IGNORED

2023: Track the Movies You Watch

Veum

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

@BreakBeatDJ that is exactly how I was thinking we would have to do it my friend! :)

Here is a couple of examples on how I wanted it to look if we could have kept it in our 1st posts…

357 Blu-ray/DVD
47 UHD BD
328 DVR/Streaming
0 Theater

48 TV-Series (each approximately 100 minutes of run-time)
780 Total

Blu-ray unless otherwise noted
First viewing unless otherwise noted; * Repeat viewing
(DVR) = DVR (TCM, HDNet, Sony Movie Channel, etc)
(AMZ) = Amazon Streaming; (T) = Theater; (4K) = UHD BD

January-June

July
[Show spoiler] 

August
[Show spoiler] 

September
[Show spoiler] 

October 2021 Horror Fest
[Show spoiler] 

November Noirvember 2021
[Show spoiler] 

December 25 Days of Christmas 2021
[Show spoiler]

Marked with (*) after date = a first-time watch
Marked with (*) after other info = first time for that version
I count a commentary viewing as a separate watch
Total count thru 12/29/2021: 100 movies, 6 shorts, 5 TV seasons, 1 TV specials, 1 TV miniseries

Jan – 6 movies, 2 TV seasons, 1 miniseries

[Show spoiler] 

Feb – 3 movies, 1 TV season, 1 short

[Show spoiler] 

Mar – 11 movies

[Show spoiler] 

Apr – 7 movies

[Show spoiler] 

May – 6 movies, 3 shorts

[Show spoiler] 

June – 3 movies, 1 short

[Show spoiler] 

July – 7 movies

[Show spoiler] 

August – 10 movies

[Show spoiler] 

September – 8 movies

[Show spoiler] 

October – 9 movies, 1 short

[Show spoiler] 

November – 11 movies, 2 TV seasons

[Show spoiler] 

December – 19 movies, 1 TV Special

[Show spoiler]

Reveal hidden contents

Blu-ray collection | Netflix | Amazon Prime | Hulu | Disney+ | Apple TV+ | HBO Max |Theater

JANUARY

[Show spoiler] 

FEBRUARY

[Show spoiler] 

MARCH

[Show spoiler] 

APRIL

[Show spoiler] 

MAY

[Show spoiler] 

JUNE

[Show spoiler] 

JULY

[Show spoiler] 

AUGUST

[Show spoiler] 

SEPTEMBER

[Show spoiler] 

OCTOBER

[Show spoiler] 

NOVEMBER

[Show spoiler] 

DECEMBER
12.18 Avatar: The Way of Water [2022]*
12.20 The Fabelmans [2022]*

*first viewing

Nice.  I'm down with that.  We will have to do it manually, but, I'm fine with it.  But again, if the group decides to go another direction, I'm fine with that too.

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Ultimately it's up to @Veum, but I'd rather keep it all here.  Thanks @Gary K for the suggestion though.  I'm happy to go that way if everyone agrees.

I think if we come up with some sort of format standard, it will be easy to find the posts with movies.  

If I'm overthinking it, let me know, but here's a suggestion to still keep it fairly neat for those of us Members.  Feel free to chime in with other suggestions

So, this would be one entry.  

01/10/23 THE AVIATOR 3 Stars

- I thought this movie was a movie that was definitely a movie, I saw this movie and after thinking about it, it's a movie.

Then all we would do is add to it by copying and pasting on our next post.

01/10/23 THE AVIATOR 3 Stars

- I thought this movie was a movie that was definitely a movie, I saw this movie and after thinking about it, it's a movie.

01/16/23 THE AVENGERS 4 Stars

- after the movie was over, I realized I had seen a movie, and thought, yes, yes, a movie.

So, we don't have to scroll back to see what we've posted/seen, our last post will always represent all our movies/shows and fairly easy to read format

It's def more work for the Members but it would be easy to find our lists.

Thoughts?  

@hansreinhardt

@Reagh @Ryan  @GuyIncognit0  @nathan_s82

I think that’s fantastic, looks nice and clean! It would be neat to specify if it’s a first time watch or a rewatch too, I tend to rewatch a lot so I like to keep track of first time watches. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure if the problem has been resolved as I'm a little late getting to this but I'm able to edit without any trouble.

I also like the format @BreakBeatDJ presented. I'm looking forward to this!

I have a letterboxd account but have been horrible at keeping it up to date.

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Gary K said:

So it appears I misspoke.   Regular members have a time limit on editing (sorry @BreakBeatDJ) but tiered do not as a perk of membership.  

Gary

All good my man.  Thanks for looking in to it. 

@hansreinhardt @nathan_s82 and I will do it manually.  I’m not sure what tier @Ryan is.  

Hey @hansreinhardt, I think you said you wanted to track re-watch vs first time.  If you take a look at @Veum post above for his layout, he created a simple way to track this with an asterisk.  He has some other good ideas in his layout as well. 

The goal is to have fun and share the movies/TV we watch so I think Mike will cut us some slack if the layouts don’t match. 

And one thing I wanted to clear up . . . If you’re watching a movie and there is a shirtless pizza delivery guy and a women who answers the door with no money to pay for the pizza wearing a peekaboo teddy . . . there may be a different thread for that.  

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

All good my man.  Thanks for looking in to it. 

@hansreinhardt @nathan_s82 and I will do it manually.  I’m not sure what tier @Ryan is.  

Hey @hansreinhardt, I think you said you wanted to track re-watch vs first time.  If you take a look at @Veum post above for his layout, he created a simple way to track this with an asterisk.  He has some other good ideas in his layout as well. 

The goal is to have fun and share the movies/TV we watch so I think Mike will cut us some slack if the layouts don’t match. 

And one thing I wanted to clear up . . . If you’re watching a movie and there is a shirtless pizza delivery guy and a women who answers the door with no money to pay for the pizza wearing a peekaboo teddy . . . there may be a different thread for that.  

Who knows, you may be a different tier a few months from now too if slots open up. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Peekaboo Teddy is a great band name. 

• Haha 4

🥤🤠 Some Film Noir goodness❣️🎬 🎞️

Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Ordered/Pre-ordered these 2 today, thank you ClassicFlix (some FilmNoir goodies… won’t be able to watch until March 2023 though, used the shipping saving $!)! icon_biggrin.gif

315680_medium.jpg?t=1661013715 328917_medium.jpg?t=1671061415

Order this gem today also, I’ll be able to watch these in the 2023 Movie watching thread on here!! icon_smile.gif

198351_medium.jpg?t=1517583500 

This Blu-ray bundle includes the following titles, see individual titles for specs and details:

174258_medium.jpg
174255_medium.jpg
178067_medium.jpg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Shall We Begin Benedict Cumberbatch GIF

01/01/23 Glass Onion* - 4/5 Stars, Streaming

- I really enjoyed this. Rian Johnson’s writing and direction remains fresh and interesting. The pacing never let up and I was mostly enthralled for the duration. A few of the twists demand repeat viewing, I found a couple of them to be mildly convoluted but the ending was ultimately satisfying. Well acted throughout and Steve Yedlin’s technical artistry behind the camera is first rate, as usual. 

(Ok… did I get the format right? I’ll just copy and paste this to the next entry, and so on?)

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Shall We Begin Benedict Cumberbatch GIF

01/01/23 Glass Onion* - 4/5 Stars, Streaming

- I really enjoyed this. Rian Johnson’s writing and direction remains fresh and interesting. The pacing never let up and I was mostly enthralled for the duration. A few of the twists demand repeat viewing, I found a couple of them to be mildly convoluted but the ending was ultimately satisfying. Well acted throughout and Steve Yedlin’s technical artistry behind the camera is first rate, as usual. 

(Ok… did I get the format right? I’ll just copy and paste this to the next entry, and so on?)

@hansreinhardt sounds like a movie I’d enjoy…

Yeah you did ok, but I had hoped all of us could have used the 1st post and edit everytime but c’est la vie! :) 

• Like 2

2023 BREAKBEATDJ WATCH LOG

2 TOTAL

1 Blu-Ray/DVD

1 Blu-Ray UHD

0 Streaming

0 Theater

0 TV Shows 

JANUARY

01/01/23 Top Gun Maverick 2022 BR UHD 3.5 STARS | POS: nostalgia, creative flight scenes NEG: too obvious, eject at mach 10?

01/01/23 A Night To Remember 1958 BR 4 STARS | POS: the portrayal of the Carpathia and California NEG: inconsistent class representation

• Like 4

01/01/23 Glass Onion* ★★★★ [streaming]

I really enjoyed this. Rian Johnson’s writing and direction remains fresh and interesting. The pacing never let up and I was mostly enthralled for the duration. A few of the twists demand repeat viewing, I found a couple of them to be mildly convoluted but the ending was ultimately satisfying. Well acted throughout, and Steve Yedlin’s technical artistry behind the camera is first rate as usual.

01/01/23 Prisoners★★★★★ [streaming]

A terrifying tale of a kidnapping. Intense, unrelenting unease. The film throws so many hints at you, not overwhelming but rather sparking your inner detective. Clues might go somewhere, only to become misdirects, but all the puzzle pieces fit in the end. Powerful performances from Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. Excellent direction from Denis Villeneuve. Roger Deakins cinematography feels oddly, uncharacteristically pedestrian—perhaps that’s what best fits the story though. I'm sure Netflix compression did no favors to the cinematography either.

01/01/23 Enemy* ★★★ [streaming]

Atmospheric and deeply uncomfortable, this psychological thriller has sat with me since I finished watching it. Initially I gave it a lower rating, but the more I think about it, the more fascinated I am. That being said, the film suffers from pacing issues—the characters sometimes behave differently from how one thinks they should, and it becomes a slog.

Spoiler

Basically, a man comes across his exact duplicate. My interpretation is that they are one in the same, and one version is a guilty conscience while the other is the man of action. 

01/02/23 Emily The Criminal* ★★★ [streaming]

Anyone who says Aubrey Plaza plays the same character over and over hasn’t seen this movie (or White Lotus S2, for that matter). She’s got quite a range as evidenced here, and I cared about her character from the opening moments. The movie slows a little in the last two thirds, but I appreciated the depiction of how difficult it can be to make an honest living, juxtaposed with the perceived ease of crime. 

01/02/23 Midnight Run★★★ [streaming]

I'm often made aware that there’s a large gaping crevasse in my film viewing history: 80’s comedy. I need to rectify this. Anyway, Midnight Run was a fun watch. The pairing of Charles Grodin and Robert De Niro was truly dynamite, and I always enjoy seeing Joe Pantoliano scream at people. Story was strong but I felt the pacing dragged in spots, could’ve been tightened up in the edit but overall, again, a fun watch. 

01/02/23 Last Night in Soho* ★★★★ [streaming]

Wild ride. Loved the use of color. Anya Taylor-Joy and Matt Smith never disappoint. Editing was clever, as is to be expected from an Edgar Wright film. Characters were compelling, fantastic performances all around, especially from Thomasin McKenzie, who was unknown to me before viewing this (though, I have apparently seen her in the film Old). The film loses a little steam as it basks in Ellie’s visions a little too long—it becomes the same thing over and over at a certain point, and I found myself growing bored. Could’ve benefited from trimming about 10-15 mins. But the ending was absolutely satisfying, as was the story as a general whole.  

2023 HANSREINHARDT STATS - 6 TOTAL

4K UHD: 0

Blu-ray: 0

DVD: 0

LaserDisc: 0

Streaming: 6

Theater: 0

• Like 5