IGNORED

WCL Black Cat White Cat (WCL Exclusive #58) (Scanavo 4K UHD Fullslip) [China]

ksosk

@ksosk

I haven't been this excited for an announcement in quite some time. It is made all the more special, knowing this title, like most of Kusturica's body of work, has never even gotten a proper Blu-ray release to this day. And now WCL got the exclusive rights to do a 4K release for this gem?! 

frickin-awesome.gif

Those who don't know this film or Kusturica's filmography, you need to do yourself a favor and check out this 1998 comedic masterpiece - it's a pure joyride from start to finish, featuring crazy and colorful characters and accompanied by the wonderful music of Kusturica's longtime musical collaborator, the great Goran Bregović. 

One of the few movies that had me in stitches from start to finish. Went to see it in the theaters 6 times, thus equalling the record set by Pulp Fiction 4 years before.

I've had the Australian dvd for years (one of 2 or 3 dvds still in my collection) so this 4K upgrade with what I'm sure will be great new exclusive packaging, is the best news of the day!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, R1s1ngs0n said:

@ksosk

I haven't been this excited for an announcement in quite some time. It is made all the more special, knowing this title, like most of Kusturica's body of work, has never even gotten a proper Blu-ray release to this day. And now WCL got the exclusive rights to do a 4K release for this gem?! 

frickin-awesome.gif

Those who don't know this film or Kusturica's filmography, you need to do yourself a favor and check out this 1998 comedic masterpiece - it's a pure joyride from start to finish, featuring crazy and colorful characters and accompanied by the wonderful music of Kusturica's longtime musical collaborator, the great Goran Bregović. 

One of the few movies that had me in stitches from start to finish. Went to see it in the theaters 6 times, thus equalling the record set by Pulp Fiction 4 years before.

I've had the Australian dvd for years (one of 2 or 3 dvds still in my collection) so this 4K upgrade with what I'm sure will be great new exclusive packaging, is the best news of the day!

SOLD

Thanks for the recommendation. 

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, soundsorange said:

Thanks a lot! The booklet is a big part of getting a premium for me. Akira had no English translation so was pretty disappointed on that one

WCL's booklet almost never has english translation, it should be the same for this edition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
32 minutes ago, Yazi said:

Hi all, a new member here. If the GB thread is closed (like for this item), does it mean that I missed the proverbial "boat"? It seems that this set hasn't been released yet, but perhaps the total order limit has been reached?

Hi @Yazi yes, when a GB is closed that means that no more copies are available. - Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
24 minutes ago, jheez said:

Did the group buy for this ever go through? Seems strange that it's in the leftovers GB when I didn't see the normal group buy for this title happen after the initial group buy requests.

The regular GB for this will still need to finish. I'm sure @Masterblaster will work on that after he is available again next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2023 at 10:05 AM, soundsorange said:

@ksosk Is this still available in the big leftover? It’s still listed so I looked and it says closed.

Also - can anyone that has it now confirm about if there’s English language in the booklet? Maybe @R1s1ngs0n?

@Masterblaster Hi John, can you confirm if any copies are still available? Was listed in the leftovers but GB looks closed so wanted to check. Thanks!

• Like 1

Awards