IGNORED

WCL Crows and Sparrows (1949) (乌鸦与麻雀) (WCL Exclusive #59) (Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]

ksosk

• 5 months later...

think I'll grab this one-

summary:

A story of a corrupt party official who attempts to sell an apartment building he has appropriated from the original owner and the struggles of the tenants to prevent themselves being thrown onto the street.

review:

Good film that explores a lot of the experiences of the poorer city folk. Good vs. evil on a smaller scale, yet all the more powerful for it. It's important to remember that this movie was filmed as the GMD was falling, and only released after the Communists had seized power. Thus I would recommend it to anyone wondering what it must have been like to live in an urban area during the fall of the GMD.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Darnoc said:

think I'll grab this one-

summary:

A story of a corrupt party official who attempts to sell an apartment building he has appropriated from the original owner and the struggles of the tenants to prevent themselves being thrown onto the street.

review:

Good film that explores a lot of the experiences of the poorer city folk. Good vs. evil on a smaller scale, yet all the more powerful for it. It's important to remember that this movie was filmed as the GMD was falling, and only released after the Communists had seized power. Thus I would recommend it to anyone wondering what it must have been like to live in an urban area during the fall of the GMD.

ummmm.. ignorance being but... what does GMD mean?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
在 2023/10/31 在 PM9点19分, Casiusco说:

ummmm.. ignorance being but... what does GMD mean?

it‘s means 国民党(GUO MIN DANG)Chinese Nationalist Party,it's abbreviation by simply chinese pinyin。by English you can google "KMT"to know about it。

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
在 2024/2/20 在 AM9点11分, cylar说:

Any word on this? Release date was nearly 4mo ago. 

it‘s a great release,as The china film archive won’t share their 4K restoration of this films(they only showing in their theatre ,i haven’t have a chance to compare ).the Blu-ray may use from other company ‘s restoration. 

but still the best version we can see.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ZXDZ said:

it‘s a great release,as The china film archive won’t share their 4K restoration of this films(they only showing in their theatre ,i haven’t have a chance to compare ).the Blu-ray may use from other company ‘s restoration. 

but still the best version we can see.

I’m asking about when it’ll be shipped out man, I already bought it and paid over a month ago but everywhere is ghosting. 

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
10 hours ago, cylar said:

I’m asking about when it’ll be shipped out man, I already bought it and paid over a month ago but everywhere is ghosting. 

The best place to ask about something like this is the GB Club for the specific GB. You will get a hipping notification as soon as these have arrived with your HUB and a ready to ship. It always takes some time until they reach the HUB.

• Like 1