Apollo 13 (UHD CLUB DP #21) (4K+BD Hardbox Digipak) [China]

Release Date : TBC

Retail Price : TBC

Print Run : 200

This will be a lenticular hardbox.

Artwork is pending approval.

Version 1 Limited to 100

3 transition lenticular box

E4E82383-2C5D-4DD3-9865-461A57C7ACA6.thumb.jpeg.647b5f5baa146a5fc00a9dd7f75c7e3a.jpeg

mmexport1668308804238.thumb.jpg.46d2b37a32dff058cc491b105b4c8862.jpg

mmexport1668308260309.thumb.jpg.3bad425c76761e98b9bf797082ffc6e2.jpg

Version 2 Limited to 100

2 transition lenticular box 

547BB476-7C3A-4F25-BE30-1050354D772B.thumb.jpeg.368e6c0242b7125f2f50e41e46a7f1b1.jpeg

Apollo 13 E2 1.jpeg

Apollo 13 E2 2.jpeg

mmexport1669257600645.jpg

mmexport1669257631742.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I hope the box is same size as Jaws and E.T.   I love that format.  

I hope it isn't to be honest. While they're both cool they still would've been better off as regular DP editions.
/>If="WOOD"<
><set size="BR"//
>else=REGULAR""/

Seems like I truly have a future as a programmer now! 😎 Loadsa moneh!

• Like 4

Awards

1 hour ago, tr0llhatt said:

they still would've been better off as regular DP editions.

Interesting.  So, why do you prefer DP editions for this?

Here's my rationale . . . .

I like the size of the UHD Jaws, E.T. because they feel like a nice luxury volume on the shelf, without being OC big.  All my "regular" editions feel like nice paperbacks on the shelf, these UHD hard boxes feel like luxury keepsake volumes, without being overbearing.   And, I like the size of the added lentis.   All the character cards and postcard sized goodies are great, but I prefer one larger really nice card, rather than 8-12 smaller 4x6s.  

I'm open to being convinced otherwise!

Hidden Figures School GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 3:12 PM, BreakBeatDJ said:

Interesting.  So, why do you prefer DP editions for this?

I find them to be, in a word, flimsy. And they feel like one-offs size-and-design-wise. not to mention I think UC have enough variations already to work with. Without them introducing more size variety than they already do with each DP edition (no 2 are the same size, maybe TDK...) Though in retrospect I'm not sure I consider either title worthy of the wood treatment that BR got.
And... they are OC size - thinner, but taller :P

So... normal DP edition please 😎

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 2

Awards

vor 2 Stunden schrieb tr0llhatt:

I find them to be, in a word, flimsy. And they feel like one-offs size-and-design-wise. not to mention I think UC have enough variations already to work with. Without them introducing more size variety than they already do with each DP edition (no 2 are the same size, maybe TDK...) Though in retrospect I'm not sure I consider either title worthy of the wood treatment that BR got.

Seconded, the E.T and Jaws edition might be bigger but thats about the only superlative one can use. They  are not as robust and classy as the classic DP Editions and also have no additional value compared to them. I hope this format will not be used again.

So DP it is. If Indy, LOTR and Hobbit wont be released in wooden cases they shouldnt release them at all though. 

With these its go all in or go away.

Edited by hal56
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

Noted.  

I have opinions, but hold on to them loosely.  As I get more of these editions and read everyone's preferences, I'm sure my opinions will change.  

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Seconded, the E.T and Jaws edition might be bigger but thats about the only superlative one can use. They  are not as robust and classy as the classic DP Editions and also have no added value to them. I hope this format will not be used again.

So DP it is. If Indy LOTR and Hobbit wont be released in wooden cases they shouldnt release them at all.

Well, when I was on the fence about UHD Jaws, I got a lot of feedback that the format was great and the edition was great.  I'm happy with it and glad I got it, but who knows, that could change.   I appreciate you being so clear about your preferences, I like this kind of detailed input.

• Like 3

vor 2 Minuten schrieb BreakBeatDJ:

Well, when I was on the fence about UHD Jaws, I got a lot of feedback that the format was great and the edition was great.  I'm happy with it and glad I got it, but who knows, that could change.   I appreciate you being so clear about your preferences, I like this kind of detailed input.

Maybe you have a chance to compare the Jaws edition with one of the classic DP Editions, like any Nolan Edition or TDK Editions.

The Jaws edition is fine, however, once you see the thick, rigid case of one of the classic DP Editions, I am sure you are convinced of their superiority.

Bigger isnt always better.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2022 at 7:46 PM, BreakBeatDJ said:

Well, when I was on the fence about UHD Jaws, I got a lot of feedback that the format was great and the edition was great.

Truth be told I was generally positive about the changes that came with Jaws and E.T when they were announced/introduced. Though as I got my hands on them and had some time to reflect and experience them I've changed my mind, they're not bad - just the normal DP editions are far superior in my opinion.

• Like 2

Awards

1 minute ago, tr0llhatt said:

Truth be told I was generally positive about the changes that came with Jaws and E.T when they were announced/introduced. Though as I got my hands on them and had some time to reflect and experience them I've changed my mind, they're not bad - just the normal DP editions are far superior in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm getting an education on these, I appreciate the feedback.  Which of the previous UHD Club DP editions would you suggest I hunt down?  I like almost all movies, so any suggestions would be great.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 7:44 AM, tr0llhatt said:

I hope it isn't to be honest. While they're both cool they still would've been better off as regular DP editions.
/>If="WOOD"<
><set size="BR"//
>else=REGULAR""/

Seems like I truly have a future as a programmer now! 😎 Loadsa moneh!

Agree 100%  pls no more giant boxes, especially if they don't have enough stuff to fill them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

This release is going to be 2 Lenti Versions now, each limited to 100.

Version 1 Limited to 100

mmexport1668308804238.thumb.jpg.46d2b37a32dff058cc491b105b4c8862.jpg

mmexport1668308260309.thumb.jpg.3bad425c76761e98b9bf797082ffc6e2.jpg

Version 2 Limited to 100

Apollo 13 E2 1.jpeg

Apollo 13 E2 2.jpeg

GB Coming Soon!

Definitely in for ver 2.  Very excited for this one. 
I wish the spine logos were smaller though.  

I guess this is A Ron Howard Film, aye?

Tiered?

• Like 3