IGNORED

Manta Lab Reservoir Dogs (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA 4k UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

extantsrevenge

On 1/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, R1s1ngs0n said:

Django is at the bottom of nearly every list posted so far, which comforts me in my belief that it is one of QT's lesser efforts. It is also one of the very few in his filmography (along with both KBs and DP) that I have no interest in adding to my collection. 

If you go literally anywhere else we'd be the minority lol. Everyone I know adores Django. Personally don't like it. But it's still at least above The Hateful Eight so there's that 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaliber said:

Yeah I think I’m the odd man out here. I think Django is top 3 Tarantino. My ranking is 

1) Pulp Fiction

2) Inglorious Basterds

3) Django Unchained

4) Kill Bill Vol. 1

5) Kill Bill Vol. 2

6) Reservoir Dogs

7) Hateful Eight

😎 Jackie Brown

9) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

10) Death Proof

You are committing a specific type of crime by putting Hateful Eight above Jackie Brown. Don't make me say the words Shaliber.... 

Pam Grier Smh GIF by Turner Classic Movies

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Shaliber said:

Yeah I think I’m the odd man out here. I think Django is top 3 Tarantino. My ranking is 

1) Pulp Fiction

2) Inglorious Basterds

3) Django Unchained

4) Kill Bill Vol. 1

5) Kill Bill Vol. 2

6) Reservoir Dogs

7) Hateful Eight

😎 Jackie Brown

9) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

10) Death Proof

H8ful 8 too low m8

My very uncontroversial rating of Tarantino:

1. OUATIH

2. Django Unchained

3. Kill Bill 1 & 2 (always watch at the same time, so they're one movie to me)

4. Death Proof

5. Inglorious Basterds

6. Jackie Brown 

7. Reservoir Dogs

8. Pulp Fiction

9. The Hateful 8

I love them all though. Would gladly rewatch any of them at any given time.

• Like 2

Awards

1 minute ago, thebhopexperience said:

1. OUATIH

2. Django Unchained

4. Death Proof

5. Inglorious Basterds

6. Jackie Brown 

7. Reservoir Dogs

8. Pulp Fiction

9. The Hateful 8

D6DC67B8-0FAB-4B1A-B67F-988C26080AD3.gif.7e3f66dfccd8fbc66e55b956f126fc97.gif

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, thebhopexperience said:

1. OUATIH

2. Django Unchained

4. Death Proof

5. Inglorious Basterds

6. Jackie Brown 

7. Reservoir Dogs

8. Pulp Fiction

9. The Hateful 8

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

Inglourious Basterds

Kill Bill

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Pulp Fiction

Django Unchained

The Hateful Eight

Death Proof

Jackie Brown

Reservoir Dogs

Not a single bad movie in the bunch. Reservoir Dogs is better than 100 director's best film. Death Proof used to be at the bottom of my list, but after rewatching all of them in the past year it moved up a bit. The bottom slot could swap between Jackie and RD on any given day. My only problem with Jackie Brown is I wasn't a fan of Robert Forster. His acting came off as very stale and boring to me. I think if someone else was in that role it could have been so much higher on my list.

Edited by MrTwoArms
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, MrTwoArms said:

Inglourious Basterds

Kill Bill

Pulp Fiction

Django Unchained

The Hateful Eight

Death Proof

Jackie Brown

Reservoir Dogs

Not a single bad movie in the bunch. Reservoir Dogs is better than 100 director's best film. Death Proof used to be at the bottom of my list, but after rewatching all of them in the past year it moved up a bit. The bottom slot could swap between Jackie and RD on any given day. My only problem with Jackie Brown is I wasn't a fan of Robert Forster. His acting came off as very stale and boring to me. I think if someone else was in that role it could have been so much higher on my list.

Another 🤔

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

12 hours ago, MrTwoArms said:

Inglourious Basterds

Kill Bill

Pulp Fiction

Django Unchained

The Hateful Eight

Death Proof

Jackie Brown

Reservoir Dogs

Forster was absolutely superb as Max Cherry. For a role that required a reserved and subtle performance, I couldn’t imagine anyone else pulling it off as brilliantly as he did. Plus, his chemistry with Grier was outstanding and it made for the most believable love relationship Tarantino has ever transposed on screen, helped of course by the first rate dialogue.

Which brings me to the main issue I have with Django - Jamie Foxx just doesn’t possess the acting chops to rival any of his screen partners and in my opinion he’s the weakest actor QT has ever directed in a starring role.

Waltz was great as usual but following his role in IB, I just couldn’t help but see Schultz as merely a retread of Landa, only this time as a good guy.

And the less said about that QT cameo, the better 🫣

• Like 4