IGNORED

Our new GB process ... does it need tuning ? What are your thoughts ?

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi guys and gals, 

i have been getting feedback from a few members (older and newer) that seem to think the new system is hard to follow and somewhat complicated.

Would appreciate constructive criticism as to what you think could be done to enhance the experience .

The system itself will not change as a whole but if i can get enough ideas as to how YOU might think it could be better that would help me to understand your needs better and possibly make those changes .

Please no stupid comments , dont need to hear things that are not constructive. 

Thanks for your time.

Take care

John

@★ Administrators ★ @★ Super Moderator ★ @★ Moderator ★ @★ Platinum Psycho ★ @★ GOLD Psycho ★ @★ Members ★

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
12 minutes ago, zerohaven said:

I like the new system. My only issue is that there is a new club for each release. I assumed all Manta Lab releases would be condensed into one Club. And so on for each retailer. 

Ok noted.  Will check about changing that as we go.  Your right it might make it alot easier but im not sure i can bundle them .  Will check.

Thanks for your feedback !

Take care

John

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I like the new system. I'm glad that for every group buy you are a part of, a club is then added for you to join.  Putting the payment link in the club, with big green letters like in the 2001, helps those having trouble understanding where to go in the Store to make their payment.

The only thing that I would not do is have Clubs that have all the releases from one brand, like what was/is planned for Manta Lab. I much prefer the individual title clubs. 

It's not that it's too complicated to figure out the new system, rather, I think people are used to getting an invoice and then paying that way, and don't want to change. But this isn't hard at all to figure out. 

• Like 11

Awards

1 minute ago, Masterblaster said:

Ok noted.  Will check about changing that as we go.  Your right it might make it alot easier but im not sure i can bundle them .  Will check.

Thanks for your feedback !

Take care

John

I think bundling the group buy clubs by publisher may be confusing if there is not also a way to certify in the shop that only specific users that secured the edition in question are allowed to complete that purchase

• Like 4

The new system feels streamlined to me, I haven't had any issues with it. I like the individual club system. Honestly, I find it easier than the first couple of group buys I participated in when I first joined Media Psychos, and those first couple group buys weren't complicated. 

The only thing I miss is minor: confirmation in the thread that I've joined the group buy—I liked the update to the master thread. I think that's only visible in the club now? 

• Like 5

Awards

Just now, Gremlins said:

I think the new system works great.

I do wish that when following a club, we can filter it so we only get emails for posts from mods. 

You can follow the Mods that are running your GB and then you will get an email when they post. You will get more emails, but it will help you not to miss anything important. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SilentasKnight said:

You can follow the Mods that are running your GB and then you will get an email when they post. You will get more emails, but it will help you not to miss anything important. 

I dont ever miss anything important, i just wish there was a way to get less emails. 

• Like 10

Awards

Overall, I think it’s easier to navigate. I like the one stop shop aspect so I no longer have to pay through PayPal. I was a little confused on this most recent purchase on the Hub shipping portion. I deduced that if not direct the only other option would be Hub. Maybe with more tuning, this method/layout can become more preferable to all of mediapsychos. Maybe don’t consider it a finished product but more of a glimpse of what is to come. Either way, this is definitely doable with a little bit of caution. Consider me a fan! Appreciate you all!

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, zerohaven said:

I like the new system. My only issue is that there is a new club for each release. I assumed all Manta Lab releases would be condensed into one Club. And so on for each retailer. 

I definitely second this. I love the new system and prefer it, it's nice to have easier to find receipts of GB purchases on MP and to have a purchase history. I also like having multiple payment options (PayPal and Affirm available for both which is great thanks to the store setup). But I agree that I expected us to join clubs for each retailer rather than a club per GB/release. That would be a lot simpler to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think this new system is more straight forward than the old.

I think a key part is always getting a notification/message from @Gipsy Danger when payment is due/ purchase link is live.

It’s easier to track payments this way vs checking email for PayPal invoices at least for me anyway. It’s also nice to see orders etc in the store/orders area as well. 

Edited by Fab_1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Awards

So, being brand new, I can't really comment on how it compared to any previous systems. Coming from reddit, I was told make sure I read first and when I signed up, the welcome messages said make sure you read first, so I read first... Zero issues.

The only thing I would make sure to clarify to new members is the necessity to get their notifications set up correctly, so they don't miss windows. It did feel like I jumped around to a lot of different places to find all the information I wanted, but overall I thought the process was very smooth.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, a_o said:

I think bundling the group buy clubs by publisher may be confusing if there is not also a way to certify in the shop that only specific users that secured the edition in question are allowed to complete that purchase

I agree. I would continue to have each release in its own club. 
Personally, have no issues with the new system. Obviously it took a minute to read the instructions, but once you did, it was (is) simple to follow. 
From personal experience working in an organization with 50,000 employees, whenever we make a change to accommodate the few, you inevitably create a new group who think the new way is complicated and hard to follow 🤔
I am a true believer in the 80/20 rule 😉
Bottom-line:  You are the one dealing with the invoicing and payments. I think YOU need to create a system that works for you.  

• Like 5

I think it would be good if everyone would pay for their own edition in the store. Everyone knows what they ordered. As far as I'm concerned, a tab for each label and the link to pay is stored there.
I still don't get the club thing, it just confuses me...

If the child has to be called a club, then I have to find all the information there. So link to pay and also information about shipping and new photos of the edition. But I can find that somewhere else, so why a club?

But maybe my poor English is to blame for the fact that I don't understand it.

• Like 6

I am relatively new as well, so don’t have much history to compare the new system too.  But overall I like the new system quite well.   Once I read all the documentation as instructed, I had a clear path on what to do.  As others have stated, I am trying to streamline my notifications to try and eliminate or reduce some of the email volume.

I am curious in relation to club creation, what is the timing trigger to create the club and subsequently invoice.  IE like for UHD Club Jurassic Park Trilogy…what would determine when the club would be created and when would we get the payment link.  If this has been documented, please forgive me.

Thanks so much for all the incredible effort that goes in to this institution! 

• Like 2

I feel the new payment system is now very straight forward, and that direct email from Gypsy Danger was a huge and valuable improvement. 

The only confusing part I see for new members is the store setup.  Based on some of the newer member posts, it seems like some members can see items in the store that they never signed up for through the group buy, and then they are asking if those items are available outside of a group buy.  It might be a good idea to adjust the labeling in the store to make it easier to differentiate items for sale to everyone vs items for sale only through the group buy.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

I feel the new payment system is now very straight forward, and that direct email from Gypsy Danger was a huge and valuable improvement. 

I second this on the DM from Gipsy - it’s a huge improvement as far as notification of payment being due goes. For me, I still maintain that it’s very frustrating to try to find updates from staff, other than the official payment due notification (since Gipsy DM’s for that now), within a lot of conversations in the release threads. I tend to keep up with MP daily but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t get irritated many days having to scroll through conversations to try to find the one update from John or GB staff that is applicable to me.

I like that we are able to chat with one another but I still wish GB threads were less chatty and more so for updates only from staff. Or at least an official designation between the two. I think the DM from Gipsy helps with this for payment specifically, but it would still be nice to have relevant updates from staff to be separate from the chatter. 

Overall, I really do like the new system with checking out via the store. 

Edited by Erica F
  • Like 4

right well here goes constructive,

i like it all but couple of things could be improved upon

1. when in store gb purchases need a heading of there own ( i have had new members in the past asking me if they can buy other editions that are obviously secondary at a full price above gb price) this would stop this issue dead. if they can only buy gb purchases on there own. admittedly this has been as a gb has just ended but would save confusion.

2.each group buy could do with a shipping state in the OP this is not so we can beat you with a stick but so we know what is going on.

so if shipped on way to hub its there

or if delayed due to issues from supplier like manta with motherboxes 

or arrived at which hub again so we all have an idea. ( i know some american members starting to get theres)

to give example i asked about motherbox manta no one seems to know????

anyway thats my 2 pence of constructive and nothing silly but if those 2 things done could vastly improve for us all imho 👍

basil 

• Like 2

I'm very happy with the new system. The only thing I didn't like is that I received an email saying my package has been sent a day after it was delivered. Since the whole project took a very long time anyway, I didn't expect the package to arrive in this time frame. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks in transit. Notification of shipment at the time of shipment rather than after delivery would have been very desirable. Or generally more information about the status of the shipment, e.g. in the invoice overview. I checked the club news and my invoice overview often and there was no information about the status here either.

But everything else is great! Thanks very much to everyone involved!

• Like 1

So far so good for me here

When the rules & changes were announced I did find it hard to understand & was quite concerned about the change (I'm not a fan of change in all aspects of life & like the status quo) but once implemented & used it is much more straightforward than expected & fairly simple to use

I don't think it need much changing if any, only thing that might be handy (but not sure if you can implement it in anyway) is to make it that when you click through to the purchase page that it shows only the copy you selected in the original GB rather than all the copies available but don't really see that that would be possible

Aside from that I'm happy with the system & think it's working well

Neil

• Like 1

Awards

If people are having trouble with payment dates, it might help to have a calendar on the homepage, like in the clubs, that would group all the payment dates of the different GBs (and maybe other news like the opening of a new GB).

Having the ability to see important posts in the discussion topics that would be highlighted would be useful I think.

Otherwise I find the new system with the messages you get when the payment is launched or when you sign up for a GB very useful 👌

I haven't had time to read all the messages, sorry if the ideas are repeated

• Like 3

Awards