the art for dunkirk would be extremely limited so I'm not disappointed. I actually really like the steelbook though 

🙌 

Slow Motion Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

This has been such a challenging project. 

You guys cant image the no. of retailers who tried but dropped Dunkirk as a project. 

Two years through and still very limited art.

It really boils down to printing effects now. 

Based on this release, I think Matrix will have a similar fate of lack of art for use.

Hope Manta can pull out smth interesting. 

Usually their less popular titles are the ones with very unique outcome like First Man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ksosk said:

This has been such a challenging project. 

You guys cant image the no. of retailers who tried but dropped Dunkirk as a project. 

Two years through and still very limited art.

It really boils down to printing effects now. 

Yea people should've expected this after hdzeta dropped it and seeing the art that blufans and IHD used. It's pretty obvious that the art is very limited. But I trust manta and I believe they will have an awesome finish on both the steelbook and the slips. 

3 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Hope Manta can pull out smth interesting. 

Usually their less popular titles are the ones with very unique outcome like First Man

I'm currently in for fs + dl but if manta does something epic with the box like they did First man then I'll have to jump on that

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Yea people should've expected this after hdzeta dropped it and seeing the art that blufans and IHD used. It's pretty obvious that the art is very limited. But I trust manta and I believe they will have an awesome finish on both the steelbook and the slips. 

I'm currently in for fs + dl but if manta does something epic with the box like they did First man then I'll have to jump on that

What’d FM do with their box?